pessimistic/optimistic/realist?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #47920 by Adder
I think the enquiry draws attention to the glass, but since the question is about the water it draws ones intepretation of their relationship - which can at times betray ones thoughts and/or feelings.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Adder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #47926 by
Br John, "If the half full half empty state bothers you pour the water into a smaller glass", is such a DAD thing to say. Just sitting here laughing and remembering some of the things I've told my children.

Thanks for the straight to the point, no nonsense, back of the head slap response. :laugh:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 3 months ago #47931 by RyuJin
half empty or half full?...it's a matter of perspective and action...are you pouring water into the glass? if so then half full, if you're drinking from the glass then half empty...if it's just a random glass sitting there then it's simply a half a glass of water...neither half empty nor half full...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48295 by
However much is in the glass is irrelevant.
Perhaps the size of the glass contrasts on exactly how much is in it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #48504 by
Replied by on topic null
null
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by . Reason: delete

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #48505 by
I find this such an interesting question. I read about Opportunists once, "While the pessimist and optimist are sitting around arguing about the glass, I've already drank the contents and am enjoying life."
I realize true Opportunism is a very selfish thing, but thought it was funny, regardless.

I would describe myself as a realist, I suppose. I try to always look for the positive but often know in my heart it is not the case; or even reversing that, at times.
I agree that both Optimism and Pessimism are a matter of perspective; was the glass just poured or has it been emptied to the half way mark? As a realist, I would see a glass half full, empty it into the sink, and put it in the dishwasher. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49141 by
I am an optimist to a fault. I believe that somehow everything will work itself out to have a positive outcome as long as I maintain a calm state of mind. Of course this is naive, but it is how I operate. Because of my blind optimism, or maybe in spite of it, I am a very happy person. That said, I am also very gullible.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi