Our eyes Deceive us of the truth of reality

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304806 by
I wasn't talking about me. Lol..
I'm saying most people actually do have some kind of experience. However, whether they truly understand what it is they're experienced is the question. There are those who seek outward for an interpretation. Then there are those that look inward.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304838 by

Sven One wrote: I think you should ask yourself the same thing Kyrin honestly. This whole thread was meant to dive deep into spirituality and I feel like it turned into a science debate between you and Adder on who was right and who was wrong in all fairness.

As Joel Osteen has quoted, "Your entitled to your opinion and I have a right not to listen."

lol

I would disagree. It is the "without reason" portion that is different. Are you saying that I was not presenting a spirituality in my discussion? If you feel this way or if you wanted to direct the conversation in a specific way maybe you should have been more involved or put the thread in a different section. And yes you are well entitled not to listen, but then why does that give you the right to interject snarky comments like this?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304845 by
I'm sorry, but Joel Osteen is not a source of knowledge. He leads you to think that if you give your life to Christ, everything will be unicorns and rainbows for the rest of your life. He stands there with that big stupid grin on his face, in front of thousands of people who are fooled into thinking that God will make everything all better all the time. Prosperity. Peace. Fairness. Joy. All lies.

The truth is that life quite often sucks big time, no matter how good a person you are, or how often you go to church or read the Bible. $#!t happens, and there's nothing you can do about it.

On the flip side, instead of trusting in fools like Osteen, you can get up and do something about it. Trust the Force to guide you. Open yourself completely to it. It won't fix all your problems, but it helps.

More
6 years 5 months ago #304850 by Carlos.Martinez3

Streen wrote: I'm sorry, but Joel Osteen is not a source of knowledge. He leads you to think that if you give your life to Christ, everything will be unicorns and rainbows for the rest of your life. He stands there with that big stupid grin on his face, in front of thousands of people who are fooled into thinking that God will make everything all better all the time. Prosperity. Peace. Fairness. Joy. All lies.

The truth is that life quite often sucks big time, no matter how good a person you are, or how often you go to church or read the Bible. $#!t happens, and there's nothing you can do about it.

My real life example :
Growing up I loved Disney . As I grew older and began to create my own character and motives like and wants I began to have a very difrent view of the Disney corporation. Exact opposite. There was a hate that existed , truly . I had my own reasons I won't disclose. Then as I aged and progressed in difrent lights I came across a book that had famious Disney quotes. I bought it and it began a HUGE unraveling for me as I began to research and develope a new .. light on the franchise. I won't go into detail my findings because I never want to influence others where they can seek them selfs , but I found he and many had to jump thru hoops from Abrahamic culture just to put out a few myths. I began the insight to my own personal steps in my path and now I have a difrent approach all togeather . Regardless of some times where I find it , I stand by the all myth and I teach my family the same , a story a truth a myth a metaphor is for finding moral or morals we can use if we choose. Who cares if it's from idiots or sages or a rock, some times our ... eyes... CAN ... get ... in the way. Hope this sheds some light some where . Thanks for letting me be a part of this thread . I am forever lathes and choiced , your servant , all y'all! May the Force we seek and share find y'all where you seek it .
( ps Sven my man ! I am still team Sven ! Lol you are wonderful if no one tell you streen it does my heart good to see you here ! Kyrin I am glad hearts like yours are present. You all are difrent a shades of Jedi I admire and am glad are a part of my personal path !)
End of line ... lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
6 years 4 months ago #305093 by Eleven
Kyrin, It was from the beginning then you and adder got off on my subject about science and you both debated about certain portions of science and terminology. Don't judge me for being honest but, if you took it as rude or "Snarky" then I apologize to you.

Streen, LOL!!!! I think Joel Osteen is an idiot and has nothing to do with Christianity all he is a goody goody feel good motivational speaker that is all he is...he's a farce. The dude thinks Noah was alive during the time of Moses lol...he is a laughing stalk of the Christian community...however, I like that quote he says because if nothing else he says is true that is. Your entitled to your opinion and it's true but, I have a decision whether or not I am willing to listen or not to...plain and simple black and white, hot or cold, fire and ice!

Carlos, Thank you and I appreciate your support and everyone who is on my journey regardless if we always agree or not and I love you all!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #305095 by Adder
Offtopic!? Oooops sorry :D
I thought I was on, as for me perception is how one defines something (and that includes any notion of 'reality'), and its accuracy then becomes a measure of truth.

But to try and get more on-topic hopefully, I break up the act of perception into three spheres;
- subjective sphere
- objective sphere
- conceptual sphere
It can be a bit confusing as those terms have many subtle interpretations when applied in different contexts, but as a set (for me) they represent different modes of conscious awareness;
- the SS is viewing the world as a map of attributes relative to oneself by asserting an identity of self,
- the OS being viewing the world as a map of attributes trusted to be 'true' and asserts things as objects, and
- the CS which views the world as a map of generated attributes, such as imagination with examples being idealization, planning and visualization.

Such that we are all born within the SS, and learn to be adults by discovering how to balance the OS with the SS, usually by wielding the CS. In effect three maps resolving different priorities, while they can strongly relate to ''time', they do not represent it. But they might better predominate as individual maps in the context of time for the SS being derived from the biology (inherently the 'past' as grown), the OS as the expected present 'knock on wood' reality, and the future of the CS being neither have existed or presently existing as anything other then information in thought.

How that then relates to myth is, people seek out 'paths' which either solve or entertain circumstance with variables. The novel track taken represents its value to the audience. And to touch base with the Jedi fiction and Temple, proper 'focus' could be seen as the effort required to mediate the SS, proper 'knowledge' could be seen as the effort required to mediate the OS, and in the same way wisdom (or self-discipline, if considering using the future context) is needed to mediate work in the CS. And those of course are the Jedi Pillars and Temple Tenets!! Hoping that is more on topic!!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Adder. Reason: format for reading

More
6 years 4 months ago #305100 by Eleven
It's not a big deal adder and thank you for your post. I want us to love each other. Peace friend no hard feelings I hope. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi