https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F8i7E7rVP8

This could be said about RACE< RELIGION< ETHNICITY<COUNTRY OF ORIGIN etc
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254993 by
Replied by on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Gwinn wrote: I've never even met a Native American.

This is because the white man has wiped them almost to extinction.

More
7 years 7 months ago #255002 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Silas Mercury wrote: This is because the white man has wiped them almost to extinction.

Okay, while this is mostly factually true, it's also not accurate. While I appreciate sticking up for the Natives, I will remind everyone gently that smallpox, guns, and forced relocation aren't the only reasons for the decline of the Native American people.

Other reasons include things like modern apathy toward Native struggles, inferior housing, the draw of non-Native lifestyles to Native children who grew up impoverished, and (imo, most importantly) having children who aren't full Native American. That last one is kinda the reason I'm here. In fact, I haven't met anyone native to my region that isn't also Native to this region.

Much of this "stick up for the red man" song-and-dance is very much like a lot of the "white people are evil because slavery" number. It isn't that either of them are wrong or incorrect. It's that both of them ignore the current, urgent plight of these people by refusing to focus on anything but the past. While the past is responsible for the situations that currently exist (Native Americans getting shafted by the federal gov't and shuffled off to live in poverty; widespread prejudice keeping most black citizens in positions that got increasingly difficult to escape financially, etc.), the past is not the present.

This isn't directed at you, Silas, but it's a general statement: I'm getting sick and tired of people wanting to harp on whitey for mistakes that no one can change in an effort to ignore the very real problems that we can. That kind of temporal ignorance is perpetuating the problem for future generations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Jestor, Rosalyn J, OB1Shinobi, Brick, sNe1a, x57z12

More
7 years 7 months ago #255008 by sNe1a
Replied by sNe1a on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Silas Mercury wrote:

Like I said, STOP BEING RACIST TO THOSE WHO ARE WHITE. I swear to the Force that flows through everything that I will make damn sure you get banned by the admins if you don't stop. Got that? You are really pissing people off.

Act like an adult. Or else.

Oof

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 7 months ago #255011 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Silas Mercury wrote: Ok. I'll honestly try to stop ranting about americans. I'm not anti-American. I just think that the power the have is in the hands of the wrong people, and history has made some of their people crazy. I'm not really a fan of the white person altogether. (Not racist, I am white), but, that's what I think. There you go.

Yes a good bit of our power is in the wrong hands, and whenever someone points it out or takes a stand they're branded a traitor, or crazy or some other derogatory term....those with power are afraid to lose that power and in our case they have burdened us with countless laws to ensure we cannot take that power away...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255013 by Wescli Wardest
Calm sNe1a… we’re watching. ;)

[hr]
I have quite a bit of Native American in my blood. The reason there’s not more is not because someone came by and wiped it out of me… it’s because it has been diluted with the blood of many other wonderful cultures as well.

The Saxons “wiped out” the inhabitants of Briton. The French then bread the royal family till it almost isn’t British. The Germanic tribes wiped out the Romans and intermingled with the rest of Europe and watered down their lines… the exact same thing can be seen in every culture all throughout history. Even in the Asian continents and especially in the Pacific Island chains.

Holding offense of those that have long since passed, by those that are not alive to offend, is why we have labored in this quagmire of social disparity. History is there to teach us, not dictate our endeavors. And until the tribal mentality can be overcome, individuals learn to accept what was is not what is and personal accountability is not as vial a concept; we will forever be bogged down with social stigmas and petty prejudices that have caused the individual to view the world through racist eyes.

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Wescli Wardest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin, , Brick, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255015 by

sNe1a wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote:

Like I said, STOP BEING RACIST TO THOSE WHO ARE WHITE. I swear to the Force that flows through everything that I will make damn sure you get banned by the admins if you don't stop. Got that? You are really pissing people off.

Act like an adult. Or else.

Was that a threat ?? Nothing I have said is banable. Threatening me might be though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255016 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: This is because the white man has wiped them almost to extinction.

Okay, while this is mostly factually true, it's also not accurate. While I appreciate sticking up for the Natives, I will remind everyone gently that smallpox, guns, and forced relocation aren't the only reasons for the decline of the Native American people.

Other reasons include things like modern apathy toward Native struggles, inferior housing, the draw of non-Native lifestyles to Native children who grew up impoverished, and (imo, most importantly) having children who aren't full Native American. That last one is kinda the reason I'm here. In fact, I haven't met anyone native to my region that isn't also Native to this region.

Much of this "stick up for the red man" song-and-dance is very much like a lot of the "white people are evil because slavery" number. It isn't that either of them are wrong or incorrect. It's that both of them ignore the current, urgent plight of these people by refusing to focus on anything but the past. While the past is responsible for the situations that currently exist (Native Americans getting shafted by the federal gov't and shuffled off to live in poverty; widespread prejudice keeping most black citizens in positions that got increasingly difficult to escape financially, etc.), the past is not the present.

This isn't directed at you, Silas, but it's a general statement: I'm getting sick and tired of people wanting to harp on whitey for mistakes that no one can change in an effort to ignore the very real problems that we can. That kind of temporal ignorance is perpetuating the problem for future generations.

So you're saying that whitey isn't the problem ??

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255017 by sNe1a
Replied by sNe1a on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Silas Mercury wrote: Was that a threat ?? Nothing I have said is banable. Threatening me might be though.

I was threatening for the good of the forum, and if racism isn't banable then it should be.

I am done with this thread, and you should really consider being done with this whole site, Silas. You are a Sith and Siths do not belong in a Light Side community.

Oof
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by sNe1a. Reason: Needed to add something in

More
7 years 7 months ago #255019 by Wescli Wardest

Silas Mercury wrote:

Was that a threat ?? Nothing I have said is banable. Threatening me might be though.

We...

Are the ones that decide what is "banable."

;)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, rugadd, Zenchi, Brick, Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi