American Trash

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347607 by
Replied by on topic American Trash
It's obvious corsicant was run by nuclear power.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #347613 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic American Trash
I’ve noticed that at least here in America there is a noticeable missing piece of management in a lot of places. The ability for one city to go solar and another to go turbine is almost just a management thing to me. Any one can collect and sell anything to any one looking for it. I know a guy in Texas who buys wire. Just wire, and he makes a killing. Good management can be had if you wanna try. Some city’s it cost to recycle. Mine makes money. Some don’t do anything. I burn all my paper at the house. I recycle most of the things non burnable. Any one could organize petitions and get bids and make proposals and phone calls. Just all depends on your focus and where it’s aimed. I know a church that started a recycling program and began to take on missionary’s by the month from the money they all made from the 3 times they did it a year. It eventually it became a huge effort and they stopped at 100 missionary’s. They share the idea with other churches. I guess it’s all in what you see on the floor trash or a opportunity and means to answer a prayer hu? I know of a guy who went to the library and leaned how to make a wind turbine so who ever wanted to read in his town could. One of the hardest things I’ve had to deal with in my own Jediism is the big million dollar question- ok, your smart - What ya gunna do with what you see? It’s a every day thing for me but I hope this helps a bit.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #347617 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic American Trash
Is burning a good way to dispose of things though? Someone nearby used to burn off stuff every winter, the smell of smoke I don't mind as I have no respiratory probs, but the ash covering my stuff the next morning is annoying as frak. What about climate change hehe.
The problem with shooting nuke waste into the Sun is its transit from surface to intercept trajectory.... it would be messy if it failed during launch, ascent or orbital manouvering and fell back down into some random city or turned into an air burst dirty bomb!
Compost, retask or recycle I guess, ideally.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 3 months ago #347628 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic American Trash
Ash, in our home goes into the ground where we add a few other things we make here like chicken poop - fruit - things like that and we eat what we grow. Some days I affirm we can’t find enough dirt to grow what all we want. We got a great balance of daddy’s “slop” of goopy goodness for the fruit trees, a bit stinky but great for keeping squirrels from digging in it - they hate the smell of chicken poop and dirt - weird but works. The slop dries in a flakey crispy top and it stays like that till ya step no it or something breaks it. It’s brittle but keeps the squirrels from hiding my neighbors peanuts he sets out for em. Lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347682 by
Replied by on topic American Trash
I used to work at a recycling sorting place in the US. A lot of what we took in ended up in a landfill, or just moved from location to location until they could figure out what to do with it. The thing with recycling is that, at least in the US, is a business. When it becomes unprofitable, no one wants to do it. It's expensive to actually sort through recycled material and clean it correctly, so often a lot of sorted material ends up being thrown in a landfill because the countries and companies that bought the material found it unsuitable for use. And of course, they aren't gonna spend money to clean it.

There isn't many sustainable ways to deal with trash other than just not creating trash. Bioenergy/biomass, which is when trash is burned to create electricity, is a great way to get rid of trash, but causes a lot of pollution as one might suspect. However, carbon capture technology may be a way to help soften the environmental harms of burning trash. But I suppose since we already release greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere via burning coal and oil, replacing that with burning trash would at least help with the garbage issue until more sustainable technology can help reduce greenhouse gasses.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi