More then ever, this world needs a Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42663 by
Link: This is exactly why we need Jedi in this world. A new type of crusader who protects the innocence and does not abuse their power. From the tragic beating and death at the hands of the Police Dept. in Fullerton CA to this. Something has to change with our Para-Military style police training. This is not a war, we are not the enemy. If we truly live in a country that prides itself on our freedoms of expression thought and speech then this cannot stand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 7 months ago #42669 by Jestor
I must apologize, for I did not watch this video link...

MY PC is old, and locks up when I try to watch videos, heck, it just paused, then caught up in the middle of the word videos...

But, I am going to comment on the overall feeling about brutality in the "Peacekeepers"...

I am of the opinion that it becomes less every day, people are watching... In the 50's and 60's, it was worsse than now I think, and before that it was worse than then...

The difference is coverage, we have much better coverage than then... People are watching and reporting on incedents of this...

If they reported the positive stories, I am willing to bet that they would vastly outnumber the negative...

Not that these things should just be dismissed with a, "Oh, it's ok, the good is outweighing the bad, it'll be fine" wave of the hand either...

But, in the interest of balance, we should acknowledge good news as well... For it is out there, just not as sensational...

Jarrod Slocum
Feris Jones
Marcus O’Shields

I just like balance... ;)

I think the news should do the same... lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
12 years 7 months ago #42670 by Adder
It would be interesting to see the difference if a network news organisation ran 2 seperate channels of the same type but with one running only good news stories and the other only running bad news stories!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42671 by Jestor
Or, one good story, one bad story, one good, one bad...:laugh:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42678 by
Ha! If there were a channel that only showed good news it would get the lowest ratings in the world. Americans love drama and good news is not that. Now this particular case will probably be viewed by millions where as anything good might get a few thousand, if that. We are a sick nation with a lot of sick people. If you want proof, type funny videos into youtube and I will bet that majority of those you see will be of someone getting hurt.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
12 years 7 months ago #42681 by Jestor
As an optimist, I hope it is simply a case of "ooo, that sucks!!"...

People think that they have it rough, so, they watch, or listen to some poor schmuck getting hit in the nuts, bashed in the head, or some similar comedy/tragedy.....

Misery loves company they say....

I personally go out of my way to avoid America's Funniest Videos...
Its one if my son's. Favorite shows....

But he is young, hopefully he will grow out of it....;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42687 by
I agree, the news is unevenly portrayed. I also don't get my news from main stream media such as Fox, NBC, ect. do to me not trusting them. Commondreams.org tends to have more depressing news, because lets face it government is a corrupt institution in many cases, and that is what commondreams covers. As enjoyable as it is to see a baby panda at the zoo, or watch a dog that has a bark that sounds similar to the word mom, this just isn't news. It's more of a distraction. Yes it is sad that people are suffering, but the more aware the general public becomes of such scenarios, the easier it is to make plans to fix them. I totally agree that you can't just drown yourself in bad news though. I spent nearly a year and a half reading the news on that site daily, and let me tell you It got to me.

I merely wished to use this video as an example of what not to be. Also as a reminder of what power does to people who don't have the wisdom and heart to control it justly. If you get a chance to watch the video Jester, what really bugged me was this officers casual attitude after the act of dousing these innocent women with a can of mace. I mean this guys nonchalant attitude of abuse is grotesque. IMHO I believe news should be only focused on the important. Silliness and lighthearted subject matter is a necessity for keeping a positive mind, but that's what youtube is for. Of course who gets to decide what news is important lol.:silly: "Ohh life you crazy circus you" Also when police commit acts like this, they need to be held more responsible. God knows If I just walked up and maced a cop for protesting something he didn't agree with there would be hell to pay. Anyway that's my rant and I am sticking to it:lol:

ps oh and sorry about your son Jestor, that is terrible I hope he gets better soon:laugh:
(hey atleast its not Bob Saggot anymore haha)
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42697 by
As I watched that video I could literally feel my disgust rising. What's more I had even watched it before then!

It would take one hell of an argument for a Jedi to ever commit something such as what is shown (the bad stuff of course). The calm cop who thank's people is the police archetype.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42726 by
we all make people dire in the street.
we all watch the News.
we all share an direct educated connections.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42745 by ren
OK. I have to say it. I love the way that guy reported the "news".

More footage: http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/09/29-0

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by ren.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi