What the Sith are

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #16307 by
Replied by on topic Re:What the Sith are
Do not worry Lord Sarus, I am not confused on the issue. My only concern is that the two apparent completely different definitions are removed and a proper definition, or at least a close definition, are decided and chosen to be re-posted so that all members will know what it is at a glance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16315 by
Nothing should be removed, conflict is how we grow, period. If you think about it, this is a perfect example, either he is wrong, I'm wrong or we're both wrong in which this is the best way to learn that. Or we're both correct, in that he is the Sith he described and I the one I described. Though you are correct, this does need further discussion, and preferably on the TOTS. Still there is no need for any deletion, it only causes misinterpretations and bad feelings.

DK

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16316 by
Exactly my feelings Lord Dhagon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16322 by
I also agree with Lord Sarus and Lord Dhagon that not everyone is going to have the same point of view. The forum such as this is used to raise questions and gather information from many points. For if we learn just only one point then what have we really learned?

However do agree that maybe this should be on TOTS, but also agree that it belongs here as well.

More
15 years 10 months ago #16325 by Zanthan Storm
Replied by Zanthan Storm on topic Re:What the Sith are
I agree wholeheartedly. I would only add, that Jedi and Sith are both an important part of The Force as a whole. I am proud to know, learn from and be friends of many Sith.

My only regret is many see only the movie definition or somehow evil. They are no such thing. As Master Dhagon and Lard Sarus pointed out it is up to the person how they believe.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 10 months ago #16328 by
wow this became such a great topic. this is the kind of talking I like.

Srups - Todd

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #16333 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:What the Sith are
Indeed there can be no synthesis without the dynamism of a thesis and an antithesis. No growth without a problem and a solution; no balance without a conflict and resolution. How could we therefore develop if ideas, views or beliefs didn`t hit head on head? We`re not here to protect and preserve an image but to get things done and make others think. So there is no shame to confront ideas even here. As far as the definition of a Sith is concerned, I would be worried if there was one. We, just as the Jedi, are not \"4x4x4 inches with a 64 inch volume\". We define ourselves by what we do, think, say and write, and that is progressive.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 10 months ago #24697 by
Sarus wrote:

Sith are Jedi in all intent and purposes however they believe that emotion and passion are needed to utilize all of life and the force. Sith cannot exist without the Jedi. It is a ying and yang complex. Black cannot exist without the light and vice versa. This is a major misconception to new members. Sith are Jedi. There is no power conflict. Sith are peacemakers and peace is our main goal. Peace is something that every Sith must have true passion for and what he must strive to achieve.

This is what we as Sith believe. Emphasis on \"there is no power conflict\" many seem to think that the Sith have our own agenda for this site, that is wrong. We have our own site and we dont do anything to interfere here. We are always here to help, just like Jedi, after all, we were all Jedi at one point in time :)

Very wise and true words. I find it interesting that in the Star Wars films, each extreme desires to wipe out the other, instead of seeking balance. Though, I do understand why - it is hard to keep a balance when you have someone like Palpatine in power. One thing I have noticed is that there are cycles of Sith Rule and \"Jedi rule\" (I know the Jedi didn't really rule, I mean more of where the Jedi were more prominent than the Sith and were involved in aiding the Democracy of the galaxy.) It seems to me like the cycles are kind of a different form of balance.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #30153 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:What the Sith are
i dug up this thread, to educate since there have been questions lately pertaining to sithism. please read the whole thing through, in the end you will begin to understand.

there is no clean cut definition there is simply personal interpretation.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 2 weeks ago #30156 by
Thank you for digging this up if there are questions, and might I add, that there is a reason DK is a visitor now, he did many things he shouldn't have, but that's a long story that won't be told. If anyone has any questions regarding the real Sith please let me know personally. I do not teach that anymore, but I used to, so I can at least answer questions.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi