Election & The Jedi Code

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264958 by
Replied by on topic Election & The Jedi Code
Whos angry other than those ( not even a member of our nation) advocating the violent assassination of a legally elected official of the US people? And what are these "array of schools" of Jediism you speak of"? Can you define them and the inherant rules under which they operate that feed into a defined set of paramaters that one calling themself a follower of Jediism is required to operate under?

If you claim that the powers are operating within their paramaters by allowing peer review then am i not fullfilling that very mandate? So why all the resistance? maybe you are fullfilling that perception of mandate as well? So what makes yours more relevant than mine?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #264960 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Election & The Jedi Code

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Can you define them and the inherant rules under which they operate that feed into a defined set of paramaters that one calling themself a follower of Jediism is required to operate under?

Maybe the point of Jediism is transcending "rules" and not operating "under" anything? Random thought.

By the way, where di Silas ever say anything about assasination.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264965 by

What does that even mean? No one has ever been able to even define what a "Jedi" is so what does this imply? What makes your version of "jediing up" better than mine?

Actually, Adder hit it on the nose. Jedi Up = "Grow Up"

Let me explain. While your self righteous intentions of standing up to your assumed misguided actions performed by Silas is an attempt at being honorable. Your approach is clearly not getting you anywhere. In fact....You have managed to drag this little badgering throughout a couple of threads now.

And Silas....You are being disagreeable with no other factual evidence than....You don't like it. Simple fact of the matter is...we all have to deal with things we don't like. It would help if you provided a critical and logical debate towards your cause....or, you know, invest your time in more substantial things....like your Jedi Studies?

"Jedi Up" is not based on a unified or even personalized definition of "Jedi" It is just a term used to indicate that we should be the better part of ourselves. That is...after all....an unified goal of Jedi. To be a better person then we are now. To be spiritually enlightened. To gain Knowledge....these are all Core systems of Jedi and really....any spiritual path. I know for a fact that you are both better than succumbing to child like games of "He said she said." or derailing topics for it....

We get it. Everyone has an opinion about the elections. Its a seriously hot topic right now and we each have our own heated "Opinion" on the matter. So if you are going to address anything....Address THAT. Address the actual topic with Logic and a willingness to learn....Not each other. And most certainly not with the intention of getting under the others skin.

Coz...I don't know about anyone else....that is what these past few encounters between Kryin and Silas have felt like....a serious attempt to get under the others skin.

"Jedi Up"

Seek Knowledge

Control Your Emotions

Be The Better part of You.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264966 by
I'm still trying to figure out what this supposed LGBT "lifestyle" is, as far as I've experienced it's just plain old living and enjoying life to the best of your ability. There is no LGBT lifestyle, everyone has their own lifestyle regardless of whether they are gay or straight, trans or cis.

More
7 years 5 months ago #264971 by Alethea Thompson
I would argue that everyone's cultures are linked to their lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's quite a beautiful expression of ourselves. :)

Jedi is a lifestyle, but it coexists with other parts of our lifestyles. I think people are made up of a few different lifestyles to create their own unique character :D

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon

More
7 years 5 months ago #264973 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Election & The Jedi Code

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Whos angry other than those ( not even a member of our nation) advocating the violent assassination of a legally elected official of the US people? And what are these "array of schools" of Jediism you speak of"? Can you define them and the inherant rules under which they operate that feed into a defined set of paramaters that one calling themself a follower of Jediism is required to operate under?

If you claim that the powers are operating within their paramaters by allowing peer review then am i not fullfilling that very mandate? So why all the resistance? maybe you are fullfilling that perception of mandate as well? So what makes yours more relevant than mine?

There is Opie McClouds school Jedi Living, The Noble Order of Jedi, our school etc etc. Each school has a similar yet slightly different version of The code, the creed, the 16 teachings, the 21 maxims, the three tenets etc etc. So yes those teachings and codes define what it is to be a Jedi. They are all fairly similar but with slight tweaks.

As far as how my way is any better etc etc. The fact is your responses are aggressive and name calling. Those are outside of the Temple rules so you might be glad that the "powers that be" are so tolerant. Further one might argue that Jedi up is a perfect response to things when the conversation gets heated as yours and Silas did. Because a Jedi should speak rationally and without name calling.

CryojenX wrote: I'm still trying to figure out what this supposed LGBT "lifestyle" is, as far as I've experienced it's just plain old living and enjoying life to the best of your ability. There is no LGBT lifestyle, everyone has their own lifestyle regardless of whether they are gay or straight, trans or cis.

One could argue that there is indeed a gay lifestyle if we looked at it as being, campy, into art and fashion etc etc. Yes people will say that is stereotyping but I am gay and can tell you enough gay men act that way that the stereotype exists for a reason. So I suppose one might call that a gay lifestyle even if not all gay people live it?

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #264975 by
So being campy and into art and fashion are that controversial for people not to approve of the lifestyle? LOL! Sorry, I don't buy it. ;)
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

More
7 years 5 months ago #264976 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Election & The Jedi Code

CryojenX wrote: So being campy and into art and fashion are that controversial for people not to approve of the lifestyle? LOL! Sorry, I don't buy it. ;)

Well no but simply sleeping with someone is not a lifestyle so that is why I was trying to say if there is a gay lifestyle what I just described would be it. What people mean by they do not approve of the gay lifestyle however is something totally different from what I was trying to get at.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264979 by
All animals are equal only some are more equal than others.
I tend to agree with what you are saying. So would many of the human beings I have been mates with who get identified according to their sexuality. No one has made a big deal of my heterosexuality ever as far as I know. When I was drunk as a teenager it impressed many of my friends, and I found that strange. Why some of them were more concerned with my getting laid than I was. Incidentally one of my mates from school I last saw on page 21 of the morning newspaper for beginning a relationship with his 14 year old student. Like all people with money he deregistered as a teacher and didn't get charged.
Stereotypes work both ways with the LGTB thing and it seems whatever compartment people want to fit into or put others into they rarely accept the 2 r's.... rights and responsibilities.
Some politics are really pointless. Usually they are put in front of us because who already have a lot of power want to keep the majority nattering away whilst they push something more relevant through the back channels.
Most people buy into the party line because they like to project their shadow

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265029 by

MadHatter wrote: There is Opie McClouds school Jedi Living, The Noble Order of Jedi, our school etc etc. Each school has a similar yet slightly different version of The code, the creed, the 16 teachings, the 21 maxims, the three tenets etc etc. So yes those teachings and codes define what it is to be a Jedi. They are all fairly similar but with slight tweaks.

As far as how my way is any better etc etc. The fact is your responses are aggressive and name calling. Those are outside of the Temple rules so you might be glad that the "powers that be" are so tolerant. Further one might argue that Jedi up is a perfect response to things when the conversation gets heated as yours and Silas did. Because a Jedi should speak rationally and without name calling.

Do those things really define what it means to be a Jedi? Where does personal interpretation come in? Is your interpretation of those few limited lines of text more relevant than mine? Isn't Jediism by its very nature a syncretic spirituality that allows for the modification, subtraction or addition to those lines of text? Where does that leave us? At what limit can that doctrine be modified so as to make its followers no longer Jedi?

I find it fascinating that people can openly speak time after time at this temple about contemplating the assassination of a US elected official and no one bats an eye. And yet I use one colorful bit of language in an "aggressive negotiation" and everyone loses their mind. Do you feel you are fulfilling even the spirit of your precious doctrine by this example? Doesn't the doctrine define Jedi as guardians of peace? Do you not feel an obligation to engage when another on this board that claims the title of Jedi is advocating unjust violence?

Please don't misunderstand the nature of this discourse. I am not trying to insight undue angst, I'm truly curious as to your thoughts on these questions. As one that personally follows very little of "our" Jedi Doctrine in its original unaltered form I am curious to see if you consider that as a disqualification of me in the membership of this order?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi