Monogamy - Should Jedi Follow Society's Rules?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 7 months ago #42433 by ren
whoops. got confused there. I meant polygyny of course. You assume it here "how are pensions going to be financed when one man has payed taxes yet two or more women have to be also financed?".

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
12 years 7 months ago #42434 by Jon
Yes the way I expressed this is a bit unfortunate. Let me assure you that I am not as traditional as that. I just decided to use one example (due to high unemployment the most problematic one) instead of listing all the different possible variations there can be, it is more of an omission than an assumption.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 7 months ago #42440 by ren

each woman gets only one half or one third of what a monogamous partner would

could be: each polygamous partner would only get half or a third of what a monogamous partner would.

No need to list all the possible variations lol. but it's ok, I wasn't implying you're a fossil, only that the society which shapes your thoughts, as open as it might claim to be, is fully versed in gender stereotypes. They call me Mrs when I buy a washing machine. And assume that when my kid doesn't have his nursery bag, it has something to do with his mother. They've never even seen her. I take him there and back. Always. Unbelievable.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42474 by
I don't have an opinion on ejaculation, but celibacy should be an expectation of a master. and that can be complex in definition.
My calling is to shed all, if it means a closer contact with The Force, I have and will be celibate.

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 7 months ago #42475 by ren
Celibacy seems to work fine for catholic priests.

More
12 years 7 months ago #42476 by Adder
Catholic bashing? Pedophilia happens in lots of religions and non-religious institutions. In fact the only common denominator seems to be gender, that the non-consensual perputrator is male. Celibacy also doesnt seem to be a common theme in sex criminals either.

Celibacy as in living alone and being unmarried might allow for a greater self awareness and subsequant capacity to connect to the Force, but I've been in a fulltime relationship now for just over 15 years so cannot comment on its effectiveness?! Relationships have some advantages and I find plenty of time on my own anyway. Sexual celibacy is an unusual topic, and I guess means avoidance of ejaculation and/or intercourse. It would seem to make more sense to be the former but both do influence the energy of the person obviously emotionally and physically but I guess it would also influence the metaphysical energy too.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 7 months ago #42477 by ren
Don't know what you're talking about.

As to asking a man not to ejaculate would be like asking a woman not to have periods. Not possible without pills/ removal of organs.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #42478 by Adder

ren wrote: As to asking a man not to ejaculate would be like asking a woman not to have periods. Not possible without pills/ removal of organs.

Yea I would have thought it would happen in your sleep even if you avoided it whilst awake. Maybe thats the point though, to force it to occur whilst asleep might facilitate the subconcious involvement with orgasm. The subconcious 'dreaming' mind is very powerful on its own but then again the physical body seems mostly disconnected during deep sleep so it might not work that way.

In regards to monogamy and living a solitary life, its funny how even in most relationships the people spend more time awake and interacting with coworkers then life partners!! So perhaps its about assuming an ultimate shared level of trust with someone, and so polygamy means your extending that to more then one person. In Star Wars it makes sense the Jedi couldn't really trust anyone.... except other Jedi perhaps!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42489 by
I can understand the celibacy and lack of relationships idealism, as I think it is more of a way to limit attachment.

Attachment, as has been showcased many times over, sometimes has negative affects. Fear of losing the person if someone has not accepted that all people go to the Force. Fear of causing another person pain or suffering or sadness. Anger at how another has treated someone you are attached to. Devotion to another person can cause a shift in focus. While all this falls under the ability of control, there are things that cause even the best to fail at limiting their responses. Children are something that must be protected at all times, and at times worry may trouble even a peaceful soul due to progeny.

Although, honestly, fear of attachment is also a problem.

At the same time, I see relationships as important. If one cannot interact with others, how can one hope to help them?

I guess it is a double edged sword.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #42742 by
If you stand tall on the back row of a chess board, attachment is dangerous , selfish, futile, and condemning. allow those who live ignorant to the struggles of Jedi to reproduce if they are responsible. , creating life draws much from the force, and the idea is to reproduce in the positive... Make yearlings that can use their life to help light grow. the Universe is tremendous, infinite! The force is not infinite, even though it's the most powerful energy in the universe the battle between light and dark is just that. The for

We are tending a fire for the eternal universe some of us seek power by dampening light some by making it grow through the force and Phi, and the residuals. ~ Master Jedi Firestarter

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135