What the Sith are

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16233 by
What the Sith are was created by
Sith are Jedi in all intent and purposes however they believe that emotion and passion are needed to utilize all of life and the force. Sith cannot exist without the Jedi. It is a ying and yang complex. Black cannot exist without the light and vice versa. This is a major misconception to new members. Sith are Jedi. There is no power conflict. Sith are peacemakers and peace is our main goal. Peace is something that every Sith must have true passion for and what he must strive to achieve.

This is what we as Sith believe. Emphasis on \"there is no power conflict\" many seem to think that the Sith have our own agenda for this site, that is wrong. We have our own site and we dont do anything to interfere here. We are always here to help, just like Jedi, after all, we were all Jedi at one point in time :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16236 by
Replied by on topic Re:What the Sith are
Well said, Master!

\"...The Sith, or 5th Rite, highly different from the Sith in the Star Wars series created by George Lucas, stand on the beliefs that through emotion and knowledge, you will obtain power. This power, is to be used in order to establish and further the arm of justice and the Greater Good(An example of how the books and movies are different from the real life belief). The Sith and Jedi differ in the fact that the Sith prefer to use emotions in day to day life in order to enhance daily output. Jedi, on the other hand, choose to suppress emotion, thinking that emotions ‘get in the way’ of productivity...\"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16240 by
As you know yourself Master Sarus I have always thought and said '5th or Sith' hell, call yourself cabbages if you like, you too are all brothers and sisters of the force and thus in my mind all Jedi.

None of the other rites have this misconception surrounding them, however, I do feel the root cause of the misunderstanding of the 5th once again is largely related to the fictional Sith/Jedi of the StarWars franchises.

All Jedi have the same real world battle with credibility as a real religion and faith in the wider world, I feel of all the rites, the 5th and even the Pure land rites are probably more so in the firing lines than the others. Yet somehow the 5th seem to be more misunderstood than all the others combined.

My personal view is that a few people seek to be 5th for the wrong reasons, almost like the old role playing issue, they feel or think that its somehow 'cool' to be tabled 5th or Sith, almost simply attracted to the bad boy/girl image on its own like moths to a lamp. We all know that is not the nature of the 5th or their intentions (in 99% of cases anyway)

Like any religion, there are always going to be 'extremists' and it is a load we too must bear within our own faith.

I would like to thank Master Sarus for this post, and would like to see it made a sticky so it doesn't end up lost in the dark corners of the internet. This point of who/what 5th/Sith are is important for all to understand and more so for newcomers to out faith.

This is also another reason why I personally feel that it is important when training apprentices, that wherever possible, they are trained in as neutral manner as possible, so that upon Knighthood, the pupil may then be better informed as to which Rite they wish to follow. Perhaps this is something to be considered by all teaching Knights and Masters, even part of a curriculum in an academy?

Anyway... MTFBWY - A / MTFSYW

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16244 by
I have not been here long but I have seen from the begining that we are all here for the greater good. I did not know much about the 5th but I understood how they fit in the big picture. Thank for this post and hope the future is great for all of us.

Srups - Todd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16251 by
Well said master. :)

I think this is one misconception that needs to be cleared up.

We are all Jedi first.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16256 by
Thank you for the clarification Master Sarus. And I also consider Sith to be Jedi, and welcome them as my brother/sister.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16261 by
Wow, this is wrong in so many ways. Amazing that it came from the current \"stand in\" leader of TOTS.

What you are describing is a shadow or dark jedi, not a Sith.

Although yes we do not have a power struggle with the Jedi at this temple, as has been laid out in the fictional world, we do not view things the way that has been laid out in the rest of this thread.

Sith believe that the inherent worth of every person depends on how much that person is worth to the individual Sith. Whether that person can be used to further your personal goals, or would inherently get in the way.

The Sith do not believe in the greater good, at most, the greater good of the Sith as a whole.

Peace is certainly not our goal, in any way shape or form. Only through conflict can we grow, can we become better. Peace only entices stagnation.

Sith certainly are not the \"extremeists\" of the Jedi. We are not going to be strapping on suicide bomber vests and running into the nearest church to kill all non-believers. We are calculated planners and strategists. Patient opportunists, but not extremists. That is simply offensive.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16263 by
I am sorry you feel that way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16302 by
I advise this issue is discused in TOTS before any more posts are made. IF this confuses people and members then obviously the people who are making the previous posts are either confused themselves or don't agree on what is the true definition.

Make and decide on a definition before any more posts are made please.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16305 by
Akkarin, do not become confused, not everyone agrees on what the exact definition is, just like not all Jedi agree on exactly what is correct, everyone has there own interpretation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi