Taking on rape...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5364 by
Replied by on topic Re:Taking on rape...
i to have studeyed and have a black belt and run may own dojo. i ame quite tinney alsow 5 fot 2, 96 pounds. wot i studey sise dosnot mater infact it works betear for smailler pepeaill. the founder of aikido was may hight in fact he was a little bit smailler. yes the other martaill arts are grate theay tech maney vearey ysfuill things. but it is not good for me i just dont have the strangth or size to studey maney of tham. the down side to aikido is it tacks maney maney years to start to becom efectof in a situation. i realey wish you lived closear than i coued chow you and prove that size realey is no big deaill at all.
i hade one of may nuw students tell me this weak that he has tacken maney other martaill arts and he has hered maney times ovear agen frome the others that size dosent mater and he hasent beleved it befor but with aikido it realey cant be aney clearer with him that in this case that saying it true. i realey nead to get may website set up so you can see wot i ame trying to say. well wean i dow i will haf to get you to viset it ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5365 by
Coming in here late I can see you have all presented wonderful self defense techniques available for everyone to use...not just the ladies...any chance anyone has found picture instructions or even an instruction video on YouTube that could be posted either in here or in the blogs for more definitive visual training?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5366 by
i tried Akido once. i ended up being squashed by a 240 varsity football player..ouchy. It's easy to take them down when they are drunk ( as i know from experience) . What is the best method? go limp or fight back? i find that when being chocked, if you inhale real quick and hold ur breath u go limp faster (again...just don't ask why i know that). Am i just that lousy of a fighter that i can't even fend off an attacker even though i've been training my entire life?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5367 by
Honestly i am not that small, i am 5'7\" and 210, plus i have been in wieght lifting in high school, i am not that strong but i would like to think i could hold my own. I have thought about what would happen if i ever get in trouble as far as rape or kidnapping is concerned. Well, if they are coming from behind a swift strong kick to the knee will hurt them at least, break it at best. And there is the always usfull scream, works better then any wistle i have every heard. Oh, i was thinking, if they pick you up, swing your legs strieght out in front of you, and if that does throw them off balance bring your legs back down as hard as you can, swinging back between their legs if possible. Of course that could hurt you too, *scratchs head*, still thinking.

You think your area is bad, lol. I live in the coke central of the country. San Bernardino is known for few things and drugs is definately one of them. So yeah, we have our own problems. But i never even thought that i would ever get in trouble. I heard about kidnappings that occured on the same route i took to school and right outside my apartment someone was shot. it happens though. But i am thinking that because i never thought twice about gettin ghurt from someone or getting in trouble from something. I have heard that we creat our universe, so by not putting much merit in it i think i have managed to avoid it. But i always made sure that if something would happen i would try to have an idea of what to do.

In the end we can't control what happens, so we should prepare ourselves and not dwell on what could happen. Because if you always worry about what could happen you will never live with what is happening. I hoped all this helped, lol. It was a lot longer then i expected, sorry.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5374 by
well i use to get into fights alot (like two a day) and if u cant fight just run cuz its ur best chanes. or u could hit them in there eyes. or u should learn the presser points. cuz they hard alot. or hit them in the area to.:)

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 9 months ago #5415 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re:Taking on rape...
When you can't break the grip the mighty instep or top of foot may help. My husband taught me to rake my foot down the shin and come down on the top of the foot as hard as I could to help break a hold... (especially if you have heels on!!)

If you held with your hands at your side try to reach back and grab their, uhm, Jewels as hard as you can.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15852 by
i think the best way to avoid rape is to avoid situations that might get you into that kind of trouble in the first place. Also, it helps to know things, like statistics, and use your knowledge to your advantage. For example, 80% of the time if a person is in that situation and attempts retaliation the attacker will back off. I think it helps to make yourself less of a target. Ive known a few people who were raped, and, sadly but honestly, it seems to me like they were almost \"asking for it\". Or at least they werent being very smart. These people were either at parties or hanging out with dubious characters(whose background they knew). Also, people can pick up on each others weaknesses, and by the way a person carries themself and other things, they can easily be judged to be \"easy prey\" or not. this has nothing to do with size, but rather the \"aura\"(...i suppose you could say) that a person gives off.
But I understand what you mean, Ive also had formal training, but I'm still barely 5'3\" and barely a match against the standard male.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15884 by
Ok im not a women and understand your concerns

The keychain is also sold as a kobutan keychains... there are many versions to be found, easy to make and at least one version is legal in Uk and all other countries.

Another simple weapon, your house/car keys or even a credit card can be used as effective slashing weapon.

Im not into weapons, but I have helped in the past with Ladies Dirty Fighting lessons, basically survival fighting for women in danger, and anything goes when your life is on the line.

Most martial arts stores have these keyring and many come as a kit with a dvd etc too, but again... I suggest all women find and attend such courses failing that, SAS self defence hand book is excellent, learn the 5 step put down, you only 4 of them ;) number 5 is 'and this is because i can' move :ohmy: :P (well why not I say)

But good old street wise/sense is best defence, even making sure you walk and hold yourself so you don't look like a victim works wonders but please...

Take care, Be Safe,

MTFBWY - A

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15886 by
Kana Seiko Haruki wrote:

Ok im not a women and understand your concerns

The keychain is also sold as a kobutan keychains... there are many versions to be found, easy to make and at least one version is legal in Uk and all other countries.

Another simple weapon, your house/car keys or even a credit card can be used as effective slashing weapon.

Im not into weapons, but I have helped in the past with Ladies Dirty Fighting lessons, basically survival fighting for women in danger, and anything goes when your life is on the line.

Most martial arts stores have these keyring and many come as a kit with a dvd etc too, but again... I suggest all women find and attend such courses failing that, SAS self defence hand book is excellent, learn the 5 step put down, you only 4 of them ;) number 5 is 'and this is because i can' move :ohmy: :P (well why not I say)

But good old street wise/sense is best defence, even making sure you walk and hold yourself so you don't look like a victim works wonders but please...

Take care, Be Safe,

MTFBWY - A

I agree with you on this.

1. The most important weapon you have in not being raped is your mind.
Stay out of bad areas. As Mr. Meyogi from the Karate Kid said, \"Best defense is 'no be there'\". Stay in well lit areas with people around.
Don't look down or otherwise get distracted with your phone, map, pda, etc. Walk with confidence and keeping your eyes looking around to make sure that people know you are aware of your surroundings is the best defense measure. Most would be assailants are cowardly and will look for easier prey. However that being said for self defense I would advise a few things.

2. Scream \"Fire\". Most people do not want to get involved in a situation where there is sexual violence being perpetrated for whatevever reason. Usually a rapist is armed in some way, violent, crazy, all of the above. But when people think their property is in danger they come running and introducing people into the scene will usually defuse the situation.

3. Keys do make a great weapon. Usually going for the eyes or throat is a good option. A closed umbrella used in a stabbing fashion can also work as well as chemical deterrants.

4. Finger nails raking the face often called 'Tiger Claw' is effective as well as eye gouging.

5. Self-defense class can also be valuable as mentioned.

6. I mention the last one in all seriousness because I have heard it mentioned as a last ditch effort to prevent rape and that is to 'foul' oneself. Let loose with #1 and #2 and often the assailant will think you are crazy or just be disgusted enough to leave you in peace.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #15897 by
to not put oneself in such a position is important, but there will be times that even when avoiding it, it can still happen.
My mom used to work in Downtown Houston long ago and used to carry a whistle, mini-fog horn, and several rolls of quarters in her purse to use in case she was attacked. She was several times, however because of the things she had on her, each time she won. my mom is only 5'4\" a primary target because of her size.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi