Apprentice Arisaigs article on Grey Jedi

More
6 years 2 hours ago - 6 years 2 hours ago #321032 by Zenchi
This is not a dividing up of people as Zenchi suggests. That has already been done for us as a natural consequence of our diversity as humans. No path is wrong, just different.

General definitions as they stand don't bother me, if we don't define groups of people how do we come to terms of communicating using them in reference? It's the adding of negative context of said definition, which my Apprentice has inserted into his shared perspective which I find problematic...

Of course it can be argued whether it's negative or not, but for the most part they are comprised of assumptions which can not be verified as they are for the most part, opinions...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 2 hours ago by Zenchi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 hour ago #321034 by Manu
The article would have been more successful if it had stated the premise that many people latch on to a title to distract themselves from their own shortcomings. That is a phenomena worth discussing, and it is present everywhere, regardless of whatever ideologocial handle you attach to your name.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 46 minutes ago #321035 by
Following that premise are the grey distracting themselves with their title, the op distracting himself with their title, or all Jedi/grey/sith with their preferred title?

More
6 years 28 minutes ago #321038 by Manu

Kehta Nier wrote: Following that premise are the grey distracting themselves with their title, the op distracting himself with their title, or all Jedi/grey/sith with their preferred title?

We are all getting high on 0s and 1s. But it sure is fun :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
5 years 11 months ago #321056 by rugadd

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I see the paths as each having their own “North Star” so to speak, that they will follow. In this, one does not choose a path. They already are the embodiment of that path because of who they are as a being. The trick is to figure out who that person is inside each of us and which attributes we carry as sacred.

I like this. It is what I see us all doing here.

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321059 by

We are all getting high on 0s and 1s. But it sure is fun :laugh:

You're right. Quibbles. (I read Proteus's most recent journal. It made me think.)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321060 by

rugadd wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I see the paths as each having their own “North Star” so to speak, that they will follow. In this, one does not choose a path. They already are the embodiment of that path because of who they are as a being. The trick is to figure out who that person is inside each of us and which attributes we carry as sacred.

I like this. It is what I see us all doing here.

I agree especially this part

The trick is to figure out who that person is inside each of us and which attributes we carry as sacred.

Every being we encounter , including ourselves holds the key to figuring that out , most take a lifetime ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321945 by
Actually grey is anything right or left of center. So in truth the entire njo would have been grey.

This artical was a fun opinion piece but some more research on the topic would have been a better idea

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321946 by

MJ Hannigan wrote: Actually grey is anything right or left of center. So in truth the entire njo would have been grey.

This artical was a fun opinion piece but some more research on the topic would have been a better idea

as stated above, its not being Grey that I draw issue with, but identifying with such rather than the impossible ideals of either Jedi or Sith, which push one to strive ever onward.

I feel everyone IS Grey. One rarely perfectly embodies the Codes of either party. And only then, maybe once or twice in their life, and never for long. But to identify with these impossible codes and to strive towards their callings is what separates who we were before from who we should be now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321948 by
Again my concern is more your lack of understanding about what the Grey Jedi are about. KInda like the concept of not everyone who calls themselves a Jedi is one, the same is true for the Grey Jedi. I am looking forward to seeing you more involved in your training here at TOTJO and then exploring the concepts of the grey jedi later on. It will be interesting to see if your views change.