My 3-year-old brother doing telekinesis

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249534 by
He's much better then me. I think it's because a child's mind is untainted by social programming. I hope some day he will look back on this video and see what he is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TtpjTv1oK0&feature=youtu.be

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249564 by Gisteron
I sure hope that kid goes to school one day... where he can be brainwashed with things like heat differentials and air motion and unstable mechanical systems like aluminium sheets on needles.
In the meantime, try psy wheels. They are easy to make, you can make them from paper which is cheaper and as a result their motion looks a lot more like induced by the wizard and not by coincidence. In fact, had you folded the foil sheet like a psy wheel for your brother, you could have gotten a much more impressive display, at least in the eyes of someone who didn't go to school.

See, the thing about nature is this: Whether we try to break it or not, it will do its thing for as long as it is possible to do so. Magical abilities, much like miracles, can really only ever be a suspension of natural law, never their application. Now, we can debate all night whether the screen you are seeing this text on, which is transparently a result of ingenious application of natural law is more impressive than some suspension of it could be. I for one find the fact that our world has unbreakable rules far more impressive than what I think the alternative would be like, because a world with breakable laws is a world without any laws and in such a world no feat is remarkable. But if you want to demonstrate to us how this world does in fact not have rules, the way to go about it is breaking what we think are rules. For that it would help to understand what they are and why they are and what it takes to disprove them. Just like no paradigm shift in evolutionary biology is likely to come about through a creationist so will no overthrow of physics come from a three-year-old and their brother's delusion. True telekinesis, if it is possible, will be first performed by somebody who knows what they are talking about, or are at least versed enough and have cunning enough to fool all of their peers. They will no doubt know more about parlour tricks than you do, too.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Avalon, Rex, Leah Starspectre

More
7 years 8 months ago #249659 by Carlos.Martinez3
Even stranger is the Fathers of Flight had no working knowledge or funds or availability even, just what was burning in their heart and yet they flew before the never now un popular Samuel Langley. If some one was any one, Samuel knew what he was talking about. Yet , the bike store guys are called...Fathers. There are many "unknowledgeable" people who accomplish things on a daily basis. I cant see the Video Ryder, first chance I get I will! Conection Problems.I will! Keep em coning Bro! I love to see and learn about new and different Potentials, especially when they are logged and family is involved!
Be well Ryder!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 8 months ago #249679 by Gisteron
I'm not saying one necessarily has to be any sort of educated elite to accomplish something. Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while. All I'm saying is it takes a very special kind of arrogance to claim the power to suspend the natural order while in the meantime struggling to get some of the cheapest tricks even that little kid barely falls for right, let alone video editing. You see, of course it doesn't take anything like a rocket engineer to assemble an IKEA cupboard, but if you can't even so much as operate a screwdriver, I ain't holding my breath.

Of course, alternatively, we can also make this about the whole lying to children thing, though something tells me we might hear a voice in favour of that soon enough as well...

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249687 by
This message contains confidential information
Whether or not you believe in it, I DO. You can oppose that, but acting like I DON'T believe in it is just pathetic.

Edited for personal attack
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Jestor.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249688 by OB1Shinobi

Ryder wrote: He's much better then me. I think it's because a child's mind is untainted by social programming. I hope some day he will look back on this video and see what he is capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TtpjTv1oK0&feature=youtu.be

i think its obvious to most of the viewers that your brother is blowing on the foil

my question is "did you realize that?"

how i respond to the video depends on your answer

although, when i think of how childish i was when i was a child, i have a hard time begrudging children for being childish

MEANNESS i begrudge, sometimes

EDIT

if you DIDNT realize he was blowing on the foil, dont be too mad at him: you did kind of pester him into it lol
in a way, he was just trying to make you happy

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249689 by
No, if you look closely towards the end, he held his breath and then exhaled after he was done moving it. He then took several deep breathes and told me he was sleepy, probably from lack of air.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249690 by
No, if you look closely towards the end, he held his breath and then exhaled after he was done moving it. He then took several deep breaths and told me he was sleepy, probably from lack of air.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249691 by Gisteron
Within the confines of the site's rules and applicable laws of the land I'll act any way I bloody well please, with and without anyone's permission, dear sir, thank you very much. You are in the meantime free to ignore me or to block me, even to report any and all of my posts where ever you find they are stretching the rules just a wee bit too far, all at your own discretion.

Now, my challenge from chat still stands, and if you are sincere, you should have no reason to refuse it: Repeat your experiment with a room at body temperature or - better yet - with the object to be moved suspended in a low-pressure environment (I see some very decent amateur lab vacuum pumps starting around 60USD). Every air flow and heat explanation would be ruled out that way and you'll have an actually peculiar case on your hands none of us could dismiss pending more data.

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249692 by OB1Shinobi
sorry friend, he breathed on the foil

i would suggest not to even bother him with it anymore, but if you feel you need to prove it, have him wear a motorcycle helmet or paintball mask

hockey mask maybe, or one of those halloween masks that only have holes for the eyes

or put the foil inside of an aquarium or just have some barrier between it and him

anything that would make it impossible for him to breath on the foil

he might be a trickster naturally (there was definitely a smile in there lol) but he's doing it because youre making him; he just wanted to sit on the bed with the pillow lol

i would say just let it go

but what youre going to find is that if you reduce his ability to blow on the foil, its going to become more and more difficult to get him to cooperate

i dont know if he would fess up to what hes doing or if he'd just find some way to refuse to play along but theres no way he can move anything with his mind, except in the sense that he "figures it out" (which is also moving things with our minds, if you think about it) and if you set this up in a way that really forces him to use telekinesis or fail, he will fail

id say dont ruin the gag lol

take it in fun, like this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH9PpNjE3gA

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi