Helping others.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10187 by
Replied by on topic Re:Helping others.
If were doing good in the world, should we be too concerned with what the media or to an extent the public have to say?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10188 by
Also what does 'Karma: 2' mean?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10189 by
It means that people have given you kudos, on here it is called Karma, they liked what they read, saw, etc so thought that they would give you props. We shouldn't but many people do. Also we have to be careful with what we do. Some things may seem good but end up being bad. Also, we would need a means of funding ourselves, and members donations are far from enough.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10192 by
thats an easy fix if we had a HQ.We dont need to go out and do battle in the name of anything.Id say the best way we can help people out and our selfs is to give people what we know.We are growing so im sure we a have Martial arts teacher,tutors ,and big brother type volunteers that would love to give time to teach others.That way the people we help will donate money and we will become one with the people.In this way we help others by passing on our knowledge witch may catch the eyes of some businesses willing to help us.

GLAdos From the game PORTAL \"Thank you for helping us help you help us all!\"

Still we would need a place.John are you the owner of the space the government have us to build our temple or is it up for grabs to the any other site like ours?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #10193 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Helping others.
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

WIth that said i was thinking that maybe we could start doing lots of little things in the name of the Temple, not to where we get publicised for it because that could be detrimental for our cause, esp if we attempt something here in Cali where the news reporters are constantly attempting to get new stories and who knows where they could take a charitble story about Jedi's. But maybe if we slowly build our foundation and then do something big we won't be so ridiculed by the public at large, a good foundation is fundamental for growth. Also, should our religion get to a certain size we may wish to consider appointing a Jedi council, i know that will be in the future, probably distant future but we could do the democracy thing and vote for the council, and it doesn't have to be a certain size, perhaps each groups could pick a person to be on it. Just some random thoughts, i get the feeling that we won't be taken seriously in the long run if we aren't organized.

As far as a concil is concerned, we had this discussion and decided against. Sure, if it is an issue then for the future. This is why we have the Arch-Bishops who if neccessary are consulted. We try and with success have put our trust in the Temple`s own dynamism. Responsability and initiative are key issues, not control or command. There has been no issue at the present which has proved the contrary.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 16 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10198 by
I understand and that is why i ment in the distant future. I mean we don't really need any uniting person or group for us to be focused but in the future we might and we should have it in mind that we may one day need a unifying group of people/individual to step up and lead us. i am not saying it is needed now but someday it may be necisary as most possitions of 'power' are created out of nesecity.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10207 by
I think that this site does provide a great service to our local communities and to the world at large. This site trains Jedi. Jedi from all over the world are able to learn and exchange ideas freely. If after reading these post you as an individual feel the force nudge you to charity work, or Make a Wish, etc... Go and do it.

There are hundereds of members here and if the Temple picked one \"Charity\" or organization to \"support\", someone might feel that their charity or organization would have been a better choice and then there could be hurt feelings and division.

The Temple should stick with what it does best, train Jedi who have empathy, compassion, hope, and who are willing to nurture others, loyalty for this site and Jedi everywhere.

Then you will slowly see change, first in your self, second in thoughs you associate with, and thirdly hopefully, in the community around you.

mtfbey

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago #10209 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Helping others.
Maruk wrote:

I think that this site does provide a great service to our local communities and to the world at large. This site trains Jedi. Jedi from all over the world are able to learn and exchange ideas freely. If after reading these post you as an individual feel the force nudge you to charity work, or Make a Wish, etc... Go and do it.

There are hundereds of members here and if the Temple picked one \"Charity\" or organization to \"support\", someone might feel that their charity or organization would have been a better choice and then there could be hurt feelings and division.

The Temple should stick with what it does best, train Jedi who have empathy, compassion, hope, and who are willing to nurture others, loyalty for this site and Jedi everywhere.

Then you will slowly see change, first in your self, second in thoughs you associate with, and thirdly hopefully, in the community around you.

mtfbey

Couldn`t agree with you more Maruk!

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10211 by
I agree. We are doing something for the 'greater good.' We are becoming Jedi. This doesn't seem like much now, but I think the snowball effect is coming for us.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10247 by
Jon wrote:

mtfbey

Not quite.That would only happen if we picked one charity.If we help a number of them than we look like we really want to help and they cant expect us to help them all.

Also i was thinking of assigning Jedi to surten charities.Lastly for the Jedi that really want to get into the action maybe they can join the red cross or become national guard volunteer.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi