What do you do with lightsabers?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326502 by
Replied by on topic What do you do with lightsabers?

Kaulder wrote: I have a side question I didn't know where else to put, but what are the meanings behind the color of lightsabers?

Only the meaning you apply to it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #326540 by Zero

Arisaig wrote:

Kaulder wrote: I have a side question I didn't know where else to put, but what are the meanings behind the color of lightsabers?

Only the meaning you apply to it.

That’s true ari as long as we all agree purple is the best....lmao

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: thomaswfaulkner,

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #326542 by Adder
If you cover your clear crystal with thermochromic dust (or even better, the whole crystal be thermochromic) then the hilt can serve as a cradle to transfer body heat to the blade colour :D
A good way to train on calmness if someone could make it work!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Adder.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #326560 by
I was wondering if the color represented anything and that is why a Jedi chooses it or they choose it because it's their favorite color. The humming sounds those electronic lightsabers I hear can be good meditation white noise for some people. Anyone try it? :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #326562 by
There are certain ones that I really enjoy because they're so relaxing. Deep, bass ones are definitly my jam. There is one I'm hoping to get on my saber soon based off the Throne Room theme from TLJ, really relaxing and has actually been my meditation track for almost a year now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #326568 by
https://www.facebook.com/ksithsaberfonts/videos/2279447142095426/

^^ Link to the font I'm talking about. ;p Its truly mesmerising.

More
5 years 5 months ago #326581 by thomaswfaulkner
I know I am mildly late to the conversation, but I own two lightsabers, and I thought I’d provide some perspective. The first lightsaber that I received was a gift that I received from my father. It is one of those long Dark Arbiter with a massively “too large for my choice in hilt” blade. I think the significance behind this one was a sign that my father was okay with this choice in lifestyle regardless of his fundamental Christian upbringing. He was a bit more on the liberal side of accepting me as a person after I got out of the military, but I know when I was in that heavy militant atheist stage, he was hurt, but willing to love me for me.

That saber now rests on top of my miniature bookcase that I’ve turned into a small shrine. It sits in front of the statue of Buddha and is accompanied with my mala, singing bowl, and a painting I did of the Dharma Wheel Symbol that Senan designed for me in the signature. This one is more ceremonial now and just sits there as a symbol/reminder of the path and the compassion and acceptance.

The other lightsaber is one of the ones that I made in my Apprenticeship with my Teaching Master. Throughout the length of the relationship, I kept telling him that “I wasn’t creative” and passed on a lot of times to express myself through a creative outlet. I’ve always held the mindset that there are people who are creators and then there are those who are consumers, and when it comes to art, I was most definitely a consumer. When I was doing that lesson, I considered just doing something small, but meaningful, with words or a ceremonial mala, but I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and make the most of the lesson.

I think there are pictures of it still up on my profile if my memory serves me right. All I know is I tried to upload them to the specific journal entry and the images had a cool kaleidoscope effect.

In honesty, I don’t use them as much as others might here, but I will take them out and perform slow, moving meditations with them every now and again. As far as combat goes, I recognize that they won’t deal that much damage so most of my combat training is either done with a staff or English long-swords. I can whip that staff around pretty well (most styles aren’t as flashy as need in the movies), but I’m still really fresh when it comes to learning how to maneuver with a sword.

So I guess for me, mainly, lightsabers serve as tools to help either prime me to the path or serve the purpose to help ground me to the present moment in moving meditation.

*Oh and the Arbiter is Purple and the one I made is green

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #326616 by
In the real world, it's entirely personal, thus has whatever meaning you assign to it.

Within the mythology, it's fairly similar, but can also speak to one's views on The Force, and the role one played within The Jedi Order. by the time of The Clone Wars, there were 3 schools of thought within the Order: Consulars, Gaurdians, and Sentinals. Amongst Consulars, who focused primarily on mastery of The Force and it's "manipulation", green was the most common saber color to be found. Among the Gaurdians, who focused more on Saber-based combat, the big winner was blue, and among those rare number that ascribed to the more balance Sentinals, yellow. It is still largely up to the individual, however, as exemplified by Mace Windu with his purple saber, or Luke who favored green in spite of not really fitting with much of the Jedi teachings, nevermind the schools of thought. I'm not aware of any weight given to the color of one's saber, even within the text of the mythology.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #326629 by
Very well stated Stormcaller. The original meanings, at least from Lucasarts perspective, are as such.

Things changed when Disney took over tho. And, honestly, it was one of the bigger changes they made that I think that actually made Star Wars better.

In the new Disney canon, all crystals start out white, clear. But they are fragile and cannot handle the strain of being the housing for the power that is a lightsaber. So a Jedi meditates on it, and it takes on the colour of their Force energy, becoming a true and honest reflection of themselves for all the world to see.

Green for those that want to study the Force and all its mysteries.

Blue for those that wish to serve the living Force (people, nature, animals) and will protect it.

Yellow... well, not much is known about it, but from what I've seen and read it belongs to those that will give up their own identities completely to serve the Force, becoming vessels for the Force without any personal bias or will.

Purple (being a mix of red and blue) being those that can tap into but not fall victim to the dark side, or, at least, their own emotions. Mace Windu, for example, didn't channel the dark side within himself, but instead turned that inner darkness into joy, his love of combat, to fuel himself to greater heights.

Red, however, used to be synthetic crystals. Now, it is a crystal that has been forced to 'bleed' after being taken from its Jedi and being subjected to intense dark side energy.

And then, finally, white (my own colour), is when a bleeding crystal is made whole again. It returns to its roots, stronger for the struggle (as we all are), and becomes white and whole again.

But, again, those are someone else's interpretations of the meanings. If you want a hot pink saber because its your fave colour, go for it! You want a pale blue one because you wanna colour coordinate your saber with your eyes, go for it! You wanna be a Jedi and have a red one anyways? Hell yeah! :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #326662 by
Mine just arrived. This is a website photo, but it's exactly what mine looks like. I have a green blade.

It is amazing. This weekend I will go out in the yard and begin my spinning training.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi