saber hilts

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #2034 by
saber hilts was created by
lately i have been creating saber hilts... all designs are of my own creation. there are no electronics involved, just a hilt and a PVC blade... they are just meant for practice. i feel that to be a warrior for peace a Jedi should know how to defend...it is an art form

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 4 days ago #2041 by
Replied by on topic Re:saber hilts
if anyone is interested, i can make make one for you... send me a rough sketch of something that you would like in black on either chrome or brass... tribal designs preferred

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 3 days ago #2089 by
Do you have photos of some of your completed projects that you can share?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 1 day ago #2150 by
Brother trebor i have also made sabre hilts but these where made from aliminium with a iron rod of m8 for the blade theses are very lightweight which i use for practise

MTFBWY

Anakin

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 years 19 hours ago #2206 by
Jeff wrote:

Do you have photos of some of your completed projects that you can share?

unfortunately, i do not have internet at my house, so i have to use the public library to get online... and their rules do not allow me to load anything... i will try to find a way to get them on my myspace asap

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2297 by
so far my experience only includes cutting pvc and chrome pipes, then putting them together.... the grip is black rubber sprayed on the pvc

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2387 by
My wife has given me permission to buy a metalworking lathe so I can start making saber hilts, as long as it's a hobby. I've already started designing a couple I will attempt first. I won't get my lathe until next month though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2399 by
Jeff, how much is a metal lathe? I've been thinking of getting one, or even a wood lathe, but expected them to be extremely expensive. I have actually thought of making my Saber hilt(s) out of wood, it seems kind of more natural. Anyways, let me know if you can, thanks.

DK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2411 by
Metal lathes, at least the one I'm looking at for hobby purposes runs about $1300 at Southern-Tool.com. Wood lathes are MUCH cheaper.

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/jet_bd920_belt_drive_metal_working_lathe.html

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/jet_mini_lathe.html
or
http://www.southern-tool.com/store/woodworking_jet_lathe.html

Southern-Tool also sells any accessory you might need for the lathe of your choice. I thought about a wood lathe, but figured metal would be the route to go as it will stand the test of time better.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #3969 by
Well, I finally got my lathe yesterday. I found it at Harbor Freight for $699 instead of spending $1300 for the one at Southern Tool. I've spent some time this morning learning how to really mess up a good piece of aluminum. I will start attempting to make my first hilt in the next couple days or so.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi