Helping others.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10135 by
Replied by on topic Re:Helping others.
I must agree, and i as well as everyone else i am sure know that you did not mean to use a word that seems so insulting. But i must admit that the only way to know about us is by internet and it is a shame, i thought of something though, perhaps i will make a myspace for the temple, this way, if everyone who has a myspace account add them to it, and even one person sees it and follows the link, things will spread rather quickly. Perhaps this should be done, if there are no volenteers i would like to get started on this this weekend if that is alright with the other masters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10147 by
Yes i made a mistake in the wording i chose you put what i thought into much better context Anora^una, it's a shame, and i agree with the myspace although i don't use that it is a good means or promoting ourselves and showing other people that we are real.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #10149 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Helping others.
I agree with your concern about our world and have been siving my brain about what we could do despite our limited resources. Well there are sponsored activities (for example, a few years ago there was the marathon organised by Band Aid for Ethiopia) where we could present our standing as Jedi; working say at clothes depots, sorting out decent clothes for the third world, and at the same time explaining where we are from. Just to mention a few.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 16 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10150 by
Hi all.Ive been away for a long time so bear with me.
At one point I felt just like all of you.I felt that to call my self a Jedi I should be doing more for the world.I also felt like this site was holding me back.At one point I stopped and looked at what this site did for me.Ive become a Jedi Knight and since then I've treated other better and have lost the fear to say that I trust in the force.So what I'm really saying is that right now we are few and spread out BUT just by coming here I've helped my self find a path and I've become ready to do whats right and whats fair.For now I think thats enough.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10151 by
The world around us is falling apart, i have a very bad feeling about the next few years, if you feel good about life and yourself, im happy for you but me.. im not.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 3 months ago #10152 by Jon
Sincrad wrote:

Hi all.Ive been away for a long time so bear with me.
At one point I felt just like all of you.I felt that to call my self a Jedi I should be doing more for the world.I also felt like this site was holding me back.At one point I stopped and looked at what this site did for me.Ive become a Jedi Knight and since then I've treated other better and have lost the fear to say that I trust in the force.So what I'm really saying is that right now we are few and spread out BUT just by coming here I've helped my self find a path and I've become ready to do whats right and whats fair.For now I think thats enough.

Hi Sincrad, nice to have you back. You spoke my mind. Just being here has changed my behaviour and action with others, who in turn also may pass on their experience. A kind of chain reaction.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 3 months ago #10153 by Jon
Strji Towoo wrote:

The world around us is falling apart, i have a very bad feeling about the next few years, if you feel good about life and yourself, im happy for you but me.. im not.

Well thats ok. Everyone has their reasons about the way they feel. I was also thinking Strji Towoo just recently we had a thread on Kenya and on global warming, maybe we could make a spot where info is put in concerning world issues.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10154 by
Nah thats just normal paranoia every one has that.Its ok to mind the future just dont let it affect you.The thing about the next few years is that I've been hearing that since I was very little.Also people have been saying that through out history.
Still you have a point.It has become easier to destroy one another.On the other hand I think youll have plenty of time to think about that when the time comes.
For now we should start small...helping people in our community is a good start and if you see the random purse snatcher I suggest you assess the situation first before you act.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10155 by
Im more of an act now think later kind of person. Yes it is alot easier to kill and not feel guilty about it the world is changing very rapidly, people seem to thrive on violence, world war 3 is not far off in my mind.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10156 by
I like to think that I'm the same way.Yet you cant act if there is nothing to act upon.Unless your looking for trouble.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi