reinterpreting the bibles view of homosexuality

More
12 years 3 months ago #49251 by Br. John
http://johnshelbyspong.com/2012/02/02/should-a-competent-newspaper-publish-uninformed-prejudice/

Should a Competent Newspaper Publish Uninformed Prejudice?

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49255 by
I have finished reading this topic and wanted to say a few things

I don't want to say that I feel the need to stick up for Star Forge, I don't think he feels the need for someone to defend him, but I understand what I think he is trying to say

He just appears to be very anti-political-correctness, which is very understandable

He is just asking straightforward questions that some might view as offensive even though there is no offence intended. He clearly isn't homophobic

I do think however that I do not believe there to be much difference between the health of heterosexual or homosexual people

Homosexual people might be subject to greater amounts of mental illness but often that is caused by prejudice and demonization. But in those cases it is the prejudice that should be addressed not the homosexuality

Just for the record I myself am bi, but didn't find what you said (after I had read it all) to be very insulting

I think however that it might be a little misinformed perhaps

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49317 by

Akkarin wrote: I have finished reading this topic and wanted to say a few things

I don't want to say that I feel the need to stick up for Star Forge, I don't think he feels the need for someone to defend him, but I understand what I think he is trying to say

He just appears to be very anti-political-correctness, which is very understandable

He is just asking straightforward questions that some might view as offensive even though there is no offence intended. He clearly isn't homophobic

I do think however that I do not believe there to be much difference between the health of heterosexual or homosexual people

Homosexual people might be subject to greater amounts of mental illness but often that is caused by prejudice and demonization. But in those cases it is the prejudice that should be addressed not the homosexuality

Just for the record I myself am bi, but didn't find what you said (after I had read it all) to be very insulting

I think however that it might be a little misinformed perhaps

Once again my above statement is affirmed, this time by a bisexual person. The thing about any kind of discrimination is that as long as stereotypical libtards try to fight it, they're just gonna fan the flames. I myself have deep sympathy for gays, due to the fact that libtards have decided to make gay rights one of their pet issues, for self-serving reasons of course, rather than to benefit gays.

I mean, I can't tell you how many times I've asked a question like this or something similar, and a multitude of politically correct heterosexuals start bitching incessantly, and then the one actual homosexual comes along and not only answers my question politely, but is as amazed as I am about the libtards getting mad over nothing, always on a witch-hunt.

But then again, these are the people who forget that the average person can't just buy a hybrid on a whim, or spend $700 all at once on groceries at Whole Foods...

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #49324 by Adder

Star Forge wrote: The thing about any kind of discrimination is that as long as stereotypical libtards try to fight it, they're just gonna fan the flames.

Conflict is a 2 way street with no beginning or end, your either on it or your not.

At the moment it sounds like your on it. I am curious though whether you intend to insult people you consider to be liberal, or people with physical/mental retardation; or both?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Adder. Reason: quote fail

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #49331 by
Ya know, I'm starting to think that you (Star Forge) thrive on being controversial. By the looks of things; being that you've mainly posted on two threads. We've been feeding you! But the temple really is not about making such dismissive generalizations. You may see we come from all walks of life and have many different philosophies of life. We've learned to respect difference of opinion in most degrees. I feel you come from a very stubborn mindset. Always having to have the last word on every subject. Not relenting! Good for you! Unfortunately, I fear you're not making very many friends among us as a result. So it makes me want to ask, what do you seek in being here? Do you need a spiritual home? Or do you just want to have a controversial religion? Are you seeking to be a better person? Or are you just fine the way you are? You originally wanted to stop being here because of philosophical differences.. It seems you've been uniting our idiosyncratic views against yours! Great! We're a site full of opinionated people! It seems we have no problem feeding the controversy! It just makes me wonder, what can you possibly gain from it all? Isn't it just exhausting?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49332 by

Planet of Chaos wrote: Ya know, I'm starting to think that you (Star Forge) thrive on being controversial. By the looks of things; being that you've mainly posted on two threads. We've been feeding you! But the temple really is not about making such dismissive generalizations. You may see we come from all walks of life and have many different philosophies of life. We've learned to respect difference of opinion in most degrees. I feel you come from a very stubborn mindset. Always having to have the last word on every subject. Not relenting! Good for you! Unfortunately, I fear you're not making very many friends among us as a result. So it makes me want to ask, what do you seek in being here? Do you need a spiritual home? Or do you just want to have a controversial religion? Are you seeking to be a better person? Or are you just fine the way you are? You originally wanted to stop being here because of philosophical differences.. It seems you've been uniting our idiosyncratic views against yours! Great! We're a site full of opinionated people! It seems we have no problem feeding the controversy! It just makes me wonder, what can you possibly gain from it all? Isn't it just exhausting?

I'm here for the conversation, mainly. I'm a Jedi in exile (if anyone wants to know, PM me), so I don't have any intention of becoming a full-fledged member of any Jedi group. I'm just here for the discussions. I'm not a troll and no one's been feeding me anything. Granted, I did get a little angry about certain one-sided, opinionated people getting butthurt, but conversely, I've enjoyed the civil responses from most of the people here, particularly Mark Anjuu, as well as Akkarin.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49335 by
Even so. You mainly stick to the most controversial topics. If all you wanted was conversation, you could post on other feeds as well. Even the fact that you proclaim yourself "exiled" is pretty dramatic! Really, I just want to believe that you're here for a purpose, even if it's unbeknownst to you, yourself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49336 by

Planet of Chaos wrote: Even so. You mainly stick to the most controversial topics. If all you wanted was conversation, you could post on other feeds as well. Even the fact that you proclaim yourself "exiled" is pretty dramatic! Really, I just want to believe that you're here for a purpose, even if it's unbeknownst to you, yourself.

You're assuming stuff, as to what I mean by the title...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi