On Racism (Split Topic)

More
7 years 7 months ago #255020 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic On Racism (Split Topic)
I'm cherokee, french, italian and mexican...would you classify me as whitey?

Poor taste, Silas. Let's realign with constructive dialogue.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin, Jestor, Brick, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255021 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Silas Mercury wrote: So you're saying that whitey isn't the problem ??

If that's all you got out of that post, it may be that you're having trouble parsing information on some level. Such is common in forums. Give it another shot.

Also, can we split this topic around this whole "whiteness" issue? Because I have rants for days on that shite, and I don't want to derail this conversation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, x57z12

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255022 by
Replied by on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

sNe1a wrote:
I am done with this thread, and you should really consider being done with this whole site, Silas. You are a Sith and Siths do not belong in a Light Side community.

Seriously ?? Does anyone else here think that I'm a Sith Lord ?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 7 months ago #255023 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic On Racism (Split Topic)
Hmm, i'm German/irish/cheyenne indian...my grandfather fled Germany and joined the u.s. army because he didn't agree with hitler's ideals of aryan supremacy....my genetic father's family immigrated to the u.s. in 1638 and married into the indigenous people....not everyone with white skin is how some seem to think of them...my family has never had slaves nor ever condoned it (admittedly they had servants, but there is a difference between a servant and a slave) why should I be held accountable for slavery? My family has always stood up for those that couldn't stand for themselves...

And now i'm pretty sure this thread has derailed to the point it may be under amtrak's controll...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi, Rex

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255032 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

sNe1a wrote: I was threatening for the good of the forum, and if racism isn't banable then it should be.

I am done with this thread, and you should really consider being done with this whole site, Silas. You are a Sith and Siths do not belong in a Light Side community.

sNe1a, I have a few responses to this, so please bear with me:
  • Racism against "white people" is not the same kind of racism other races experience due to the overwhelming cultural momentum of white privilege in the Western world. It exists, but it cannot properly be compared to the experiences of any other "race."
  • "Race" is a social construct that is most commonly a combination of religion, culture, national or continental origin, and skin color. It's not in any way a real, actual, defining category except as a compilation crib-sheet of those demographics.
  • "White people" don't exist. Period. In fact, the term "white people" is racist (see above) af, because it erases the heritage of the individual CiQ ("cracker-in-question"). There is no homogeneous "white culture" anywhere in the world (except those girls that drink Pumpkin-spice Starbucks and Fireball in their Ugg boots with yoga pants) because people perceived as "white" actually hail(ed) from such a variety of places in Eurasia and live(d) in such vastly different circumstances that it is impossible to settle in on even what "White Culture" would look like in the US, let alone the world. "Black culture" in the US is at least definable in that it is the historical and cultural story of how a specific group of people (slaves and former slaves) and their descendents reacted to the combination of their original culture and their slavemasters' cultures, which was then left to simmer for a few centuries. It's not homogeneous either, but one can at least discuss it based on similarities. "White people" don't even have that.
  • Threatening people does not endear you to people. Period.
  • You are not an admin. Also pretty self-explanatory.
  • Sith are welcome here. This is not exclusively a "light-side community." Please check your expectations at the door.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Kit, OB1Shinobi, Yugen, Rex, sNe1a,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255034 by

steamboat28 wrote:

sNe1a wrote: I was threatening for the good of the forum, and if racism isn't banable then it should be.

sNe1a, I have a few responses to this, so please bear with me:
  • Racism against "white people" is not the same kind of racism other races experience due to the overwhelming cultural momentum of white privilege in the Western world. It exists, but it cannot properly be compared to the experiences of any other "race."
  • "Race" is a social construct that is most commonly a combination of religion, culture, national or continental origin, and skin color. It's not in any way a real, actual, defining category except as a compilation crib-sheet of those demographics.
  • "White people" don't exist. Period. In fact, the term "white people" is racist (see above) af, because it erases the heritage of the individual CiQ ("cracker-in-question"). There is no homogeneous "white culture" anywhere in the world (except those girls that drink Pumpkin-spice Starbucks and Fireball in their Ugg boots with yoga pants) because people perceived as "white" actually hail(ed) from such a variety of places in Eurasia and live(d) in such vastly different circumstances that it is impossible to settle in on even what "White Culture" would look like in the US, let alone the world. "Black culture" in the US is at least definable in that it is the historical and cultural story of how a specific group of people (slaves and former slaves) and their descendents reacted to the combination of their original culture and their slavemasters' cultures, which was then left to simmer for a few centuries. It's not homogeneous either, but one can at least discuss it based on similarities. "White people" don't even have that.
  • Threatening people does not endear you to people. Period.
  • You are not an admin. Also pretty self-explanatory.
  • Sith are welcome here. This is not exclusively a "light-side community." Please check your expectations at the door.

Thank you for explaining this to Sne1a, maybe they will realise now that I'm not Adolf Hitler dressed as Donald Trump dressed as Silas Mercury.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255036 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Silas Mercury wrote: ...I'm not Adolf Hitler dressed as Donald Trump dressed as Silas Mercury.

No, you're not. Though thanks to that sentence I am now picturing it :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Rex, sNe1a

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255037 by

Brick wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: ...I'm not Adolf Hitler dressed as Donald Trump dressed as Silas Mercury.

:laugh: :laugh:

More
7 years 7 months ago #255040 by sNe1a
Replied by sNe1a on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

steamboat28 wrote: Stuff

I am sorry, I was wrong. I understand that I was wrong as well.
Thanks for explaining that to me.

But it still doesn't excuse his racism towards Americans.

Oof
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
7 years 7 months ago #255042 by sNe1a
Replied by sNe1a on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Brick wrote:

Haha, yeah that's a funny picture :laugh: :laugh:

Oof

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi