Fact Checking Daniel M. Jones and The Church of Jediism

More
6 years 5 months ago #306421 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I'm not speaking of karma but also of choice, this is a show that is notorious for ambushes, this is what they do and how they get their ratings, and he chose to go on it anyway.

Agreed. I saw the hosts and knew this was gonna be a hack job. Daniel Jones held his ground very well, wont take that away from him. Prolly did better than I would have done, but I wouldn't have accepted an invite onto that show. XD

Yes but all publicity is good publicity. Jones is a master of this sort of manipulation. Its the reason he commonly holds the title of founder of Jediism. Because he was able to capitalize on the census data when it came out in England. I think he knows exactly what hes doing.

Self proclaimed ... founder . That's ok, the world is full of difrent denominations of founders and owners of titles . . . We are the youngest faith currently to come out and it's only the first two minutes. Expect more "leaders " to emerge and even more ... self proclaimers. They are in every place there are people.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306423 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Luis_de_Jesús

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_de_Palingboer

All claim to be a label ... Jesus . Every orginasation and sect will have these self proclaimed folk.

Jedi ism has its first!

Build, not tear down.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306425 by Carlos.Martinez3
http://www.flashnews.com/news/wfn02100707fn32530.html

Edit: smiley face

Build, not tear down.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306431 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:
Self proclaimed ... founder . That's ok, the world is full of difrent denominations of founders and owners of titles . . . We are the youngest faith currently to come out and it's only the first two minutes. Expect more "leaders " to emerge and even more ... self proclaimers. They are in every place there are people.

Maybe, but it still does not change the fact that he is also commonly publicly regarded as the founder as well. He has been able to capitalize on that term and been accepted by the general media for the most part it seems. Anytime there is a news story about jediism his name is prominent.

He has managed to get the underdog masses on his side and he has managed to get those that find Jediism silly to focus on his pursuits. Its what he wants. Attention, in any form. Did you see how he never really looks at his attackers and floundered as he did. All master manipulation to further his plight and become an even greater sacrifice for others to rally behind, buy his stuff and take up the name Jedi. Anytime something has to be purchased to get secret knowledge it makes it more valuable to those seeking.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .
More
6 years 5 months ago #306435 by Carlos.Martinez3
That's ok too. You are right in believing that. I won't ever tell another human what to believe. Not my cup not my chair , That's on you. Force we share be with you.
Tough stuff to watch. He didn't found anything in my opinion. I was Jedi before I labeled my self Jedi with the first simple teaching ... we believe in the inherit merit and worth of all life . This simple teaching isn't founded ... it's not even ours. We simply share it. I had it before I was Jedi. Can't claim what isn't meant to be possessed but shared. My own opinion.
Jedi ism doesn't even belong to the Jedi , it's a practice of all myth and all ideas... the label that removes labels ! Lol

Build, not tear down.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306448 by Reacher
While watching that made me cringe, I think there are a couple of things that came out of it worth considering.

I don't think anyone curious about Jediism was turned off of the idea by watching a couple of Good Morning Britain hosts act like jerks to two people ready to explain their faith. They never had a platform to speak, and I think that is fairly plain to see. Anyone who didn't feel some degree of sympathy for them probably isn't the kind of person we'd like to see in any forum anyway.

With the reputation carried by that show and by Piers Morgan, I'm not sure Daniel Jones really could've been prepared for equitable, reasonable discussion in the first place. I don't think he set out to 'win' or 'convince' Morgan and the hosts of anything. However, if what he did on that show equates to more visits to his site...then he can call that a win in his corner of the universe.

Jedi Knight

The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3
More
6 years 5 months ago #306449 by FTPC
I would like to meet Daniel Morgan Jones over Skype or Gmail chat /google hang out
Jedi to Jedi I bet he is pretty cool

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
More
6 years 5 months ago #306460 by Br. John

FTPC wrote: I would like to meet Daniel Morgan Jones over Skype or Gmail chat /google hang out
Jedi to Jedi I bet he is pretty cool

I did. Several years ago we had a long Skype visit. Almost two hours. We seemed to have things resolved and all the issues laid to rest. Then he stars lying again. More and more with bigger and bigger lies.

In his book that was just published he said we, TOTJO, are a Christian Church and we follow the teachings of Joseph Smith. That's total rubbish and he knows it. Things like that keep him off my Christmas card list and left out of my will.

At the time he was pleasant to talk with.

Founder of The Order
More
6 years 5 months ago #306473 by Eleven
I agree with Kyrin on this Daniel I don't think he walked into this unprepared and from the sounds of it and observing his expressions and lack of eye contact he was in control the whole time without his attackers ever knowing it. I feel bad that he seems to get alot of heat from media, the jedi community at times and many others.

As far as being the "Founder" of Jediism or the Jedi Church being the "First" now that is alot to bite off. Br. John, I didn't know he said that about TOTJO and I think that is ridiculous claim for him to make that claim about TOTJO I didn't know he had a book out yet I am intrigued to read it and see what he has to say.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
More
6 years 5 months ago #306493 by Brick
That was bit cringe inducing to watch. I personally wouldn't have posed with the lightsabers at the start, gimmicks like that seldom go down well with a British audience when you're trying to get them to take you seriously. It does irritate me a little that he seems to be the British media's go-to-guy on all things Jedi though, as his version of 'Jediism' doesn't necessarily represent the wider community's version of 'Jediism'.

Also, after people see him, they'll go to his site, see that you have to pay and look at the celebrities he lists as being members and think it looks a bit 'Scientology', which again to a British audience, doe not look good

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson