A path before/alongside jediism?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #226319 by Yugen
Did you follow a diffrent philosophy or religion then Jediism before you became a Jedi?
Like paganism, islam, christianity, taoism etc..
Or maybe you still do, in that case, do you have any problems with follwing two religions/philosophies?

I personally used to be a Zen Buddhist, then i found Jediism and i eventually turned to Jediism. I do still apply some zen ideas to Jediism, but it isn't really a problem because Jediism and Zen are quite similar.

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Yugen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #226326 by
Replied by on topic A path before/alongside jediism?
I grew up Christian, though not very devote, and still am to a degree. I have no problem with following both as the teachings of Christ are very Jedi in nature. It also helps to think of them all as metaphors instead of a factual accounting of events. I am, as time goes on, letting Christianity go more and more and being more "purely" Jedi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #226328 by
Replied by on topic A path before/alongside jediism?
Yes, I am a practicing Shambhala Buddhist. It was created by a Tibetan Lama to be a powerful secular form of Buddhism for the Western World.

Fits extremely, EXTREMELY well with Jediism. And, the reason I do it is mostly because I have Shambhala right down the street from me. And a sangha (or a group of people who support you in your path), in person, close to you, is amazingly helpful.

More
8 years 3 months ago #226347 by Edan
Well most by now probably know about my satanic path, and perhaps about the fact I go to Quakers too. They are part of my whole.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 3 months ago #226349 by steamboat28
I'm a Messianic, Abrahamic, animistic panenthistic sort of chap. I grew up Christian, and still am an esoteric sort, but I've cobbled my faith together from Zen, Taoism, Shinto, Shamanism, and a handful of others, in every place that those others explained what i'd already found better than anything else.

More
8 years 3 months ago #226357 by Lykeios Little Raven
I was raised Christian then left that faith for paganism. After a period of "seeking" I found Hellenic Polytheism and have maintained a belief in the Greek Gods and Goddesses ever since. I have no problem meshing the two belief systems at all. In fact, I find that Jediism adds to the beliefs I already have and vice versa.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #226361 by Yugen

Edan wrote: Well most by now probably know about my satanic path, and perhaps about the fact I go to Quakers too. They are part of my whole.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

If i may ask, are/were you engaged in the COS or something alike?

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Yugen.

More
8 years 3 months ago #226380 by Edan

Bareus wrote:

Edan wrote: Well most by now probably know about my satanic path, and perhaps about the fact I go to Quakers too. They are part of my whole

If i may ask, are/were you engaged in the COS or something alike?

Though I know of their literature etc I don't affiliate with or belong to any particular group. I do like the Satanic Temple though.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

More
8 years 3 months ago #226383 by Kit

Bareus wrote: Did you follow a diffrent philosophy or religion then Jediism before you became a Jedi?

I was raised in the New Apostolic Church.

Bareus wrote: Or maybe you still do, in that case, do you have any problems with follwing two religions/philosophies?

I follow a shamanic path for my spirituality. There's not really much to reconcile.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #226389 by Adder
I was raised Roman Catholic and had a few lessons with nuns etc as a kid, then read a book about Zen, and then in 1989 I started reading anything I could get my hands on about Tibetan Buddhism & Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and have never stopped!!!!

Thank goodness the internet arrived, but like many others here I have both read and practiced parts of just about every flavour of spirituality. Other then online, the only things I've done briefly in physical people group's is RC Church, Gelug Tibetan Buddhism, Taoist QiGong, Saraswati Order Yoga, a few new age things, and some entheogenic shamanism.

So these days alongside Jediism I get most fun out of pretending to consolidate the different systems of Tibetan Buddhism and then compare that outwards to other traditions around the world. My little Gen1 iPad is full of Tibetan PDF and I can most often be found sitting reading it while scribbling into my two notebooks full of notes. Luckily it continues to really inform my Jedi path, but one day I'll just stop and forget it all
:silly:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Adder.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php/sessions) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/libraries/vendor/joomla/session/src/Storage/NativeStorage.php on line 135