The Shameful Secret

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #303972 by
Replied by on topic The Shameful Secret
Thank you very much for sharing this. Very wise words to reflect on.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #303979 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Shameful Secret
Perhaps this can illuminate (or darken :cheer: ) things a little :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvgmyaSTosg

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #303997 by
Yes. This is what I believe. Our puny mortal minds are unable to comprehend real unity; we live in a world of duality. Black white, cold hot, good evil. Everything is on a continuum though, and the continuum is a Mobius strip.

But as a human, I can't live that way. It's too complex. So I choose one and call it separate.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

More
6 years 5 months ago #304004 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic The Shameful Secret
Thank you both Street and Maitre. I have actually been wondering this myself lately. I haven't dipped too much into taoism. But, it sure makes me curious. I also, wonder if Palatine was right that we should study both dark and light sides...but, the force has neither nor cares for one more than the other...beautiful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #304068 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The Shameful Secret
Fear is the mind killer as they say, but luckily many delusions seem to be ''destroyed on contact' or in other words made powerless by identification, and these type only seem to return/remain by reinforcing habits or circumstances (which perhaps can be changed). The trick is confronting them within oneself honestly. Yet some may lay deeper, and some may lay too deep perhaps. But concepts of balance in terms of dark and light often do not carry forward through time as they might exist when one starts a process of confronting their demons, else we wouldn't really grow IMO.

If your a Buddhist you'd probably believe something along the lines of what HHDL said that 'all the destructive emotions and mental states are essentially distorted, whereas the antidotes, such as love, compassion and insight, are undistorted and based on how things really are. The antidotes have the quality of being strengthened through training and practice. The essential nature of the mind is pure and undefiled by the destructive emotions.' And to me is related to Taoism in that Yin&Yang is not an explanation or justification of 'being' as natural, but a means to being more of ones essence in nature as nature :unsure:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Kobos

More
6 years 5 months ago #304096 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Shameful Secret
The Force gives 0 Fs about morality. That's the humans' job the force just is, was, will be ect. I like the passage thanks for sharing Streen. Now since it gives zero f's morally we get to choose to do with it what we will leaving the definition of light side dark side to us. Meaning well, it's most likely a faulty conclusion as are most human made conclusions at least at first (or forever depending how you see it).

Much love, respect and peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #304118 by
Or, another thought, an even more shameful secret.

There is no "Force" at all.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304121 by
Depends on your definition, Khaos. Some here view the Force as another term for the world or universe. Some for God.

More
6 years 5 months ago #304138 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic The Shameful Secret
What's to say there is a Force or a god? I cannot tell you. There are alot of really messed up things going on in the world and things we as humans do not see everyday that question in my mind whether either exists or if we are simply "existing" in this place we called "Earth"

Does bad things challenge my faith? Sure it does but, it also strengthens my faith in the common good that rests in every conscious person. Light I believe we'd have no comprehension of if there wasn't the dark as well. It's merely what you decide to do with it everyday. Pick your poison.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #304142 by
I agree Sven. There is no one to say.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi