Random Acts of Kindness

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #320181 by
Random Acts of Kindness was created by
The rants tread gets quite a few posts. I like to see something complementary get that many posts. It's the Yin Yang thing for me.

Please post any small act of kindness you've done during the course of the day for a stranger. I believe these small acts create and project positive vibrations. While the intention is to do good for another I also believe the more you do the more that will come back to you. Creating a cascade of goodness.

So what kind act(s) have you done today?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #320182 by Carlos.Martinez3
There are bums all over where we live, they even camp out in lots open. I always try to help where I can - water juice food that type of thing. No money. My 5 year old said “dad- she ( random lady begging ) looks like she could use money. Can we help her out” aghhh what a blessing to have him even when I wasn’t ready. My act of kindness comes from my 5 year old trying to help the world. This world isn’t ready for the young hearts coming ! Thanks for this space ! I look foward to seeing more !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #320351 by
Replied by on topic Random Acts of Kindness
DOA?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 week ago #320353 by
I picked up a friend from hospital and he threw up all over my car and floor :laugh: i did not force choke him ..that was my good deed i guess ..

More
6 years 1 week ago #320357 by thomaswfaulkner
I definitely don't want to be a tooter, but I like the idea that we can be reminded to look outwardly and do these Secret Service mission to put a smile on other people's faces. I hope this thread can motivate people to try to find unique ways to engage the people in their community.

Now...my example is an interesting one. (You can find new ways to serve if you just know how to look!) So we recently bought a new car and it came with a free 3 month OnStar subscription. Now, I know that I have the privledge to have a phone and I don't need their services, so I left it be for a couple days....but then I got curious. I pushed the little blue button and I asked the person on the other line if I would be "abusing the system" if I called to wish them a Happy Day. She told me that she had never had anyone ask that question before and she didn't have a problem with it....sooooo....

I push that button every day after work just to chat with a stranger and wish them a happy day!!!

I mean, these guys are willing to help someone in the middle of a crisis in case their vehicles break down, so why not call them to wish them well?

Life has a funny way of making people smile. Who knew a little blue button could be the source of someone's happiness?

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 days ago #320399 by
I picked some slugs off someone's slightly damp study notes that had blown into a bush, and pinned the notes on the "Important Notices" board... They're still there, but *shrugs* you never know. And I think the slugs will have a better diet too.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 days ago #320400 by
A couple days ago I attempted to help someone when they were confused as to why things weren't working out the way they wanted. I did it out of kindness, and didn't need to help anyone really. But I did.

Sadly, they didn't appreciate my help and continue to think me malicious.

More
6 years 5 days ago #320405 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Random Acts of Kindness
My random act if kindness is going to be passing on a little bit of wisdom my super gave to my coworker while mediating an issue between myself and her:

"Your paranoia is causing you to perceive issues that don't actually exist, creating unnecessary trouble/drama."

Just something to consider when you think someone has slighted you.

Now back to my regularly scheduled non-posting program.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 5 days ago #320406 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Random Acts of Kindness
All derailing posts and attacks have been removed. This thread will stay on the topic listed by the OP and in the spirit, it was generated for. I have very limited time today and very limited tolerance for any grey area skirting the rules. So if I have to log on to moderate further administrative action is likely.
Act like Jedi, keep it on topic, stop skirting the rules, and take anything else to PM to which you are NOT owed a response.

Supporting rules and guidelines:

We are a spirit of the law, not a letter of the law, community. We prefer to think of them as guidelines or even just as good manners. Most of these are common sense and simple etiquette.

So, please think about what you have typed before sending. Show your respect and consideration for your fellow Temple members by simply maintaining the self-restraint to not swear. As it is much easier to control this behavior when typing than it is in verbal conversation, there really is no acceptable excuse.

Post what you think is acceptable for an 8-year-old to read (be it your own child or another) as this is, in fact, a family, and public, forum after all. If in doubt, leave it out.

Please note also that swearing is not the only way to offend. One can be just as demeaning and derogatory without resorting to swear words. These cases are as equally inappropriate and are covered under the same regulation on the forum.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/47-help/679-termsofuseandrules

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, , Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 days ago #320428 by

Rickie wrote: So what kind act(s) have you done today?

None, I suppose. Define "kind".

I complimented a friend on her hairdo. And I let another friend know how much I care about her. Perhaps that counts? Or is that just being "nice"? The two terms have different meaning.

Then again, where does one draw the line between kind and nice?

If one is not kind on a daily basis, do good things not come back to him or her, as you put it? I ask because I wonder about this concept of "karma". After all, bad things happen to good people.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi