There has been an Awakening, have you felt it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314762 by

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: I've been following this second thread on this subject that was already presented. I find it a bit odd that I am not allowed to add anything to that post such as, "why not just as that question here?"

Thanks to Ari and Kyrin for trying to identify this question in the same manner. I'd love to learn why this second thread was posted and not just added to this discussion as it is totally related to it.

Again thanks for acknowledging.

I think that would be because you're not yet a member and the second discussion was in the Jediism thread, rather than open discussions like this one. The Jediism forum is open only to members, though guests can see it.

EDIT: Ironic, really. Trying to connect with the community yet simultaneously cutting oneself off from part of the community.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314763 by
It was a stolen thread hands down. Carlos claims it was for etiquette but it's actually the height of rudeness.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314764 by

Arisaig wrote:

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: I've been following this second thread on this subject that was already presented. I find it a bit odd that I am not allowed to add anything to that post such as, "why not just as that question here?"

Thanks to Ari and Kyrin for trying to identify this question in the same manner. I'd love to learn why this second thread was posted and not just added to this discussion as it is totally related to it.

I think that would be because you're not yet a member and the second discussion was in the Jediism thread, rather than open discussions like this one. The Jediism forum is open only to members, though guests can see it.

EDIT: Ironic, really. Trying to connect with the community yet simultaneously cutting oneself off from part of the community.

Ah thanks, hopefully my membership is accepted soon seems like it's been longer than the two weeks expected, but maybe my time is off.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314765 by Adder

When asked he said it was so he could reply to individuals and connect to them, and so I assume he did not want to hog or take over the direction of your thread. Having different access to different forums was requested a long time ago by some members so discussions could take on different directions, as there are different levels and types of restrictions across various places including read only, and not being able to read. Each one has a different impact and scope, so the higher the rank the more options exist to be able to explore things in different ways.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314767 by

Adder wrote:

When asked he said it was so he could reply to individuals and connect to them, and so I assume he did not want to hog or take over the direction of your thread. Having different access to different forums was requested a long time ago by some members so discussions could take on different directions, as there are different levels and types of restrictions across various places including read only, and not being able to read. Each one has a different impact and scope, so the higher the rank the more options exist to be able to explore things in different ways.

In other words elitism. The ability for the peons to look on from the mud pits but not participate.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314768 by

Adder wrote:

I can understand that in terms of the Knights and Apprentice's Chambers. And I can understand if there are conversations that we wouldn't want guests to see, or people under certain ranks to see just yet. But when it comes to a thread they can see, shouldn't they be afforded the opportunity to respond to it? Especially stuff pertaining to Jediism. They're here for that, they may want to engage in conversations to learn more about it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314769 by
What I thought initially when seeing the new thread was that I'm not supposed to initiate conversation to make people think. Perhaps I'm just suppose to be here to listen and not start threads. After all it was a clergyman that segregated me from the thread wasn't it? Not sure what one is supposed to think in those moments.

Perhaps an awakening of another kind?

More
6 years 2 months ago #314770 by Adder
Don't ask me, that's another topic from another time. There was two sides I remember, for and against... like most thing, but I'd guess since the change was not taking anything away but rather adding something it was a case of stop seeing problems where they need not exist kinda thing. If you want to create a new thread about forum permissions go ahead I guess.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314771 by Avalon
In the mean time, Adder, perhaps you could move the other one to a general discussion area so that guests can participate in it too? After all, according to Carlos, the point of it was to connect with people. . . I'm sure the placement was merely an oversight.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Avalon.

More
6 years 2 months ago #314772 by Adder

Avalon wrote: In the mean time, Adder, perhaps you could move the other one to a general discussion area so that guests can participate in it too? After all, according to Carlos, the point of it was to connect with people. . . I'm sure the placement was merely an oversight.

It's a fair call to make, but given Carlos (as second thread author) explicitly asked for it not to be merged then its not something I'd do. There are other Mods though who might view it different.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi