There has been an Awakening, have you felt it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314773 by
Apparently or not... really exemplifying Carlos opinion as having some elite status over the rest of the Jedi here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314775 by Avalon

Adder wrote:

Avalon wrote: In the mean time, Adder, perhaps you could move the other one to a general discussion area so that guests can participate in it too? After all, according to Carlos, the point of it was to connect with people. . . I'm sure the placement was merely an oversight.

It's a fair call to make, but given Carlos (as second thread author) explicitly asked for it not to be merged then its not something I'd do. There are other Mods though who might view it different.

Didn't say merged with this one. I said moved to open discussions so everyone can participate. Why? Because of this sentiment right here:

What I thought initially when seeing the new thread was that I'm not supposed to initiate conversation to make people think. Perhaps I'm just suppose to be here to listen and not start threads. After all it was a clergyman that segregated me from the thread wasn't it? Not sure what one is supposed to think in those moments.

Changing it from one board to the other (not merging) ought to be done if people are feeling excluded, which obviously they are. Especially if the claim is that the other thread is to help promote "connecting" with others on site. . .Which it supposedly is. . . .

I have my doubts

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314779 by

Avalon wrote:

Adder wrote:

Avalon wrote: In the mean time, Adder, perhaps you could move the other one to a general discussion area so that guests can participate in it too? After all, according to Carlos, the point of it was to connect with people. . . I'm sure the placement was merely an oversight.

It's a fair call to make, but given Carlos (as second thread author) explicitly asked for it not to be merged then its not something I'd do. There are other Mods though who might view it different.

Didn't say merged with this one. I said moved to open discussions so everyone can participate.

If your going to go to the trouble of moving it why not just merge it?

More
6 years 2 months ago #314780 by Avalon
It's called "compromise," Kyrin.

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314781 by

Avalon wrote: It's called "compromise," Kyrin.

Compromise only leads to the dilution of truth.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314784 by Avalon
Not that that discussion is entirely relevant to this thread anymore, but when you have a conflict of any variety, compromise is how it's best solved. It has nothing to do with diluting the truth.

One party involved doesn't want their thread merged; they say it's for another purpose than this one. I have my doubts, but that's beside the point. The other party feels that the second thread is related to this thread and would like a way to communicate in both.

We hardly need one "it's my way or the highway" being met by another... Solution: Move the more restricted one to the less restricted forum and allow participation by all members of the site in a thread that is supposedly about connecting with other people. And there's nothing being diluted here, so let's stay focused on the real issue and not create a new one for the sake of creating a new one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314788 by
This is a common failing of the Jedi. Compromise is never a path to truth. It may be a path to peace, but never truth. In the end peace does not last, only truth.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314789 by Avalon
*facepalms*

As ever, you either completely miss or ignore the point at hand in order to stick to your own.

Carry on, Kyrin... Carry on. . .

*sighs*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314790 by

Avalon wrote: *facepalms*

As ever, you either completely miss or ignore the point at hand in order to stick to your own.

*sighs*

Why is it that when I don't agree with your subjective opinion you dismiss me as irrelevant? Your inability to see the other side of an argument is your downfall.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #314792 by Avalon

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Avalon wrote: *facepalms*

*sighs*

Why is it that when I don't agree with your subjective opinion you dismiss me as irrelevant? Your inability to see the other side of an argument is your downfall.

Your inability to see the other side of an argument is your downfall.

I have far better judges of my character to look to than you, someone who dismisses every other side of the argument that is against your own constantly, without fail.

When you start to do what you claim I don't do (inaccurately, mind you), then you can criticize. Until then, move along.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi