Election & The Jedi Code

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265459 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Election & The Jedi Code
blaire white (aka most awesomest trans woman on youtube) on why trump won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyS-tDM0XoU&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

as for anything else this topic has covered, for my part its pretty simple: a jedi's responsibility is to promote social unity through mutual understanding, recognition of shared principles, respect for personal autonomy, and cooperation- this is true regardless of who the president is

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #265491 by Lykeios Little Raven
I don't quite know what to say to the original post. Other than the fact that I am protesting nonviolently.

I will say that it bothers me to see Jedi at each others throats over this. Though it doesn't surprise me.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265855 by
Replied by on topic Election & The Jedi Code
Let's not forget that Jorge Lucas created the jedi, and if we follow the doctrines and teachings of the jedi we are following what Jorge Lucas created "based on many religions" if each one of us start to change the code we will not be jedi, you can call yourself whathever you want but you will not be a jedi, the jedi have the code and the jedi doctrines. Its like the protestant church they become one diferent thing they are not catholic Church.
A jedi must trust in the force, in the code and in the fellow jedi, by the way i follow the first code " there is no emotion, there is peace"....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #265856 by
We are keepers of the peace, anger, agression that is not the jedi way!

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265858 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Election & The Jedi Code

Vraell wrote: Let's not forget that Jorge Lucas created the jedi, and if we follow the doctrines and teachings of the jedi we are following what Jorge Lucas created "based on many religions" if each one of us start to change the code we will not be jedi, you can call yourself whathever you want but you will not be a jedi, the jedi have the code and the jedi doctrines. Its like the protestant church they become one diferent thing they are not catholic Church.
A jedi must trust in the force, in the code and in the fellow jedi, by the way i follow the first code " there is no emotion, there is peace"....

By your "opinion" the entire Temple isn't really a Jedi Temple then, as we have adopted the middle way so to speak...

Emotion yet Peace
Ignorance yet Knowledge
Passion yet Serinity
Chaos yet harmony
Death, yet the Force...

That is the Temple's code, are we any less Jedi for it? I think not...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #265937 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Election & The Jedi Code
In terms of social sciences, if someone is a citizen of a country, they've given their tacit consent to the majority of actions therein.
It's much easier to change what forum-based internet site you visit than to move internationally, so by labeling yourself a Jedi here, you are implying that you agree with the majority of the teachings here (and thus can be judged by them).
I tend to stay away from the judging side, because I'm not an authority figure, but if you genuinely spout wrong rhetoric I'll discuss it.
Going back to one of the OP's responses that was something along the lines of

Alethea Thompson wrote: religion is based on a small core of truth and you can add whatever you want to it personally

exactly. Just because I, for example, voted in the election and think that's the right thing to do doesn't mean that it's a part of Jediism. On the other hand, there's a Doctrine tab and our core teachings are reaaaalllllyyyyy flexible, but some things are a lil hard to stretch *cough* you know who you are comrade *cough*

Also, +1 to Adder

My dude Adder wrote: application of rule enforcement works well when leniency is applied initially

The rules are always stricter than the enforcement. Don't push the rules so that your grace credit increases.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Rex. Reason: formatting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266008 by
In my opinion that midle is the same as te original code the jedi had emotions just not the bad ones i belive that is what the code mean by "there is no emotion, there is peace" is jsut the same as "emotion yet peace" i belive they are the same have emotions but not the bad ones as anger, hate, jealous all those dark feelings. And i only said that we jedi must follow the code , in this temple some of us see jediism as a religion others as a way of life, to me jedi are peaceful warriors, i study in college, train martial arts and go to the gym, and i meditade and follow the jedi code to me this is the way of a jedi, but this is my opinion.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi