A path before/alongside jediism?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #226396 by
Replied by on topic A path before/alongside jediism?
Nacido, criado y consagrado en la fe católica, un día empecé a cuestionar los fundamentos de dicha Iglesia y entré en contacto con otros cultos.
Con el tiempo creo que entendí la idea de fondo que la mayoría de las religiones intenta plasmar: todo está conectado en un ciclo infinito a la misma energía fundamental y cada punto en el lienzo cósmico es único.

Y creo que lo fascinante de la fe en la Fuerza es justamente eso, que saca a dios de una figura personalizada para abstraerla a la idea de energía, una energía a la cual hay que adecuarse. Y esa idea hasta donde sé no entra en conflicto con ningún dogma.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #226750 by Whyte Horse

Bareus wrote: Did you follow a diffrent philosophy or religion then Jediism before you became a Jedi?
Like paganism, islam, christianity, taoism etc..
Or maybe you still do, in that case, do you have any problems with follwing two religions/philosophies?

I personally used to be a Zen Buddhist, then i found Jediism and i eventually turned to Jediism. I do still apply some zen ideas to Jediism, but it isn't really a problem because Jediism and Zen are quite similar.

Obviously, we all followed a different path before we met Jediism because there was no Jedi path for us before. Personally, I was on a buddhist path when I found totjo, but I wasn't really on that path. I was just exploring the world and by some "random accident" ended up here.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #226831 by
I was born and raised Baptist. Saved, baptized, and on my way to become a youth minister. I had a more liberal view of the religion though, especially in a Baptist church. Many of the views didn't feel right. Now I'm a zen buddhist/christian/daoist/Jew... I'll just stick with Jedi. Hahaha.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #226838 by
I was (and still am) an atheist. I still cling to my love of science and fact and logic. Give me all the knowledge in the library over "mystery" and voodoo. Further, I've always hated the idea of "faith". Baloney. Show me something with a spreadsheet and a pie graph if you want my attention. Give me equations.

It turns out that Jediism has given me the most reasonable (in my opinion) explanation for why the universe is here yet. I've never been able to accept the Big Bang thing just because it didn't explain what caused THAT to happen well enough for me. But Jediism's idea that it always was... or rather, never wasn't, and recycles, and that every explanation we can give for it is just a metaphor because we could never REALLY grasp the true math of it... that is something my cold, calculating, baby-eating atheist heart can make some sense of... a true starting point.

The doctrines and positive ideas about how to live life with grace and clarity are just the icing on the cake. It's like reading a fortune cookie or reading a horoscope to me... it's just ALWAYS good advice to not be a jerk :) And I like rules and numbered lists :)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #226840 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote: I was (and still am) an atheist. I still cling to my love of science and fact and logic. Give me all the knowledge in the library over "mystery" and voodoo. Further, I've always hated the idea of "faith". Baloney. Show me something with a spreadsheet and a pie graph if you want my attention. Give me equations.

It turns out that Jediism has given me the most reasonable (in my opinion) explanation for why the universe is here yet. I've never been able to accept the Big Bang thing just because it didn't explain what caused THAT to happen well enough for me. But Jediism's idea that it always was... or rather, never wasn't, and recycles, and that every explanation we can give for it is just a metaphor because we could never REALLY grasp the true math of it... that is something my cold, calculating, baby-eating atheist heart can make some sense of... a true starting point.

That view is called the Big Bounce. A great theory.

I might have faith but that doesn't take away from my love of math or science. I enjoy learning anything I can about the universe.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #226843 by

JLSpinner wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote: I was (and still am) an atheist. I still cling to my love of science and fact and logic. Give me all the knowledge in the library over "mystery" and voodoo. Further, I've always hated the idea of "faith". Baloney. Show me something with a spreadsheet and a pie graph if you want my attention. Give me equations.

That view is called the Big Bounce. A great theory.

lol, I love it!

I might have faith but that doesn't take away from my love of math or science. I enjoy learning anything I can about the universe.

I didn't mean to offend by implying there was anything wrong with faith... there absolutely isn't (I realize that I said in the last post I hate "the idea of faith", and I meant for myself, not others; sorry about the insensitive wording). I just have trouble with it myself. I would never look down on anyone for claiming it.

Besides, who am I to ever tell anyone what they should believe? I'm surfing the same waves they are. I only see my part of the curl.... maybe they see more.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #226846 by
Also, I'm realizing now that saying Jediism's doctrine is "like a fortune cookie or a horoscope" could be taken offensively, as if I think I'm above it in some way. I apologize for the poor choice of analogy and promise that I don't believe that in the slightest. I take it very seriously.

I can't think of a better way to word it, but I really, really hope that my true intent comes through.

*shuts up now*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #226850 by
Hey snowy,

Why do you feel you need an explanation for everything? Do you think its ok to sometimes say we just dont know? We are always exploring the edge of our knowledge and learning more about the universe every day but we dont know it all. What were to happen if one day science were to explain what happened before the big bang? Would you stop being a Jedi?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #226851 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Hey snowy,

Why do you feel you need an explanation for everything? Do you think its ok to sometimes say we just dont know? We are always exploring the edge of our knowledge and learning more about the universe every day but we dont know it all. What were to happen if one day science were to explain what happened before the big bang? Would you stop being a Jedi?

Well, even then there would have to be something that caused that thing to happen. There's no end to needing to explain things when it comes to science, imo. It's kinda exhausting. But the fact that science is trying means something to me.

The alternative seems to be to stop trying to explain any of it and just believe in something without trying at all. Idk, I just don't like the idea of rolling over and giving up like that.

Idk.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #226852 by
Yes, i agree somewhat. Your talking about the concept of infinate regession. But by simply inserting "Jediism" into the gap of our lack of knowledge arent you actually taking solace in the very thing you claim to despise? That thing being faith? You are inserting a philosophical concept to bridge your gap of knowledge - the very definition of faith.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi