The Shameful Secret

More
6 years 6 months ago #304183 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic The Shameful Secret

JLSpinner wrote: I agree Sven. There is no one to say.

Spinoza ... ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304188 by
Replied by on topic The Shameful Secret

Sven One wrote: What's to say there is a Force or a god? I cannot tell you. There are alot of really messed up things going on in the world and things we as humans do not see everyday that question in my mind whether either exists or if we are simply "existing" in this place we called "Earth"

I reckon each person gets to decide for themselves, in each moment.

I think I must be confused, and probably reading things into your post that aren't there. But. In case I'm not. If you don't believe in the Force, why Jedi?

More
6 years 6 months ago #304198 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic The Shameful Secret
@really River, yes that was what I meant :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304298 by

Khaos wrote: Or, another thought, an even more shameful secret.

There is no "Force" at all.

In a sense that may be true. But there is SOMETHING. We just call it the Force for convenience, much like we give it sides like light and dark. "The Tao that can be named is not the true name."

I tend not to think of the Force as just an energy field. I believe the Force just IS EVERYTHING. It's the source. The alpha and omega, the beginning and end. The this and the that and the space in between.

Every religion (yes every one) is man made, as is every concept of the divine. When one empties oneself of the man-madeness, looking beyond to things that can't be comprehended, true awe for the universe and reality enters that person.

Think the unthinkable.

More
6 years 6 months ago #304430 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic The Shameful Secret
Agreed Streen :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #304448 by
Names can be misleading. People seem to lose the concepts behind the different names and titles..

I'll admit, I have a strong leaning towards what is called "judeo-christian" thinking. Though I don't necessarily come from just canonical scripture. What I get from my studies is almost the same thing. God, "The Force", our Father is perfect light with no shadow within. The Force is the foundation of everything that exists. Even this living matter we see in our material universe.

The Darkness is real, but it's not part of "The Force". We have confused femininity with darkness. As an opposite to the masculine power. When truthfully, both are different degrees of light. The first, passive. The other, progressive. While Darkness "is but is not" on the other hand. Simply because it "IS" the "Absence" of everything of substance.

I believe folks have been misled by the purposeful naming and renaming of the concepts we see in our world..

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135