On Racism (Split Topic)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255043 by
Replied by on topic On Racism (Split Topic)
I was not being racist to Americans. It's impossible. Believe it or not, Americans aren't a race. You're like the rest of us.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255045 by Wescli Wardest

sNe1a wrote:

steamboat28 wrote: Stuff

I am sorry, I was wrong. I understand that I was wrong as well.
Thanks for explaining that to me.

But it still doesn't excuse his racism towards Americans.

Americans are not a raceā€¦ we sometimes like to think we are! LOL :P
But it would be bias, or prejudice against us. And there are lots of reasons for it that we could spend all day speculating to; but, what good would it do us?
:unsure:
Know what I mean?
;)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Brick, sNe1a

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 7 months ago #255048 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Silas Mercury wrote: You're like the rest of us.

I'm not, I put my pants on 2 legs at a time and hop into my shoes....or does everyone do that? :laugh:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 7 months ago #255057 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic On Racism (Split Topic)
Oh Ryujin! You scamp! :laugh:

rugadd

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255076 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

And now i'm pretty sure this thread has derailed to the point it may be under amtrak's controll...

Actually I think it's hit the point of free floating in space.... Zero gravity and all that loveliness.

Edit: oooooo topic split. Good. Thanks!!

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Avalon.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255102 by Carlos.Martinez3
So many separations make s it hard to unite. Some don't want to and that's OK too!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255103 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic On Racism (Split Topic)
Silas Mercury

when you say "slavery" you are talking about the slavery of africans on the n american continent under white american land owners --but what you dont realize is that this is a very small piece of the overall reality of slavery - a small piece even of transatlantic slavery, because brazil and the west indies received far more slaves than america did

the custom of owning slaves goes back to before recorded history, and every "race" has done it

http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?ParagraphID=cio

http://www.shelbycountyhistory.org/schs/blackhistory/originslavery.htm

asians have owned slaves, arabs have owned slaves, muslims (of many races) have owned slaves, africans owned slaves (and sold them to europeans), native americans owned slaves, india made an entire class of peolpe into essentially slaves and punching bags for anyone above them (the untouchable caste of india)

you speak of only the most recent slavery as if it is some kind of injunction on all whites, everywhere, but "whites" didnt create slavery and "white people" arent responsible for it
if you really want to talk about "white people"'s influence on it, you would have to also say that white people were the ones who made it illegal - in other words, white people didnt invent slavery; they used it for a little while, like everyone else, and then said "this is a terrible idea" and ended it

what do you think of that?

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255107 by
Replied by on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

steamboat28 wrote: (except those girls that drink Pumpkin-spice Starbucks and Fireball in their Ugg boots with yoga pants)

A shot of fireball in my Pumpkin Spice Latte......why didn't I think of this before......!

More
7 years 7 months ago #255130 by Codama
Replied by Codama on topic On Racism (Split Topic)
Not sure what the thread is about anymore. But, to be sure i hit most of the points.

1) I def agree with the video. She's on point.
2) I have Native American friends.

Race has been a hot topic in "America" for a long time (yeah it's a big issue everywhere)(I only have experiences in America tho). No matter what evidence is brought to the table to prove who is at fault, there is never a collective resolution. Since there will never be a collective decision pin pointing Where it went wrong and who is at fault...it would be more benificial to be solutions to the tiring (exhaustive) issue of Race Relations. I believe that if I focus on My own actions and thoughts/words...and not be a source for racism nor let it feed off my attention to find an originator then i'm helping towards it's non existence. I also believe that if a person thinks racism will always be an issue...then they are not helping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, OB1Shinobi, x57z12

More
7 years 7 months ago #255131 by Carlos.Martinez3

RyuJin wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: You're like the rest of us.

I'm not, I put my pants on 2 legs at a time and hop into my shoes....or does everyone do that? :laugh:

I lay down some times and wiggle in em just to make my boy laugh, does that count?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi