• Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #30161 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:What the Sith are
not a problem... :)

i've been rummaging through the forums just digging stuff up.

i've done things that would fall into the sith concept ie: using emotions for strength, i prefer not to though as i tend to easily get lost/buried in them and i lose myself, along with all rational thought (especially with negative emotions) when that happens i have no friends, no family, no allies, just my emotions. this lack of control is why i prefer to avoid letting my emotions out.....power but at what cost, for me the cost is too high, the power too uncontrollable all i can do is be pointed in a direction to unleash. :unsure: not my best attribute.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31559 by
Replied by on topic Re:What the Sith are
Behind all things there must be another. Sith are to often thought of as evil when in all reason they are needed. There must always be two the equal out the other. If not then one will grow to strong and destroy themselfs. There is no evil within the sith just equalization

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 11 months ago #31563 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:What the Sith are
Magus224 wrote:

Behind all things there must be another. Sith are to often thought of as evil when in all reason they are needed. There must always be two the equal out the other. If not then one will grow to strong and destroy themselfs. There is no evil within the sith just equalization

In my experience there are a lot of loud, want to be \"Siths\" who are pluming their feathers to appear bigger than they are; then there are those who do not know what a job even is; then there are those who think they have everything under control when they don`t even have their own lives under control; then there are those who think Sith = emotion; then there are those who think its kind of cool or have romanticised the idea; then there are those who just don`t have any idea what it is about; then there are those who use the term as an excuse to do whatever they want; then there are a few unnoticed, who know they don`t know, who use the moment, know that their biggest challenge is themselves, know they live in a society which only works as a community, accept responsability... .

As far as the equalisation (I think you are refering to the rule of two) you are refering to, that is one aspect of many as presented in science fiction. This far from equalisation but more an encouraging of potential through competition, desire, hunger, teaching, learning... . If you are talking about Sith being an equalising factor to the Jedi, then this too is not necessarily true, we all find true balance in ourselves by knowing and listening to our inner voice.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
13 years 11 months ago #31566 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re:What the Sith are
Jon wrote
\"then there are those who think they have everything under control when they don`t even have their own lives under control\"

This reminds me of a phrase in one of my Apprenticeship lessons...

\"Those who think they know do not know, and those who think they don't know, know\"

All through life and the training I have gone through all tell us that there is less to worry about from those that boast that they are the best or the greatest when those that truly are the best don't have to say a word their actions say it for them. This leads to a more valuable lesson that I heard a while back that I will apply to the order.

\"By your actions alone, if someone accused you of being a Jedi would there be enough evidence to convict you\"

To me this means that saying you are Jedi, Sith, Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Buddhist or what ever else does not make it true it is your actions that set you as such. To say I am Jedi and not live the code tells others that you are not what you say. But to follow the Code and the teachings eventually someone will notice and ask why you are this way. Then we can say \"I am Jedi\"

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #31568 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:What the Sith are
Damion_Storm wrote:

To me this means that saying you are Jedi, Sith, Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Buddhist or what ever else does not make it true it is your actions that set you as such. To say I am Jedi and not live the code tells others that you are not what you say. But to follow the Code and the teachings eventually someone will notice and ask why you are this way. Then we can say \"I am Jedi\"

I like that Br. Damion_Storm. A lot of truth in that.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Jon.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
13 years 11 months ago #31570 by RyuJin
it was a bit odd to see something i said being quoted, i had almost forgotten saying it too...of course i got it from somewhere else in different wording.

a true sith,jedi,etc has no need to prove themselves, their actions speak louder then words ever could...one (sith) could be next to you in line and you'd never know. as master jon said there are many types, and some are simply acting out(putting on a false display) based on fiction...much like many vampires...

and as br.damion said...simply calling yourself this or that does not mean you truly are.

at one time i once thought of the sith as the opposite of jedi(in philosophy and actions)
however through alot of research and time i've come to find that sith/jedi are basically the same thing(at the core) with different names and different focus(moving out from the core)....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

More
13 years 11 months ago #31572 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re:What the Sith are
I have to agree RyuJin about the Jedi and Sith essentially being the same. As my lessons have covered several aspects on that came up was the Grey Jedi. The line between \"Light and Dark\" all three it seams have similar training, similar skills etc. When Darth Maul first appeared they said \"He was well trained in the Force.\" They did not distinguish light and dark. Where I see the differance goes back to intent and method. All want peace, however the way we attempt to bring it about is differant. The \"Light Side\" tries to bring peace using love and compromise. the \"Dark Side\" tries by destroying those that do not agree. Each is a path to peace, but it is the Journey not the destination that makes us who we are. (Lesson learned from \"Way of the Peaceful Warrior\")

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 11 months ago #31573 by
i don't believe it's the Sith way to necessarily have to \"destroy\" others in order to obtain peace, but there are certainly some who feel that way!

Given my Taoist and Pagan nature, I am prepared to do whatever happens to maintain harmony and while I'd prefer that to be something \"light side\", I don't restrict the flow of energy in that way. I do what the Force calls for. So what am I? Grey, possibly? Certainly not totally \"light\" and nor am I Sith and I don't agree with the non-involvement stance of the Shadows.

But does it really matter? I am a Jedi, I uphold and live the teachings and doctrines of this Church and I believe in peace, justice, and the essential goodness of humanity. So call me what you will and I'll call you what you want too. Self-definition is more important than labels put on you by others.

To pick up on Damion's reference, one of the major lessons for me that I took from \"Way of the Peaceful Warrior\" (which incidentally was the book that got me started me on my spiritual journey many many moons ago!) is \"let it out and let it go\". This backed up by the concept in the Reiki precepts of \"just for today...\"

In other words, all emotions and motivations are useful but only for the appropriate time and place. Holding on to anything - anger or love, action or stillness - when it no longer serves a purpose only leads to stagnation. Of course, there's also the added responsibility of how your actions affect others, bringing me back to the favoured Wiccan phrase: \"an it harm none, do what ye will\"!

MTFBWY

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
13 years 11 months ago #31574 by RyuJin
correct, and its all dependent on our individual perspective...

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33486 by
Finally, excuse the sentence i have been a member of the sithist cabal for some time now but have joined here as the community seems somewhat more active, and it is an absloute pleasure to see a realistic approach to the force/source. The number of times i have heard to many confused and silly people state being a sithist is evil, complete claptrap as clearly seen here with this topic.

I as a Sithist believe in looking at the whole of the source both light and dark, i know that emotions can hold a great power and believe exploring and mastering myself is the key to greater understanding for me. Im my life i have been a nursery nurse youth worker and teacher always seeking to help people through learning.

It really is great to obvisouly be among like minded people who believe regardless of the title you use that we are all shared through the journey of the source, iam looking forward to discussing and learning in the future.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135