On power

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #306192 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic On power

Dewy.Cosmos wrote: Power, it's a popular theme that comes up in the media and hollywood.

Ok. Why does that matter?

What does the word Power mean to you? Why is or isn't power important to a Jedi?

In my opinion, there are several different kinds/forms of “power.” If you’re talking about just plain “power” then I’d say that’s more or less equivalent to usable energy. (Think “electrical power.”) Raw power has little to do with the media’s usage of the word in my experience.

Power could be very important to a Jedi or it could be not important at all. It depends on the Jedi in question. It also depends on what kind of “power” you’re talking about.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #306193 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic On power

Silvermane wrote: I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I need no other power.

Ok, I’ve seen a LOT of Jedi using that quote from Rogue One. What, exactly, do you mean by that? What does being “one with the Force” actually mean in a practical application? And, more on topic, what does it have to do with “power”?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 4 months ago #306195 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic On power
I have my own ... character , my own power ... my own set of ideas and ways in practice. That never ... to me and my practice ... excludes others definitions or examples of what theirs is either . On the contrary , my character , power , ideas ways ... include and leaves room for the others that souround me. For me ( my own daily practice and focus) this leaves conflict and arguments out and creates a much broader , wider and more fuller definition and understanding of the "power" that I share with many.

Power , to me is an easy sum ... it is the state of mind of the person wielding the instrument that determines to what end it will be put. The Dalai Lama ...or even the consistency or direction and type. Power can be a instrument used or received depending on the giver or taker .
Power CAN have more than one definition and or effect .
Peace be with you on your search. Keep that in mind and not may help

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi