• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 3 months ago #49203 by RyuJin
conservatives scare me...they're too caught up in the past trying to preserve the way things were, many liberals scare me...to busy trying to force people to see things their way, both sides have valid points on occasion and both sides need to learn from each other on other points.

i'm glad this remained as a discussion and did not turn into personal attacks since it's through discussion that knowledge,understanding, and wisdom are gained. only by knowing and understanding each other can we wisely guide ourselves and others towards a better future. whether gay,bi, or hetero we're all entitled to love and be loved by whom we choose.

i hate to admit it but there once was a time when i had no interest in understanding homosexuals, i was raised in a "homophobic" environment. only after having worked with a gay man (and having been to a certain area in san diego) did i come to learn and understand what homosexuals have gone through and continue to go through.

as a hetero i can tell everyone that, no the gays are not out to get you, they're not out to make everyone gay...they just want the same thing everyone else wants....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49204 by
The last link was interesting as it states:

"The paper thus concluded that HIV infection is not a cause of mental health problems--but that stigmatization from society was likely the cause". I would suggest that comments such as yours ("homosexuality is unhealthy") fall into that category.

"since only a minority of a nonclinical sample of homosexuals has any diagnosable mental problems (at least by present diagnostic criteria), then most homosexuals are not mentally ill."

Just two examples of how research and statistics can prove any point: the second suggests that you are wrong when assert that "homosexual behaviour is mentally unhealthy" and the first even suggests language such as that which you have used is the major factor for any such mental problems.

I'm sure you can also pull out sentences that justify your viewpoint but that's exactly what I mean - it's all subjective. Besides, the research mentioned in the paper is at least 14 years old and in some cases even older. So probably not the most relevant thing to quote since things have changed since then.

As for the CDC report, it might show an slightly higher (61%) amount of homosexuals with new HIV infection in 2009, it also states that homosexuals account for less than half of those infected with HIV. Seeing as lesbians are statistically a very low group with regard to infection, that means that there are as many, if not more, heterosexuals infected with HIV.

So going by those statistics, heterosexual behaviour is as dangerous and "unhealthy" than homosexual behaviour, thus refuting your statement yet again.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49205 by
Just to clarify, my last post was intended as a reply to Star Forge's last one (containing links).

• RyuJin
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 3 months ago #49206 by RyuJin
:laugh:

i figured that...

like you said those studies are mostly outdated, and anyone can pull partial facts to prove themselves right...look at micheal moore and his movies...he habitually pulls facts out of context and uses them to make himself look right...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49210 by
I do not think that homosexuality is unhealthy. Not more (or less) than hetrosexuality anyway. And i have no idea how it could be mentaly unhealthy.
I have always been a big fan of history and i can tell you that homosexuallity has (seemingly from my point of view) been around for as long as recorded history and probobly way further back.
I think it is almost as natural as hetrosexuality. And i say alomst only because of statistics.
If someone is attracted to another of the same sex then why should it be unhealthy for that someone to let him or herself find happiness in love.

If "God" created humans. Why would he give us the possibillity to develop homosexuallity if we werent meant to?
Maybe it is time to "update" the bible a little. Though i would like to add that i think Jehovas witnesses papers are in many cases very upplifting and supportive, and full of good advice. For both Christians and others as well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49214 by
I hope you all don't think I'm trying to make some huge attack on homosexuality. I stated earlier, I base all of my opinions on objective study and personal experience. I'm not necessarily pro gay or anti gay, but I can at least appreciate the fact that gays don't reproduce, and I hope they set an example for the heterosexual community in that regard.

Also, notice how the actual gay man was polite about this, and never once called me a Nazi or anything similar. Notice how the typical liberal apologist went into a rage and left earlier. Just a lesson, liberals. You don't have to defend gays and explain them to people. They're perfectly capable of doing that themselves. You all just f*** things up. Trololololo. Such is the case before. I've been in this exact argument where some whiny leftard, usually a female, will be in a rage using no logic, and then an actual card-carrying homosexual will come along and be like, "I'm gay, and I don't see what's so offensive..."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49219 by
As a warning, you are being quite offensive and misogynistic with the language used in your last paragraph. One of the rules of thumb we have here is that we "debate ideas, not people". In other words, feel free to discuss the merits (or lack of) of ideas, concepts and discussion points but please do not direct your vehemence towards people. I know some of the earlier posts on this topic came close to this but please let this serve as a warning to all.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 3 months ago #49222 by ren
I agree with SF's point regarding "liberals" getting offended over all sorts of stuff. They're usually not as retarded as the right-wingers but can be just as annoying.

As to the homosexuality debate.... I dont really understand why people are homosexual, and I don't really understand people's fascination with what Tom Dick and Harry have been doing with their junk...

Regarding health, anal sex is an issue when it comes to HIV, but gays aren't the only ones having it. 'Been at it for years I have yet to catch any STD/STIs...

There is however a fashion surrounding HIV in gay circles, which gets more "publicity" than it should really, but I must say it, that pos/neg shit is really sickening.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
12 years 3 months ago #49223 by Ben

Star Forge wrote: Also, notice how the actual gay man was polite about this, and never once called me a Nazi or anything similar. Notice how the typical liberal apologist went into a rage and left earlier. Just a lesson, liberals. You don't have to defend gays and explain them to people. They're perfectly capable of doing that themselves. You all just f*** things up. Trololololo. Such is the case before. I've been in this exact argument where some whiny leftard, usually a female, will be in a rage using no logic, and then an actual card-carrying homosexual will come along and be like, "I'm gay, and I don't see what's so offensive..."

I am not re-entering the actual discussion about homosexuality here, simply defending myself against what I read as an unfair and offensive personal attack. I was quite careful to base what I said on what I considered to be logic, I don't believe I was particularly rude and, for that matter, how would you know that I wasn't gay? I'm not saying that I am (or that I'm not), but that's not for you to make assumptions about. Seeing as I am no longer commenting on the subject I would appreciate it if you tried to refrain from insulting me for no apparent reason whatsoever, and constantly branding me a 'liberal' which is something that I don't consider myself to be, and which shouldn't be used as an insult even if I was.

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49224 by

ren wrote: I agree with SF's point regarding "liberals" getting offended over all sorts of stuff. They're usually not as retarded as the right-wingers but can be just as annoying.

As to the homosexuality debate.... I dont really understand why people are homosexual, and I don't really understand people's fascination with what Tom Dick and Harry have been doing with their junk...

Regarding health, anal sex is an issue when it comes to HIV, but gays aren't the only ones having it. 'Been at it for years I have yet to catch any STD/STIs...

There is however a fashion surrounding HIV in gay circles, which gets more "publicity" than it should really, but I must say it, that pos/neg shit is really sickening.

I agree completely. I myself am a moderate with slight conservative tendencies (in regards to fiscal matters), and I see the clear, profound retardation in both sides.

Ren, right on, that is the kind of stuff I've been trying to say. I mean, like I said earlier, I'm 100% for the rights of people to do whatever they want, and really don't care what they do with their private parts, but there's just a lot of parts of it that I find alien, like the HIV/AIDS obsession you mentioned. Don't see how that makes me a bigot. Anyway, bottom line, just because I question the healthiness of homosexuality doesn't mean I hate gays or have a problem with them. I mean, I think ramming a broomstick up your ass is a bad idea, but I'm all for the individual's right to do it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi