Taking on rape...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15905 by
Replied by on topic Re:Taking on rape...
several coins in a handkerchief or silk scarf (knotted in the middle) makes an excellent weapon too, old Indian (as in Asia not first nation) assassins weapon I believe

You can buy compressed air pocket horns, only the size of an asthma 'puffer' but painfully loud... one of college lecturers supplied them to female students, something like 180db

but weapons aside, is it not deeply saddening that we have to think in these ways? in many ways I think humanity is regressing not advancing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15906 by
Kana Seiko Haruki wrote:

several coins in a handkerchief or silk scarf (knotted in the middle) makes an excellent weapon too, old Indian (as in Asia not first nation) assassins weapon I believe

You can buy compressed air pocket horns, only the size of an asthma 'puffer' but painfully loud... one of college lecturers supplied them to female students, something like 180db

but weapons aside, is it not deeply saddening that we have to think in these ways? in many ways I think humanity is regressing not advancing.

It is sad but it is reality.
There are a few thoughts I have regarding the whole subject.

1. People are neither innately good nor evil. But they have the choice to do things which are good or evil. And I'm talking good and evil in broad strokes. Most people in most societies would agree that rape and murder for instance are evil.

2. Some people are 'damaged goods' sometimes this is genetic or organic in nature such as someone with a brain tumor or a chemical imbalance which drives them to depraved acts. Sometimes its a result of environmental damage. Abuse, neglect, alcoholism, etc.

3. Some societies and sub societies are damaged goods. They don't hold life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in the same manner we do. Nazi Germany was a disfunctional society to the bones. The mafia is a sub-society or gangs for example who don't hold life in the same regard most people do.

I personally think now more than ever in history things have gotten better. Yes, we still have problems galore.... too many to count but at least many people in western civ have reached at least an awareness of the problems and some of us are trying to actively become agents of change.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #47112 by
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this very simple solution.....

1. Go get your concealed hand gun permit, if thats not allowed get your carry permit. If your unfamiliar with how to operate a firearm its no problem, the state requires you to take classes.

2. Go buy you a winchester .38 revolver, or any .38 revolver for that matter. There are a few reasons for this. You most likely are not familiar with firearms and it doesn't require as much cleaning. Also it NEVER jams. In a situation like that it is highly unlikely you will need more than six shots. Also there is little to no recoil so you can whip that thing out of your purse and shoot it from any angle, although its prefered you use proper techniques. Since your small it requires no strength to accuretly fire the weapon

3. Some states don't allow concealed weapons, however if you have no vices(don't do drugs, dont drink and drive, a cop will not take you to jail if he searches you and finds a legal hand gun in your purse, as long as you have a permit for it.) Even if he does, you will most likely have the case dismissed. Especially since your a woman.

4. If you ever whip that thing out be prepared to shoot the person, many bullies feel you wouldnt actually shoot them. If you allow them to get that gun from you your situation just turned alot worse. When you pull it begin yelling like a crazy woman saying if they dont run right now you will( F*** kill them) This accomplishes two things, it lets the person know your serious, and it will attract attention from bystanders to your situation.

5. Do not hesitate! You have to realize the person is putting your life in danger if they are attemtping to sexually assault you. There are many deadly sexually transmitted diseases. The person is threatening the sanctity of your body. You have every right to use deadly force to defend yourself.

This might go against the jedi way, but any man who is willing to force himself on a woman is trash and less than human, in my opinion. He is threatening your life and your emotional well being, and you have every right to defend yourself. Since there are no real ways to physically overpower him, unless you get lucky, or are highly trained, this is the only viable method,( and no a black belt in karate doesn't qaulify you as being "highly" trained, lol)

P.S
My girlfriend had much of the same fears so for christmas I did this exact thing for her. She loved it and said it was the best christmas present anyone has ever given her. Firearms are an eqaulazing force. No matter how big a guy is six shots to the chest will put him down.

Double P.S
This will only work in the U.S . Many countries don't allow thier citizens the right to keep and bear arms, which is a horrible mistake in my opinion. Even in countries that don't allow firearms, criminals have free access to them. You leave your citizens defensless from both the criminal element of society, and defensless from the government.

Triple P.S
That guy kissing you on the cheek is in the marines.....I am very suprised he has not mentioned this. Your man is slackin,lol.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47117 by
I am a part time Fugitive Recovery Agent(Bounty Hunter). I help throw scum back in jail when they skip bail. I have put 176 men back in jail. I am constantly continuing my education into martial prowess and fire arm techniques. I try to keep my contracts to sexual assaults, child abuse, domestic violence, and meth/cocaine dealers. I have been in some pretty tricky situations. Feel free to pm me if you need any advice on how to deal with cowards like that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47122 by
Replied by on topic Re: Taking on rape...
as others have said some martial arts of self defense training. Size does not matter if you learn correct techniques and how to do them properly. My 14 year old is all of 90 lbs and had a bully mess with her at school. He doesn't mess with her anymore. I have even taught my wife some basics and her train of though a god kick in the nethers and a jab to the throat or eyes. Look into it and ask for some advice if you decide, loads of people who have train in martial arts here to help point you in the right direction. Good luck with it
RM

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 4 months ago #47132 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Taking on rape...
If a guy tries to rape you (and you're not passed out or something), you can always rip his balls off, even if you have little strength.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47138 by
'What's all the brouhaha about?' Kendalina snorted as Jack sorted through her notes on feminist theory, self-defense, and victim-blaming.

"Trying to come up with an answer to how to defend yourself against an attack." Jack mumbled. Kendalina shrugged.

'The physical part, or the rape part?' She asked, 'Cuz, really, the best way to subvert a rape is to not give a damn.'

Jack paused.

"Kendalina... I might have something stuck in my ear, but I could have just sworn you said something REALLY wrong, right now."

'What? It happened to me, and I didn't give a damn.' Jack's head snapped around and she gave Kendalina a good, long look. Short and compact, with blaster and lightsaber scars all over her skin, some even from crossing blades with a real, honest-to-god Sith Lord, biceps, triceps, calves, abs, and pectorals as thick, hard, and strong as rocks... and this woman had been raped?

"...And how did that work out for the whole prevention thing?" Jack finally asked. Kendalina just smirked.

'I was attacked, he ---' Jack had to edit the actual description of the act for her own sanity, 'And now, it's done and in the past. What do I care? Rape is just a medium of control -- so, you can only be really, truly raped if you let someone HAVE that control of you. I didn't, because I don't care. What happened doesn't change who I am as a person, nor does it have an impact on me. So... yeah -- what's the brouhaha all about?'

Jack considered.

"...To use two quotes from Star Wars itself, are you saying 'The more he tightens his grip, the more star systems slip though his fingers' as far as the control issue goes?"

'Yup.'

"And 'Luminous beings are we; not this crude matter' in terms of the physical aspect of any kind of attack?"

'Yup.'

"And I'm starting to bore you now, aren't I?"

'You betcha.'

"Got it."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #47140 by
(Sorry, double post)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #47141 by

Sapadu wrote: 'What's all the brouhaha about?' Kendalina snorted as Jack sorted through her notes on feminist theory, self-defense, and victim-blaming.

"Trying to come up with an answer to how to defend yourself against an attack." Jack mumbled. Kendalina shrugged.

'The physical part, or the rape part?' She asked, 'Cuz, really, the best way to subvert a rape is to not give a damn.'

Jack paused.

"Kendalina... I might have something stuck in my ear, but I could have just sworn you said something REALLY wrong, right now."

'What? It happened to me, and I didn't give a damn.' Jack's head snapped around and she gave Kendalina a good, long look. Short and compact, with blaster and lightsaber scars all over her skin, some even from crossing blades with a real, honest-to-god Sith Lord, biceps, triceps, calves, abs, and pectorals as thick, hard, and strong as rocks... and this woman had been raped?

"...And how did that work out for the whole prevention thing?" Jack finally asked. Kendalina just smirked.

'I was attacked, he ---' Jack had to edit the actual description of the act for her own sanity, 'And now, it's done and in the past. What do I care? Rape is just a medium of control -- so, you can only be really, truly raped if you let someone HAVE that control of you. I didn't, because I don't care. What happened doesn't change who I am as a person, nor does it have an impact on me. So... yeah -- what's the brouhaha all about?'

Jack considered.

"...To use two quotes from Star Wars itself, are you saying 'The more he tightens his grip, the more star systems slip though his fingers' as far as the control issue goes?"

'Yup.'

"And 'Luminous beings are we; not this crude matter' in terms of the physical aspect of any kind of attack?"

'Yup.'

"And I'm starting to bore you now, aren't I?"

'You betcha.'

"Got it."

We had an enlightening pm conversation about this. Never mind :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #47350 by
'Hmm...' Of all characters, it was the Okama-Geisha's who were poring over Jack's conversation with Kendalina, '...This seems... problematic, somehow.'

"I told you what you said was wrong." Jack smugly pointed out to Kendalina.

'I'm not apologizing.'

'Good.' James muttered, though more in a 'We're sick of putting up with you' way than a 'You shouldn't be held accountable' one, 'Still, nothing in this world is a One-size-fits-all. What works for one person doesn't work for everyone... Guys, have you ever had to deal with being assaulted or anything?'

Akitaro shrugged.

'A few times -- gay men and cross dressers get some of it from jerks who are so insecure that they feel the need to-' And Jack forcibly censored Akitaro's crude and vulgar slang at this point, '-So, we've had to deal with some of it.'

"And how did all of you handle it?" Jack asked, taking notes like a combination of a police detective and a Freudian psychologist.

'Safety in numbers.' Taro mumbled, indifferently.

'Berserker mode striking back.' Akitaro gestured to the other self-defense suggestions.

'I'd keep my cellphone out and take pictures of anyone approaching me if they seemed like a threat. That at least sends the message 'You're gonna pay if you touch me' and they leave me alone.' Tsuneo held up his smartphone.

'I keep Alka-Seltzer in my purse and if someone starts following me, find a way to pop one in my mouth and start foaming.' That earned Kakeru more than a few disturbed looks.

'Of course, learning more about the people in your neighborhood and having a few secrets of theirs to threaten them with is a good way of promoting your own safety. Or, if they're the unscrupulous type, knowing their weaknesses and making them think twice about attacking you.' And that made everyone stare at Tensora-san with expressions bordering on terrified, 'Psychological warfare is always more economical, not to mention it's tidier and nobody can turn on you for so-called assault of your own. It's much less troublesome that way.'

"If that's the kind of thing you think of, Tensora-san, I don't imagine you're the type who would be targeted, anyway." Jack muttered, not daring to say that he was probably the real criminal in the room.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi