What is the Force

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #334275 by Shepherd
Replied by Shepherd on topic What is the Force
What is the Force not?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Shepherd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo, Kobos
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #334296 by
Replied by on topic What is the Force
The force is not something I have faith in. Faith is not a path to truth. The force is not something I worship. Worship implies blind dogmatic obedience. The force is not connection. I am a separate sentient individual connected to the universe only through the fact that I am made of the same star dust. In fact the force is not a "thing" at all. It has no will or sentience and it does not possess lightness or darkness any other such attributes. The force is experience. Every "thing" that exists has experience whether that thing is aware of that experience or not. All things are connected in this simple idea. However that experience for any thing that exists is unique. Because of this we all perceive the force in a singularly unique way. To say the force is the human condition is a failure of the human ego in arrogance. Because the force is the universal condition.
More
5 years 2 months ago #334298 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic What is the Force
My question is: Do we want to contemplate this or do we want to dictate this?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #334299 by

Shepherd wrote: What is the Force not?

an interesting question.

How is the Force described to us? "An energy field that surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together".

Now, does that mean it is all things? Is a glass of water all water? Or is it a glass that happens to have water in it? Are things just things, connected by the Force, or are they that Force to begin with?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #334301 by

Proteus wrote: My question is: Do we want to contemplate this or do we want to dictate this?

I'm not sure what you mean? Has someone dictated something instead of contemplated it? You have posted in here twice now and neither time have you addressed the OP subject question. Instead you suggested a more narrowly defined set of topics and now this. But even though you made the suggestion to narrow the field, you have failed to actually follow through and do this. So Exactly what are your thoughts?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #334302 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Proteus wrote: My question is: Do we want to contemplate this or do we want to dictate this?

I'm not sure what you mean? Has someone dictated something instead of contemplated it? You have posted in here twice now and neither time have you addressed the OP subject question. Instead you suggested a more narrowly defined set of topics and now this. But even though you made the suggestion to narrow the field, you have failed to actually follow through and do this. So Exactly what are your thoughts?

I do believe he means that, so far, this has been a 'what it is to you' rather than a discussion as to what it could be.

Essentially, people doing statements, rather than asking questions (though there have been a few questions, which I hope bring forth greater discussion. :)
More
5 years 2 months ago #334303 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic What is the Force
I guess I don't really know what the force is. I'm just enjoying reading people's thoughts (whether they are statements or questions), and at least hoping to contribute with some ideas on how we could approach this subject. It's pretty heavy yet intangible a topic. At least at some point here I hope to have arrived at a concrete enough thought (question or statement) of my own.

If I'm intruding by sharing ideas on approach, I apologize. I try to be a bit careful and mindful lately about how I talk about it.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #334306 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic What is the Force

Kobos wrote: Yep, what is it? Lay it on me baby!!!!!!!!

One of the most interesting things about my modern day Jeddism is that we as a Jeddist can (CAN- not all of us do and truthfully we don’t have to) identify for ourselfs what we define as the Force. Funny thing - being human we can define our faith - paths - ideas- deity’s - pretty much anytime we want and at any depth we like as well. When you ask for such a request - expect there to be as many definitions as there are Jedi.

Edit add:
To me and my practice : the Force is that small voice that sways my character to act as character, rather than impulse or instinct. It’s the whisper to connect or that reminder to. When I sit by a tree- it’s the constant - from the sun - it’s the life from the rain it’s the flow. It’s the ebb of things. It is neither specific or general. It can be named but it will differ - it must. The Force is personal for and to me. It can be the same for some one else or ... nothing like.
Thanks for the question.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #334307 by
I feel like this question is like asking to write out π (Pi) in totality. We can continue to figure out more and more of it, but it seemingly continues forever. So rather than try to answer what it is in it's totality, I think it's reasonable to settle with describing what we have discovered so far.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #334313 by
But even in the discovering, the experience is subjective and will be different for all. To take Proteus's lead and try and get past everyone describing what the force means to them maybe we need to explore what is the common thread that we all agree upon that connects us. The force is different for everyone, but there must be a common concept at the core of that idea that is the same for everyone. I describe it as experience itself. The act of existing so to speak. So is there some common concept we can all agree upon in that regard?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by .
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi