Apprentice Arisaigs article on Grey Jedi

More
6 years 1 day ago #320975 by Proteus
Just getting this down while I'm thinking about it (about flaws): How often do we mistake things we simply don't identify with / don't understand, with being a flaw? And how does one know that what one does, say, as a "grey Jedi" is not simply something one just doesn't understand or identify with? Are we truly sure that being grey is just an act of stagnating, or is that just how its interpreted because that is how our own personal view of how Jedi identity works when seeing it?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 day ago - 6 years 1 day ago #320976 by

Proteus wrote: Just getting this down while I'm thinking about it (about flaws): How often do we mistake things we simply don't identify with / don't understand, with being a flaw? And how does one know that what one does, say, as a "grey Jedi" is not simply something one just doesn't understand or identify with? Are we truly sure that being grey is just an act of stagnating, or is that just how its interpreted because that is how our own personal view of how Jedi identity works when seeing it?

Perhaps its just a personal view, but in this case it is a well researched personal view. I've talked to many different Greys and taken the time to understand their views. I've written a piece on a Grey philosophy, Potentium, that I even followed for a while. I've spent my time as a Grey, and I found myself making excuses for my less complimenting aspects more and more often, even for a time slipping back into who I was before.

Grey is not always stagnant, but at risk of stagnation. And at many stages in our lives we may find ourselves slowing down and at this risk. A Jedi recognises this and gets going again, as I have, after finding myself stagnating under the guise of Grey. Its okay to slow down once and while. We can't be going full force 24/7. But to make identity in that slowing, to be okay with it, and even defend stopping, is where the fault of Grey lies.

EDIT: So no, its not something I'm viewing as an outsider, nor is it outside the realm of my understanding or experience.
Last edit: 6 years 1 day ago by .

More
6 years 1 day ago #320977 by Carlos.Martinez3
This is from my own personal practice

What I see as weak - others see as strong.
What I see as himderance others see as a way.
One of the toughest things as a Jedi I have come to grips with is can I be me while the other person is - not me. In a world of over 7,500,000,000 at 16:21(UTC) on April 24, 2017 (yea) to say that each one is unique seems —- well unlikely . But yet each fingerprint each of us is as different as the next. Jedi ism is NO exception. The ability to use our syncritism how we see fit - is a great freedom but also the more difficult to accept. Anything here as spoke for can be true to that person stating . But that’s where it may stop. Others may share the idea but once again that might not be the practice of all.
When we find gems and truths for us in our path - I know I did - we tend to think it’s true for every one. That can lead to a lot of trial and upset. There is a freedom in the belief that each of us have to define our own path for ourself and can’t define a path for anynone else. Patience to you may be stubbornness for me yet they both result the same outcome for us both.
When we say things like - I find this to be true - remember - you found it - it’s yours and yours alone - many may find similar and even the same -but what I find only applys to me.
Dictators tell others what to do and how to do it . I encourage every Jedi to Leave room for others to make desisions on their own. I teach students to define themselfs - not me - how you respond to others speaks volumes about what is inside.

Action is the blossom of thought - James Allen with influence from Voltaire.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 day ago - 6 years 1 day ago #320983 by

Arisaig wrote: Perhaps its just a personal view, but in this case it is a well researched personal view. I've talked to many different Greys and taken the time to understand their views.

Really??!! Hmmh…

I just question this because I find your viewpoint is one that has a shocking lack of understanding of the Grey path. Many of the comments here are similar in that regard towards the Grey path as well as the Sith path.

I think Senan has gotten as close as anyone can in the true meaning of “Grey”. In the first place there are no such things as “Grey Jedi”. That is a contradiction in terms and anyone that claims that title is missing the point. In actuality there is only the Grey. You talk of things like mother destroyer and father creator and light and dark and good and bad and right and wrong like a follower of the Grey even acknowledges such things. Just like the Christian you are imposing your skewed and limited dualistic worldview onto us and then chastising us for not conforming. You say you have followed the Grey path? I say you have never even known the first thing about the Grey path.

Others here have talked about the Sith path like it is some opposite to Jediism. It’s not. Yes its guiding star is Passion in ones life by facing that blackness not only in themselves but in nature as a whole. But in this I would say they are even more extreme in breaking these old stereotypes that you are trying to impose on others. While you still see a distinction between the light and the dark, the Grey sees no distinction, but if I were a Sith I would say I find the construct itself to be a lie. The goal of a sith is to free herself from any system of control and in that find freedom. That freedom includes not only freedom from moral systems but freedom from any system of control. This includes controls like selfishness, indifference etc. It is in these ideas that a Sith can be just as driven in her compassion as she can be by ruthless. The difference is that she has the freedom to choose at will.
Last edit: 6 years 1 day ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 day ago #320986 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote: Perhaps its just a personal view, but in this case it is a well researched personal view. I've talked to many different Greys and taken the time to understand their views.

Really??!! Hmmh…

I just question this because I find your viewpoint is one that has a shocking lack of understanding of the Grey path. Many of the comments here are similar in that regard towards the Grey path as well as the Sith path.

Perhaps my views on it do not align to your own. That is the nature of opinions and experiences.

In this end, this was just an article I wrote, a think-piece to get people, well, thinking. And I think it did just that. Love how the conversation has gone so far, lots of excellent questions and debate. :)

More
6 years 1 day ago #320988 by JamesSand
One day Kyrin will learn how to approach people's thoughts and mindsets sideways, and be unstoppable.

(Until then, I expect the attitude will be "Puny humans who can't stand the harsh light of my truth face-on are not worth knowing" or "Weak willed sheep who need me to lead them deserve to be slaughtered")

I hope I'm wrong, because I'd miss the quality rhetoric.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 day ago #320989 by

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Really??!! Hmmh…

Perhaps my views on it do not align to your own. That is the nature of opinions and experiences.

In this end, this was just an article I wrote, a think-piece to get people, well, thinking. And I think it did just that. Love how the conversation has gone so far, lots of excellent questions and debate. :)

You are correct that your opinions do not align to mine in this. However yours also do not align to truth because you have encased yourself in these ideologies that you, as a Jedi, are elite and therefore more enlightened than a Grey, who, in your opinion, is following an incorrect path and needs to change direction. This is not the case and so I encourage you to get away from these dogmatic principles and truly become the individual thinker and forger of the path less traveled you claim to follow by being open enough to truly discuss it. I'm always willing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 day ago #320991 by

JamesSand wrote: One day Kyrin will learn how to approach people's thoughts and mindsets sideways, and be unstoppable.

(Until then, I expect the attitude will be "Puny humans who can't stand the harsh light of my truth face-on are not worth knowing" or "Weak willed sheep who need me to lead them deserve to be slaughtered")

I hope I'm wrong, because I'd miss the quality rhetoric.

In the context of this conversation, this judgement seems a little... harsh? While Kyrin's approach is direct and always challenging another's view, I know Arisaig is quite capable of considering her words and responding appropriately as he has demonstrated above. It would seem that we are all learning to read not just the words, but also the intent. Despite it being frustrating to deal with someone who is almost always contrarian, I honestly believe Kyrin is not trying to force agreement on anyone. Just as I honestly accept that Arisaig has written an article that I don't wholly agree with, but has served as an excellent starting point for a productive and intriguing conversation so far. We are moving the topic forward in various ways, and so long as we can continue to be respectful and discuss the topic and not attack people personally, even while challenging or disagreeing, I think we're still all good here.

More
6 years 1 day ago #320992 by rugadd
I am wondering whom you might consider an authority on The Grey path, Kyrin?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3,

More
6 years 1 day ago #320994 by JamesSand

I think we're still all good here.

Don't worry about me buddy, I have all the time in the worth for both Ari and Kyrin, and I know they're both more than capable of looking after themselves and presenting or ceding their points as they see fit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , ,