Should jedi stay out of politcal office

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259152 by

Jestor wrote:

ren wrote: You cannot both serve the interests of a group of people (who have chosen and also pay you to do just that) and also be impartial. Light Jediism just never made sense to me for such reasons.

In the real world, in order to make true change, you must fight from within the system.

In the real world the system always wins.

Thus the reason to do it from within...

As I (and others) are a part of the system, we can try to implement change as we feel would be best...

Even if it is something as simple as getting tires for 'state bid' versus buying outright... Taxpayers win with 'state bid'...

I do agree with your "light jediism" doesnt make sense... Neither does "dark" for me, lol...

And, if you vote, you are a part of the system, just the very first part... lol...

You all know that Streen and I care passionately about this subject, and we both believe that it is in the best interests of Humanity and the planet to have a Jedi in a position of power. This is why we call for a democratically elected Council here at TotJO to start, and make TotJO more politically involved.

And, as a partial reply:

Djivad wrote: Being that this is a discussion within a federal recognized nonprofit (501c3 status), it might be noted that, while your personal beliefs and religious identity are yours to do with as you please in regards to public office, the TotJO cannot engage in supporting or endorsing one candidate over another, nor engage in lobbying legislation (there are some allowances; it comes down to a percentage of your overall budget). This is just part of the deal when you obtain 501c3 status. If you want to lobby, you create a 501c4, etc.

As well as to say, we (TOTJO) is not here to define the wide, wide world... We are here to help the individual find themselves...

You go ascibing jedi beliefs, no matter how profound you find them, to non-jedi, and you will find the same problems any other groups find when they do the same ( Sharia law )...

Look at the Christians upset as we remove 'God" from our laws... Had they remembered what this country was founded on, they would have not done ingrained God so much, lol...

As for TOTJO to be "democratic" we would have the same issues as the government has... Every four years, somethings change, old programs get dropped, as new leaders step in...

Obama had 8 years to implement a National Healthcare, and he got as far as he could, which was farther than Clinton... If your predecessor does not like your programs, they are scrapped...

We are placed here by our peers at the time of our appointment, this is a Non-for-profit corporation, not a democracy, and we are the board of directors...

If you think that you can do better than me, please, call for my resignation... If enough voices agree, I would step down... My ego is NOT tied up in this office... ;) I wouldnt be a sore loser, and would still contribute here... ;)

And, heck, you and Streen can go build yourselves a Jedi Website... Might be the most popular one... :)

Streen and I already have a website. Here is the link: www,jedicreed,com [edit removed the link, but thats the address]
Jestor, I would never dare say a word against you. You have helped me a lot here in the Temple. Nobody would ever call for you to stand down, you're too awesome.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #259155 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

ren wrote: In the real world the system always wins.

LOL sure, that's why we are still a part of the British Empire, right? B)

I was unaware that the American colonies voted themselves out of British domain.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259156 by

Manu wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

I was unaware that the American colonies voted themselves out of British domain.

The colonies weren't really allowed to vote. That's why we left. We had no say in how we were governed.

More
7 years 7 months ago #259162 by MadHatter

Manu wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

They didnt they bucked the systems and fought. That is why it was a counter to the original statement of the system always wins.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259187 by

Manu wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Of course they did. They got together and voted on whether to succeed from the Empire or not. That vote was in favor of succession to form their own nation. Of course they had to fight a war achieve this but that's one of the things that made it one of the most important decisions our founding fathers ever made.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259200 by

Silas Mercury wrote: Kyrin, would you vote for me, Trump, Carson, Christie, Clinton, O'Malley, Bush, Cruz or Rubio ?? Notice that i left Sanders out.

Given our two party system and the candidates we had at the first of the year Christie was a favorite of mine followed by Cruz. However in a more perfect world I also always look strongly at the Libertarian candidates and on occasion even the Green party. In a perfect world I would be a "Third Way" supporter. However our current political system does not afford such a luxury so I am stuck, like the rest of America, in picking the least offensive candidate. In this sort of two party system we must prioritize our issues according to urgency. For me issues like national defense, individual freedoms and promoting the general welfare of Americans with the least amount of intervention where govt does not involve itself in business or social issues are my priorities. So within this two party system my world view is one of a Republican slant. I don't like everything about the Republican party, mainly their conservative religious views that drive their social and environmental agendas, but those are farther down on the scale so I accept that " lesser evil" so that I may support the more important.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 7 months ago #259208 by Jestor

Kyrin wrote: However that also does not mean we cant work in a by-partisan way to resolve the issues we face.

I forgot to comment on this...

See, right now, "bi-partisan" would mean there are only two voices...

Democrats and Republicans...

And, that was the trouble with the last debate, it was ONLY bi-partisan, and should have been 'multi-partisan', and included the other candidates....

We have more to choose from then the two front runnners... ;)

TOTJO runs as a 'multi-partisan' (or you could just say independent) entity...

Its not Jestor Party versus Steamboat Party...

Its Jestor against Steamboat, against, Alex, against Adi, against Kyrin, against, against, against....

lol... :)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259209 by Edan

Jestor wrote:
Its Jestor against Steamboat, against, Alex, against Adi, against Kyrin, against, against, against....

lol... :)[/color]

When I read this I just imagined a hexagonal ring with one Jedi in each corner ready to fight ;)

Perhaps it should be 'as well as' rather than 'against'..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259210 by

Jestor wrote:

Kyrin wrote: However that also does not mean we cant work in a by-partisan way to resolve the issues we face.

I forgot to comment on this...

See, right now, "bi-partisan" would mean there are only two voices...

Democrats and Republicans...

Your right. I stand corrected. In fact I meant to say multi-partisan but that damn Trump got in my head and I lost my train of thought!!! B) :silly: ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #259265 by
I am in politics aswell , nobody pays me yet and thats great , nobody has me in his pocket and nobody ever will , i realise that when i get one a Parties paylist thing maybe would change , but i really hope it does not ...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/application/src/AbstractWebApplication.php" at line 405. in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php:473 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Session/Storage/JoomlaStorage.php(295): Joomla\Session\Storage\NativeStorage->start() #1 /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Session.php(406): Joomla\CMS\Session\Storage\JoomlaStorage->start() #2 /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Session.php(333): Joomla\Session\Session->start() #3 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Session/Session.php(194): Joomla\Session\Session->has() #4 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(544): Joomla\CMS\Session\Session->get() #5 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(240): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->getMessageQueue() #6 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Log/Logger/MessagequeueLogger.php(51): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->enqueueMessage() #7 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Log/Log.php(351): Joomla\CMS\Log\Logger\MessagequeueLogger->addEntry() #8 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Log/Log.php(176): Joomla\CMS\Log\Log->addLogEntry() #9 /var/www/html/libraries/src/Filesystem/File.php(311): Joomla\CMS\Log\Log::add() #10 /var/www/html/administrator/components/com_easysocial/includes/filecache/filecache.php(784): Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\File::delete() #11 /var/www/html/administrator/components/com_easysocial/includes/filecache/filecache.php(516): SocialFileCache->releaseLock() #12 [internal function]: SocialFileCache->writeCache() #13 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 473