saber hilts

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 10 months ago #4046 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re:saber hilts
My Husband before his disabilities took over bought many tools and machines from Harbor Frieghts that are good and inexpensive. Unfortunately, we got rid of most of the big machines before I strted working one mine and my gransons Hilts. But hand tools work too!!!

Theres a web site that I got some \"how to do\" designs and stuff. Modified a few parts here and there but came out ok....

Lightsabers from the Big Yellow Box

http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/

You can get ideas or basics from these saber hilts but the costs for parts is a little higher than when they were forst posted.....

Here's the two I made:

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
16 years 10 months ago #4047 by Neaj Pa Bol
My Husband before his disabilities took over bought many tools and machines from Harbor Frieghts that are good and inexpensive. Unfortunately, we got rid of most of the big machines before I strted working one mine and my gransons Hilts. But hand tools work too!!!

Theres a web site that I got some \"how to do\" designs and stuff. Modified a few parts here and there but came out ok....

Lightsabers from the Big Yellow Box

http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/

You can get ideas or basics from these saber hilts but the costs for parts is a little higher than when they were forst posted.....

Here's the two I made:

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
16 years 10 months ago #4048 by Neaj Pa Bol
Well this post wants to mess with me and do strange stuff, so in that course here's the other hilt that is my grandsons.....

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #4049 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:saber hilts
That is really quite amazing work Neaj Pa Bol. You certainly are gifted.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4050 by
Replied by on topic Re:saber hilts
I have pretty much finished the first/practice attempt hilt. It was made from a 7\" left over piece of aluminum. I'm calling it a \"Off-hand Saber\" or \"Perring Saber\". It fit's in one hand nicely for an adult or it could be a \"youngling\" saber. I'll post pictures around Monday, going camping all weekend.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4054 by
Br. Justice, thanks for the information on the lathes. Sorry the thanks is so late coming, I forgot about this thread entirely. I don't see me getting any lathe anytime soon, but look forward to seeing your creations. I have some designs I'd love to get made but would prefer to make myself eventually. I guess if I can't figure out a way to make them myself, I'll eventually try to find someone to make it for me, by my design of course. I'm not sure if I'd want to copywright (if even possible) the design, just because of copycats, but then again, it would kind of be a compliment as well. However vanity is useless. Regardless, can't wait to see your work.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4170 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4174 by
i have been tinkering with adding the circuitry from a stun gun/taser to a saber hilt, lol imagine the look on the faces of the guys when u zap ur dueling partner and he falls to the ground twitching (with his knowledge and permission hopefully)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #4181 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:saber hilts
This looks really good. Excuse my question, but does the hilt do anything? Like does a light come out of it? I`ve see adds where there is a sorts of light which comes out.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #4183 by
Those saber hilts to look very outstanding, good job Brother.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi