There has been an Awakening, have you felt it?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314280 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I have thought about this a lot today. And I have come to one question I can't seem to get past. What exactly do you mean by "spiritual awakening"?

In the other post you stipulated that you felt a requirement for an awakening was an acceptance in a supernatural or spiritual force that drives certain events in our lives.

If that is truly a stipulation, than I have no room for participation in this thread. So I guess i thought I would ask...

What is a spiritual awakening?

I actually base this thread off of that discussion, not that the supernatural is a requirement for a spiritual awakening. All that is really being asked is what do you believe and how did you come to that belief. What is your spiritual sense? Based solely in science and proof or in some supernatural encounter, or whatever, I just want to see all the different views we have here, look for similarities and contradictions, why do we have these facets?

Are we all connected if so how? How did we evolve into different races or has it always been that way. I would love to hear your truth of the beginning to now, where are we going, what happens when you die. All the things that make your beliefs real and true to you, that's what I want to learn.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314316 by
Every spiritual awakening I thought I had experienced ultimately proved to be a false one. I described one in the other thread. My experience in the pub in Alaska meeting the Celestial being. But there have been others like that. I have spent much of my life in their pursuit. Moving from paradigm to paradigm, through dogma and doctrine, mentor after mentor that promised greatness. Every single one a failure in the end. That is until I started studying here.

Now it is not the dogma or the doctrine or the title or even the philosophy of this place that showed me the reality of my nature. It was actually through the study of myself using the lens of some of the world’s greatest mythology that I began to realize the answers were not out there somewhere but inside me. For me, this was the first honest and lasting awakening I have ever experienced.

It taught me that spirituality is not something to do but something to be. To borrow from the Tao, any enlightening that can be explained is not true enlightening - and the same goes for “endarkening”. To claim to know anything is a false claim. In fact I could only begin to know anything when I finally admitted I knew nothing. And just as much as I am connected to everything I am also in competition with it.

Nature loves me unconditionally but it has no problem also destroying me. It is indifferent to my plight in this way and as much as I should be in harmony with nature I am also in a never ending struggle against its inevitabilities – that ultimate and final one being death. And when that happens she will reabsorb my essence without even noticing my demise. Until then my quest is to be the most productive person I can be, take on every challenge without fear, live as richly as I can, embrace those connections I experience, feel as much as I can, embrace the pain and the joy, and never stop searching for the answers I know I will never find because that is the journey. To me that is what "being awake" is about.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314392 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Every spiritual awakening I thought I had experienced ultimately proved to be a false one. I described one in the other thread. My experience in the pub in Alaska meeting the Celestial being.

I meant to ask on this, how was it that you see this being as a celestial being? Was there anything that you could confirm as truth to what you were told?

More
6 years 2 months ago #314409 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Every spiritual awakening I thought I had experienced ultimately proved to be a false one. I described one in the other thread. My experience in the pub in Alaska meeting the Celestial being. But there have been others like that. I have spent much of my life in their pursuit. Moving from paradigm to paradigm, through dogma and doctrine, mentor after mentor that promised greatness. Every single one a failure in the end. That is until I started studying here.

Now it is not the dogma or the doctrine or the title or even the philosophy of this place that showed me the reality of my nature. It was actually through the study of myself using the lens of some of the world’s greatest mythology that I began to realize the answers were not out there somewhere but inside me. For me, this was the first honest and lasting awakening I have ever experienced.

It taught me that spirituality is not something to do but something to be. To borrow from the Tao, any enlightening that can be explained is not true enlightening - and the same goes for “endarkening”. To claim to know anything is a false claim. In fact I could only begin to know anything when I finally admitted I knew nothing. And just as much as I am connected to everything I am also in competition with it.

Nature loves me unconditionally but it has no problem also destroying me. It is indifferent to my plight in this way and as much as I should be in harmony with nature I am also in a never ending struggle against its inevitabilities – that ultimate and final one being death. And when that happens she will reabsorb my essence without even noticing my demise. Until then my quest is to be the most productive person I can be, take on every challenge without fear, live as richly as I can, embrace those connections I experience, feel as much as I can, embrace the pain and the joy, and never stop searching for the answers I know I will never find because that is the journey. To me that is what "being awake" is about.

This is a great view. As a Jedi can you allow other definitions exist along with... your own?
There are a number of others who have received an awakening from their own path. All difrent all real to the one haveing them. Better yet a small step further ... can we as Jedi accept others awakenings even ifwe have not or continuously not find one? Is it the awakening we seek? . Why do we do it ? Why do you do not? This and these are questions we all have to asknpiraelfa eventually. Hope this helps the discussion.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314496 by

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: I meant to ask on this, how was it that you see this being as a celestial being? Was there anything that you could confirm as truth to what you were told?

At the time it was the strange series of events that led me to believe this. I was in crisis because I was not getting along with my spouse at the time, who claimed the trouble was because I was not in alignment with Gods will for my life. For some reason deciding to leave my friends and go to this pub alone and meeting this person that seemed to have all the answers for all my questions and my life.

But in the end it did not really fix anything. All he had really done was provide me with a series of sweeping, overarching statements that I could use to cover up the detail of my questions. It worked for a while but actually trying to live it to any great extent, once again, began to eventually expose the broken theology beneath.

And then I went to college and studied critical thinking and philosophy and I realized nothing he had said could be concluded as true in any way. This is the problem with any logical argument for the proof of a God. At some point a leap of faith has to be made that cannot be shown to be valid. It’s the old "and then a miracle happens" argument that must be inserted at some point to make any such argument work. And I just can’t accept that.

Why do people have to invent a "supernatural force" that there is actually no objective evidence for? If a "first cause" must be determined why can’t that first cause just be nature itself? I think it is fear. Fear of mortality and fear of the unknown and fear of responsibility. It’s comforting for people to think there is something out there watching over them. That nothing they do is really their fault and they are not really responsible for their actions and when it all comes to an end there is grand prize awaiting them.

They can’t face the stark reality that it may all actually mean nothing except what they make of it during their time here. I'm as terrified of death as anyone else. But I refuse to let that fear determine how I live my life. I prefer to face that fear and live my life according to truth rather than pretend everything is alright because some divine authority has ultimate responsibility. Instead I take the responsibility onto myself.

carlos wrote: This is a great view. As a Jedi can you allow other definitions exist along with... your own?
There are a number of others who have received an awakening from their own path. All difrent all real to the one haveing them. Better yet a small step further ... can we as Jedi accept others awakenings even ifwe have not or continuously not find one? Is it the awakening we seek? . Why do we do it ? Why do you do not? This and these are questions we all have to asknpiraelfa eventually. Hope this helps the discussion.

I have no authority to either allow or not allow other definitions to exist along with my own. It’s not my place to determine that. People are going to believe what they believe because of how they choose to live their lives. And that's fine. It’s the way it’s supposed to be. Each one free to determine their own path according to their own will. And I have no interest in altering that.

But what I do have concern for is those that are truly searching and what I will do for them is fight. Face to face and side by side as we walk our paths. Steel sharpens steel and practice makes perfect. I will challenge those that are willing to be challenged and I expect the same in return. This is how we grow, through conflict and challenge. That is how truth, as close as we can get to it, is determined. And it’s not a place of compromise because truth is either an accurate description of our reality or it’s not. And getting there is a singular process of achieving hard won ground in battle.

More
6 years 2 months ago #314497 by Carlos.Martinez3
This is how we grow, through conflict and challenge. That is how truth, as close as we can get to it, is determined. And it’s not a place of compromise because truth is either an accurate description of our reality or it’s not. And getting there is a singular process of achieving hard won ground in battle.

This is how some... grow. Some are in a battle , others are not. Some don't fight others do. Some ... see that way ... others don't .
Obviously you do... nothing wrong with that. Not eveynone does. Not every one should be made to see ... one way. Leave room for others. You may see a few , more things avalible . ( clergyman preaching) ok. May the Force be with you - be well and thank you for your view and your stance! You live very much in my Jedi collection of ways and jedi ism. Thanks for being a part Kyrin.

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314511 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: This is how some... grow. Some are in a battle , others are not. Some don't fight others do. Some ... see that way ... others don't .
Obviously you do... nothing wrong with that. Not eveynone does. Not every one should be made to see ... one way. Leave room for others. You may see a few , more things avalible . ( clergyman preaching) ok. May the Force be with you - be well and thank you for your view and your stance! You live very much in my Jedi collection of ways and jedi ism. Thanks for being a part Kyrin.

You are correct of course. But part of the charge of a warrior is also to fight for those who will not or can not. Everyone sees the shadows and everyone interprets those shadows in their own way, and that is fine. But there is only one cause of those shadows, (one way). My mission is simple - to uncover and reveal that cause.

More
6 years 2 months ago #314517 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: This is how some... grow. Some are in a battle , others are not. Some don't fight others do. Some ... see that way ... others don't .

You are correct of course. But part of the charge of a warrior is also to fight for those who will not or can not. Everyone sees the shadows and everyone interprets those shadows in their own way, and that is fine. But there is only one cause of those shadows, (one way). My mission is simple - to uncover and reveal that cause.

For yourself ? If that's the case - we do share a few lights and ideas !

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314538 by
I don't know if I have had a spiritual awakening. I know that I have had experiences that have changed my perspective on things, but in the end can I say this was an awakening or simply a matter of my personality coming out in a different way?

I've experienced events that led me to believe with certainty that I knew what I was doing. That my path was the right way. Then I KNEW I had the knowledge that could help others. Now? Now not so much. I still have those experiences, but those are my experiences. Those events are mine and mine alone. Sharing them isn't going to add enlightenment for others. Expounding on my feelings for those events wouldn't do much more than help me sort my feelings better, and would provide very little in helping others understand spiritual awakenings for themselves.

The only thing I can add to this conversation, really, is that has anyone really had a spiritual awakening or was it just them experiencing something that changed their perspective on something? Let's say I almost died and had a near death experience. Is that a spiritual awakening? Or is that something that's always been there and has really only just caused me to pay more attention to my own mortality? And if so then any "revelation" that comes forward is really just me thinking over the situation? Is that pondering of the event the spiritual awakening? Then isn't it equally correct to say that we could be having spiritual awakenings regularly when we consider some new philosophy we didn't consider before?

I can't say in honesty that I've experienced a spiritual awakening, but I have had my perspective changed quite profoundly a couple of times.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #314761 by
I've been following this second thread on this subject that was already presented. I find it a bit odd that I am not allowed to add anything to that post such as, "why not just as that question here?"

Thanks to Ari and Kyrin for trying to identify this question in the same manner. I'd love to learn why this second thread was posted and not just added to this discussion as it is totally related to it.

Again thanks for acknowledging.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi