Archiving at JJ

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339411 by
Archiving at JJ was created by
Hey guys. Been awhile...

Just real quick. Not trying to poach or blah blah blah....

I just wanted to let people know that i have been trying to get back into the swing of my old archiving work and have finally gotten around to getting TOTJO's section up at Just Jedi. I asked for permission to post the link...but no answer yet.

So the real question is. Who should I talk to these days concerning history/archiving. It be nice to have them look the Datacron over and see if there is anything missing, missrepresented, or any other things concerning it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 9 months ago #339412 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Archiving at JJ
We've already been notified. You know that we have a copyright notice at the bottom of every single page on this site? It means that if you want to copy our stuff, you should ask permission first...

Try contacting the council secretary.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339413 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Archiving at JJ
What type of information are you requesting -

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339414 by
Replied by on topic Archiving at JJ
I have asked for permission. Spoken often to BR John, Jestor, Akkarion and so on and so on. So....are you telling me that permission has been revoked?

By the way. Nice to see you again Ren. As welcoming as ever ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339415 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: What type of information are you requesting -

Anything that the Temple is willing to share for sake of history recording. Don't worry about it, ill just wait for BR John to message. It seems this temple is as aggressive as ever when it comes to this sort of topic! haha That's my bad. I should have known better.

• ren
    Registered
More
4 years 9 months ago #339416 by ren

Trisskar wrote: I have asked for permission. Spoken often to BR John, Jestor, Akkarion and so on and so on. So....are you telling me that permission has been revoked?

By the way. Nice to see you again Ren. As welcoming as ever ;)

Jestor and akkarin haven't been involved in years, and are not the copyright holders.

Someone has already complained to me about the presence of our year end reports on your site. They were only put up there a couple of hours ago.

It's Friday night and this is what I do after work. Nice to see you too.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339417 by
Every single thing posted such as the year end report and newsletters has FULL CREDIT Given including Links back to the original thread.

But like I said. I have already messaged BR John. I will continue this conversation with him in private towards a final solution. I wasn't aware permission was temporary based on temple politics.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #339418 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Archiving at JJ
You have our end of year reports on your site - the whole things . Not being aggressive at all just wondering why? If you can please remove my name from all of those. I do not wish my information to be made public without my own knowledge or outside this Temple. That’s just me. Here is different - I didn’t know you had all that up on your site. This request if for past present and future actions. Please and thank you.
It’s just a matter of personal request - not at all opposed to what you are creating and such - just personal preference.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• ren
    Registered
More
4 years 9 months ago #339420 by ren
Permission is something that can only be granted by the board of directors, and neither jestor nor akkarin could have possibly given you permission to copy something that did not exist back when they were on the council.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339432 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Archiving at JJ
I find it so ironic that suddenly everyone cares about "copyright" law when it concerns forum posts, but not when it includes whole-ass books they stole from the Internet. Especially since the founder of this order has repeatedly assured me, in writing, that the posts made here are the copyright of their respective owners/authors. Everything else you can negotiate, but on this site if you wrote it, you own it, so saith the grand poobah.

So. Given that, and given the fact that the adjudication of any actual legal questions about this website are determined by its country and state of incorporation (Texas, USA), and perhaps (depending on international agreements and local laws) the jurisdiction of the country/province/state/region/etc. at which the server is physically located (but i'd have to do a lot of research on that), people can copy whatever they've written here, because it belongs to them.

Period.

If they haven't written it, then there's a discussion to be had for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Avalon, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3