Sign Language

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317201 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Sign Language

Locksley wrote: I think a practice group, here, would be so exciting. Can we get a show of hands? Who would like to do this? If people are interested, we can make this happen!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZTNq2QDUno8dbJTypYwDPzIQLT-muKFqAFiN-CdmL9kJ3mg/viewform

Is that a pun? lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, thomaswfaulkner, Tannis Yarl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317208 by Locksley
Replied by Locksley on topic Sign Language
My subconscious is, apparently, quite clever. :woohoo:

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317213 by Locksley
Anyone else interested? Check in here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZTNq2...-CdmL9kJ3mg/viewform

I think I'll create a new thread for the actual group, and maybe ask someone to sticky it (at least for the duration of our group practice). No reason people can't join us later on, but it'd be neat to have a bunch of us start it off! I'm really quite excited for this.

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317220 by Tellahane

Locksley wrote: Anyone else interested? Check in here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZTNq2...-CdmL9kJ3mg/viewform

I think I'll create a new thread for the actual group, and maybe ask someone to sticky it (at least for the duration of our group practice). No reason people can't join us later on, but it'd be neat to have a bunch of us start it off! I'm really quite excited for this.

I would be willing to sponsor and setup a group here in the community section that would allow for better offline communications and the group can figure out the best way to setup and do things from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317223 by Locksley
I think that would be perfect, thank you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #317259 by Tannis Yarl
Replied by Tannis Yarl on topic Sign Language
so "A Show of Hands" on a topic about Sign Language...did no one get the pun but me? All humor aside, I completely agree that joining this community of silent communication is a Great idea and will serve to bring us into contact with some who might otherwise be excluded. A note on the side, as a Big Fan of the writings of Alexander Dumas', in the Three Musketeers the character of Athos has a secret language of gestures he uses to communicate with Grimaud ( his personal servant). ever since I read that I've wanted to learn Sign.

Tannis Yarl
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Tannis Yarl.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317318 by Locksley
Cool! Just add your name here!

Looks like we'll have six people to start off with. :)

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317387 by Locksley
So, we have the following names on the ASL sign up form!

Locksley
thomaswfaulkner
steamboat28
Tellahane
Carlos.martinez3

Anyone can join in, later, of course, but I think this is a good starting group. Tellahane, are you still willing to sponsor this and set us up with a little nook someplace? :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317406 by Tellahane
Been slammed with 911 calls this shift I'll get to it at some point ;)

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317413 by Locksley

Tellahane wrote: Been slammed with 911 calls this shift I'll get to it at some point ;)

That sounds like an understandable reason to take your time!
Hope your shift eases up.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi