Helping others.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10248 by
Replied by on topic Re:Helping others.
I like Sincrad's idea alot if people are serious about being a religion then there is alot of things we can do

Red Cross looks like a great way to help others i've heard alot of heroics on their part from every corner of the world.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 months ago #10249 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Helping others.
Sincrad wrote:

Jon wrote:

There are hundereds of members here and if the Temple picked one \"Charity\" or organization to \"support\", someone might feel that their charity or organization would have been a better choice and then there could be hurt feelings and division.

mtfbey

Not quite.That would only happen if we picked one charity.If we help a number of them than we look like we really want to help and they cant expect us to help them all.

Also i was thinking of assigning Jedi to surten charities.Lastly for the Jedi that really want to get into the action maybe they can join the red cross or become national guard volunteer.

DEAR BR.SINCRAD, THIS QUOTE IS NOT FROM ME (JON). THIS IS ORIGIONALLY FROM MARUK.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10255 by
OPSS...im very sorry.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10259 by
Perhaps if we got involved with the red cross as Jedi, we might be shed in the publics light better. I mean could you hear the caption for that already 'Jedi to the Rescue with Red Cross' or something along that line. Once we start to help others in the name of the faith we are going to get publisized and big.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10304 by
Finaly I have a good idea.Im thinking that ill join as soon as i have my ducks in a row.Maybe after all my schooling is done.
\"publisized and big.\"
oooo that sounds nice.Still how will they know it in the name of the Jedi faith? Are we planing on wearing Jedi robs.I mean most religion have some way of showing who their followers are?Then again if we do wear jedi robs we might not be taken seriously.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10306 by
No if you choose to volenteer get a group of people together and tell them what you are there for and who you are there for. Church's and the like volenteer all the time, but because so many people do it you would never know, but a Jedi Church? No one has ever heard of that, well media speaking at least. You just need a group of people and then to go to the red cross and find out how you can help as an organized group. Well, i have seen it done on TV and what not, lol. It's good in theory. Perhaps someone should look into this more in depth so we aren't just speculating. We all know what happens when some 'AssUMe\"s anything.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi