Star wars episode 8 May (contains spoilers)

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #320030 by Eleven
This might a shock to some but, I recently saw Star wars 8 and to me it was pretty good. I like 7 better but, it wasn't bad.

Pros:
-Luke arrives
My favorite character in the series. Episode 7 left me wanting so much.

-new characters are added (I like Rose)- I like the addition of rose and Finn though, I kinda think Rey is jealous.

-new relationship between Kyle and Rey, I liked the deal of them being able to use force abilities to commune. Still, a love hate relationship though but, I love it

-New Force abilities seen with Leia- I thought it was cool but, I also was expecting her to die in this film.
-Yoda!!! I enjoyed the short moments with Luke and Yoda...clearly Luke learned little from Yoda...

-The red suits in battle finally!!! I always wanted to see them in battle in real life and I wasn't disappointed they're really cool. Their fighting style, their weapons, the suits of course.

cons:
-Luke's Character in the film, he's not Luke from the previous episodes. He complains, seems cowardly, bitter and doesn't really resemble the legendary jedi. And being bested by a novice jedi in training.

-Snoke is killed so easily another annoyance I felt was terrible. Their was such mystery behind this guy and rumors of him and for him to be killed so easily...terrible.

-no epic light saber battle between kylo and Luke. I, get the reasoning behind the the plot but, it could have been Still had a battle. It was appearing it was going there.

-Luke dies he dies before Leia??? Wow...just wow...

-Reys origins trashed "your parents were nobody who sold you for booze..." that sucks.

-feels too much like a back story to "Empire" like 7 it feels to much like ESB but, in a much lighter tone.

-The director appears not to fully understand Star wars or its characters. I feel he ruined the vets of the series, Luke in particular, he did enhance leias character but, not much. Killed snoke off, I think killing off Kylo Ren mask was dumb to do, really killed off a lot of the good that Episode 7 did right.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Eleven. Reason: Not done.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320031 by
Ya'll may want to put that all in spoilers before someone blows a gasket over it. ;)

Warning: Spoiler!

More
5 years 11 months ago #320037 by Carlos.Martinez3
The best part to me was the end - it started all over again but this time there was much more revealed. We know now more than just what happened but now how.... Kinna ironic hu - as is life - we live and know just a bit more just as it happens all over again.
Circle of life type of things. Good stuff ! I’ll always be a fan till the day I pass on to the next step in life - I’ll still be a fan! Force be with you !’

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven

More
5 years 11 months ago #320040 by Adder
I saw it for the first time a few days ago as well, and thought it was pretty good. I cannot wait to watch it again!!

I dunno how long we have to do the spoiler tag, since the movie is accessible now to individuals for purchase or rent. So perhaps a good clear subject heading (like you did) is enough!!??

Since its in the discussions thread, my thoughts on your observations...

So I liked it, took it back to serve the original trilogies purpose (as I see it), instead of fluffing out a longer and deeper imaginary fairytale.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320044 by
Saw this film and don't remember much about it, that's how memorable and vested I was in the characters and what happened to them and how mind-blowing the plot and story was.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320049 by
I love the scene with the iron!
Overall I liked the movie but it was too much, they could have easily left out the last battle or the one before that...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320052 by

Adhara wrote: I love the scene with the iron!

The iron? I don't seem to recall such a scene, jog my memory? ;P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320056 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Hqv4ALmHI
;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320057 by
Ooooh! I done derped. XD I loved that scene!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #320059 by
As always, there is deeper meaning to a lot of the stuff seemingly trivial or unnecessary. You have to look deeper.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi