Election & The Jedi Code

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265083 by
Replied by on topic Election & The Jedi Code

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: One calls that unknowable thing The Force, therefore they are a Jedi, another may call it Trinity and so they are called Christian?

Seems good enough for me. But that's just me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265109 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: How do you tell the path of a Jedi from the path of another? Is it just a distinction in terms? One calls that unknowable thing The Force, therefore they are a Jedi, another may call it Trinity and so they are called Christian?

But you most know by now that Christians have very specific beliefs that make them Christian, as do Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. A Christian can be Jedi, but a Jedi may not necessarily hold the beliefs that would make them Christian. Jediism is harder to nail down for some because it is specifically not meant to be, unlike the more organized religions that have more defined doctrine, dogma, or traditions that are very specific to that faith.

This does not mean that Jediism cannot be identified as a unique faith in comparison to others. There are characteristics that are common to all those who seriously practice Jediism, and it makes it possible to identify those who do not take it as seriously. Sometimes it just takes one to know one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265110 by
Reading this thread, I'm slightly offended ..... :unsure: :unsure:

More
7 years 5 months ago #265112 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Election & The Jedi Code

Silas Mercury wrote: Reading this thread, I'm slightly offended ..... :unsure: :unsure:

Offense is always taken never given and usually because we either know or fear that the things we are offended by are true.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #265120 by
Fair enough guys.

Goken i totally get your philosophy in this. I have encountered this idea before in my own path. If you strip away all of the bias and individual belief you are left with this basic truth. Most cant seem to bring themselves to come to this place though. The belief strutures that build up around experience get in the way and we have trouble tearing down those walls for fear that we will find nothing behind them.

Senan the very walls i speak of are the doctrines of individual and group-think belief you describe. We are not jedi or christian because of some universal truth. We chose those titles out of fear of the loss of our individuality. Now im not saying we should not define ourselves in such ways. What im saying is that we need to understand that basic truth in that decision... that we are ultimately one but we are also individual expressions of that one.

In this realization we can begin to comprehend any approach each of us takes to any issue is just as valid as any other and anyones artificial attitude or opinion that they hold the moral high ground or they have the superior opinion is a completely false one.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

More
7 years 5 months ago #265122 by MadHatter

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Fair enough guys.

Goken i totally get your philosophy in this. I have encountered this idea before in my own path. If you strip away all of the bias and individual belief you are left with this basic truth. Most cant seem to bring themselves to come to this place though. The belief strutures that build up around experience get in the way and we have trouble tearing down those walls for fear that we will find nothing behind them.

Senan the very walls i speak of are the doctrines of individual and group-think belief you describe. We are not jedi or christian because of some universal truth. We chose those titles out of fear of the loss of our individuality. Now im not saying we should not define ourselves in such ways. What im saying is that we need to understand that basic truth in that decision... that we are ultimately one but we are also individual expressions of that one.

In this realization we can begin to comprehend any approach each of us takes to any issue is just as valid as any other and anyones artificial attitude or opinion that they hold the moral high ground or they have the superior opinion is a completely false one.

So you admit that Silas's opinion is just as valid as yours and you have no right to call him out for anything ever? Or do you want to reconsider that statement?

A is A words and things have meaning and if we change them to fit whatever we want then we cease to be talking about the same thing and all things lose their meaning. A Marine is not a Marine because he picked up the title. It is earned and has criteria. Same thing with a Jedi or a Christian or any other title worth anything.

Knight of the Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265125 by

MadHatter wrote: So you admit that Silas's opinion is just as valid as yours and you have no right to call him out for anything ever? Or do you want to reconsider that statement?

A is A words and things have meaning and if we change them to fit whatever we want then we cease to be talking about the same thing and all things lose their meaning. A Marine is not a Marine because he picked up the title. It is earned and has criteria. Same thing with a Jedi or a Christian or any other title worth anything.

Thats exactly what im saying, there is no good or evil or morally superior opinion. Only opinions we prefer and opinion we do not prefer. Its a completey subjective thing. It takes the consensus of societies to overthrow those subjectalities. If it is deemed by majority that the best thing for society is that trump be killled then he will be killed. That has no bearing on my personal opinion of it and it is no less a moral position than any other. Same with hilary gaining office, if the system had ruled she gain office she would be president elect. This is a world of survival of the fittest and the weak and sick will always be cut from the herd to benefit and strenghten the rest regardess of any personal view of it. That does not mean we still dont rage against that machine when we find ourselves in the minority.

Same with any title. What is it that really gives you that title? Society or a societal group? Consensus? Individual pride? A specific criteria as you say? Are you saying these thing are never subject to change? So is a Marine that earned his title in 1945 no longer a Marine because the requirements have changed in 2016? Does that change cause the title of Marine to lose its meaning? I dont think so because the Honorable brotherhood of Marines has said it does not and I, as a Member of that brotherhood, agree with that consensus.

More
7 years 5 months ago #265126 by MadHatter

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

MadHatter wrote: So you admit that Silas's opinion is just as valid as yours and you have no right to call him out for anything ever? Or do you want to reconsider that statement?

Thats exactly what im saying, there is no good or evil or morally superior opinion. Only opinions we prefer and opinion we do not prefer. Its a completey subjective thing. It takes the consensus of societies to overthrow those subjectalities. If it is deemed by majority that the best thing for society is that trump be killled then he will be killed. That has no bearing on my personal opinion of it and it is no less a moral position than any other. Same with hilary gaining office, if the system had ruled she gain office she would be president elect. This is a world of survival of the fittest and the weak and sick will always be cut from the herd to benefit and strenghten the rest regardess of any personal view of it. That does not mean we still dont rage against that machine when we find ourselves in the minority.

Same with any title. What is it that really gives you that title? Society or a societal group? Consensus? Individual pride? A specific criteria as you say? Are you saying these thing are never subject to change? So is a Marine that earned his title in 1945 no longer a Marine because the requirements have changed in 2016? Does that change cause the title of Marine to lose its meaning? I dont think so because the Honorable brotherhood of Marines has said it does not and I, as a Member of that brotherhood, agree with that consensus.

Then stop arguing with Silas ever. You have no right to by your own admission. Oh and the requirements have changed? So you no longer have to go through a basic training and sign a contract with that branch of service? Huh funny cause I think thats been the requirement to earn that title since the begining of the Corps. The title has a requirement that has yet to change and is still something that is earned. Same with Jedi or Christian there are core things that are a requirement that I have explained already. Further if you think there are no morals no right and wrong then you have no right to say things like Hitler was bad or wrong and you must just agree with every petty tyrant and serial killer throughout history

Knight of the Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265129 by

MadHatter wrote: Then stop arguing with Silas ever. You have no right to by your own admission. Oh and the requirements have changed? So you no longer have to go through a basic training and sign a contract with that branch of service? Huh funny cause I think thats been the requirement to earn that title since the begining of the Corps. The title has a requirement that has yet to change and is still something that is earned. Same with Jedi or Christian there are core things that are a requirement that I have explained already. Further if you think there are no morals no right and wrong then you have no right to say things like Hitler was bad or wrong and you must just agree with every petty tyrant and serial killer throughout history

Lol excuse me? Who do you think you are in demanding I do anything? Im sorry your limited view of reality has left you unable to grasp the intended meaning of my words. I suggest you spend some time in meditation or contemplation or whatever other "plation" you personally deem worthy so that you may come to place where you can engage in an intelligent discourse instead of this petty posturing over some perceived slight you think i may have delivered. In other words, get over yourself dude. And if you think you have to earn something like the title Jedi well then you can count yourself among the great ones like Silas who has "earned" his title by demanding the blood of his targeted victims.

More
7 years 5 months ago #265130 by MadHatter

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

MadHatter wrote: Then stop arguing with Silas ever. You have no right to by your own admission. Oh and the requirements have changed? So you no longer have to go through a basic training and sign a contract with that branch of service? Huh funny cause I think thats been the requirement to earn that title since the begining of the Corps. The title has a requirement that has yet to change and is still something that is earned. Same with Jedi or Christian there are core things that are a requirement that I have explained already. Further if you think there are no morals no right and wrong then you have no right to say things like Hitler was bad or wrong and you must just agree with every petty tyrant and serial killer throughout history

Lol excuse me? Who do you think you are in demanding I do anything? Im sorry your limited view of reality has left you unable to grasp the intended meaning of my words. I suggest you spend some time in meditation or contemplation or whatever other "plation" you personally deem worthy so that you may come to place where you can engage in an intelligent discourse instead of this petty posturing over some perceived slight you think i may have delivered. In other words, get over yourself dude. And if you think you have to earn something like the title Jedi well then you can count yourself among the great ones like Silas who has "earned" his title by demanding the blood of his targeted victims.

HA! Yes because saying something takes earning by doing work and following a code is the same as calling for violence. Good false equivalency. Im sorry you do not like hypocrisy pointed out but if one says all things are relative and then barks at another like you have about something "not being right" then the actions is about as straight forward as a Janus mask. If you are going to sit there and say that there is nothing wrong with the actions of the likes of Pol Pot, Mao Ze Dong and the like but then complain about what Silas said I think there is something wrong. And that is exactly what you do by claiming some goof nothing means anything stance.

Knight of the Order

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi