What do you do with lightsabers?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326711 by
Replied by on topic What do you do with lightsabers?
I personally treat them like works of art. Every lightsaber I've ever purchased (which I eventually sold) I've customized. Here's an example (this one is my personal favorite):

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #326745 by
Very nice Streen. That does elevate it to a completely new level.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327131 by
I wonder if anyone has done anything with these Laser Sabers? :)

Seems pretty expensive and probably the closest thing to a real lightsaber we're going to get legally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGOlEeXANm8

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327136 by
XD Those were a weird gimmick that died quickly. Turns out a powerful laser does not make a bright blade. From what I can see in that video, they're just mixing many different things (from pics of actual stunt sabers, to the laser, to a poorly wired string blade). None of that would work.

Closest thing to what looks like a real lightsaber? A Neopixel blade, as shown below:

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

More
5 years 6 months ago #327151 by Kobos
Sorry I am a little late to the party..........I share Ari's views almost exactly, to me it is similar to my live katana I train with. I have adopted the belief that as i have trained with the blade and the lightsaber, they become part of me each containing a small portion of my being. I also have a white bladed saber, I didn't know the healing canon but it applies aptly to me anyway. Before leaning that though I looked at it as such. I chose white with a black handle because, regardless of reason, the sword is made to kill. Should I need kill I would hope that it is because I wish not too but am left with no other choice. I also, apply the thought that should I drop a man in battle that I should not be happy but be remorseful for the loss of life which occurred but also know that it was needed. My Katana is also simple, red and black scabbard simple wound hilt, wood pinned tang, (i did go a little flashy) with a red blade. As is an important practice I keep both my lightsaber and sword in perstine shape, well oiled and clean.

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327192 by
Definitely agree with the wicked sabers. They only seemed to act like real light sabers as in generate heat but that's about it. Maybe it'd be worth more if you could duel with them but that's too dangerous Although I do think a fully fledged lightsaber is very possible. May be impossible now, but everytime someone says something is impossible, someone goes out and proves them wrong ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327205 by
Possible? Yes.

Probable? Probably...

Nessisary? Not at all.

Why would we or anyone want to bring in a weapon of that calibre into the world? We do far enough damage with what we have, and as Jedi, should we even want to carry around anything like that?

My glorified glowstick does enough. It gives great pics, makes for fun videos, excellent exercises, and all without burning or cutting. Tho...a well placed whack will lay someone out. XD

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327288 by
Who said it had to be exactly like the movies anyway? xD

Could be useful as a blunt instrument I suppose for protection i.e. muggers, robbers, tyrannical governments ect. or enough to cause a little burn but not actually chop off anything.

The other plastic lightsabers are only really good for practice I suppose without having to use real weapons and that's if you are wanting to train with swords or sticks. Good for collectors too I guess

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327458 by
I wonder does anyone here have a custom made darksaber? I've seen other Jedi here use many other kinds of lightsabers but I haven't seen one use a darksaber yet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327461 by

Yabuturtle wrote: I wonder does anyone here have a custom made darksaber? I've seen other Jedi here use many other kinds of lightsabers but I haven't seen one use a darksaber yet.

you just made a thread based on this same question. lets keep it contained...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi