So tell me, what does this number mean to you?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340552 by
Ren, I recognize that your reply was satirical. However, that was not immediately clear. I do not resume to have the right to tell you what to do, but I do caution you against posting things like this that can be misread as your actual opinion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 8 months ago #340562 by ren
The forum is for discussing ideas, not opinions.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
4 years 8 months ago #340565 by steamboat28
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340566 by
Ren, we're clearly on the same side of this issue, so I don't know why you want to argue with me. It seems like you just want to disagree with whatever other people say for its own sake, which doesn't produce any useful or meaningful conversation. It's certainly not something I'm interested in participating in.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 8 months ago #340603 by ren
I'm not arguing.

Except with steamboat. Opinions are to ideas what a rash is to nettle.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
4 years 8 months ago #340605 by Adder
That is what makes security so difficult.... amy number is a bad number, but the option of ignoring it tends to lead to a worse number down the road. Another important factor is the reasons of death, which might include a who.

But the scale of the problem only gets bigger the wider it reaches, so foreign affairs is particularly difficult to swallow the sacrifice but also complex with a big temporal footprint. Military is even worse because of the required secrecy in operation strategies and tactics. So People are left to argue the decision making, with whatever narrative seems likely, usually with the benefit of hindsight but rarely with the capacity to consider the range of information shaping the decision.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi