Jedi Bible http://JediBible.org

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #301537 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Jedi Bible
To be fair to the BBC, they have done articles on TotJO before, and akkarin appeared very briefly on a TV show they did.

But I was referring to this one in particular. Given that it was a TotJO application that the article was actually about haha. Someone must have corrected them on this though because in the original article they'd quoted Daniel Jones describing TotJO as a mostly catholic based website :laugh:

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter, Kobos,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #301543 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Jedi Bible
Not that I find age all that important to someones ability to teach the force or their personal connection to it, but um a 31 yr old founder (with no explanation of a teacher or form of master raises to me a question of qualification) whom is selling his book through a website and Amazon with that title is not exactly Buddha or Yoda if you will. Now I am being pretty judgmental because unlike some others I have seen articles on this guy is straight accepting the glory of speaking for all Jedi with out at least saying I do not speak for the whole community. I guess it's just the mood I am in lol (I am kinda being a judgmental d-bag). So, Ari our duel is on hold I believe this man is a great danger to our way of life and so I must travel the sea and hunt him down ;) and meet Brick and our European counterparts while there(not really, well yes to meeting, everyone no to the violence; I'm still coming for you Ari).

In the end though i hope this has little to effect on us we have studying to do and realisticly though; I want the public image of Jediism to be taken as a serious devotional path, it is pretty irrelevant on what the whole focus is. Keep being good people, learn, help others and grow within yourself and I think that's all we need to be Jedi!

Just rambling to ramble......Much love and respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
6 years 6 months ago #301555 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Jedi Bible
The first two online courses are free, but Jones has already indicated that the others will cost money: “There will be courses that will cost money, but if someone can’t afford these they will be able to perform voluntary work online and receive the training in exchange.”

Sounds very organized . Nothing wrong with that . Maybe I need to write a few books? Maybe we need to ? Can we ? Hmmmm thanks for the post of possibilities , if he can ..... what feeedoms! I say hooray! What's our landscape ? Any? Time to take action for this Jedi ! Lol ol boy making me look bad ! Jk just a joke but in all seriousness it is how we win that matters then let us runs good race ... sportsman like maybe ? Lead the way oh dan the man!!!! Let's see what we can do! Totjo, what can we do this year if here really is no rules and no real "no you can't" hmmmm he did can't we? Same of even better ? Action , things like this make me act!!!! My man hatter !!! Thank you
Be looking for my book of change soon!!! Available here first lol wink!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago #301557 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Jedi Bible

Brick wrote: To be fair to the BBC, they have done articles on TotJO before, and akkarin appeared very briefly on a TV show they did.

But I was referring to this one in particular. Given that it was a TotJO application that the article was actually about haha. Someone must have corrected them on this though because in the original article they'd quoted Daniel Jones describing TotJO as a mostly catholic based website :laugh:

He uses every opportunity to describe us as mainly a Christian based organization. Here's something from The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/movies/star-wars-jedi-temple.html

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301559 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Bible
lol, I just want to read it. I don't like that it's called "Bible" but eh.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301560 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Jedi Bible

vladucard wrote: lol, I just want to read it. I don't like that it's called "Bible" but eh.

It being called a bible appears to be a choice of the news source, not the author but I can't be 100 percent on that.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
6 years 6 months ago #301561 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Jedi Bible

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: The first two online courses are free, but Jones has already indicated that the others will cost money: “There will be courses that will cost money, but if someone can’t afford these they will be able to perform voluntary work online and receive the training in exchange.”

Sounds very organized . Nothing wrong with that . Maybe I need to write a few books? Maybe we need to ? Can we ? Hmmmm thanks for the post of possibilities , if he can ..... what feeedoms! I say hooray! What's our landscape ? Any? Time to take action for this Jedi ! Lol ol boy making me look bad ! Jk just a joke but in all seriousness it is how we win that matters then let us runs good race ... sportsman like maybe ? Lead the way oh dan the man!!!! Let's see what we can do! TOTJO, what can we do this year if here really is no rules and no real "no you can't" hmmmm he did can't we? Same of even better ? Action , things like this make me act!!!! My man hatter !!! Thank you
Be looking for my book of change soon!!! Available here first lol wink!

This is actually a really great idea we all have some pretty interesting stories to tell and a lot of growth to speak on I believe. However, Carlos I gotta admit i wanna revert and go ole school on this boy; I roll deep son. Jk the book thing is a great idea!
And yea Brother John he comes off as a I'm the best guy and I'm sure he looks for ways to discredit what is not his.....again, I am being very judgmental but, meh I think we have a good idea on a constructive way to build ourselves.

Much love and respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

More
6 years 6 months ago #301571 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic Jedi Bible
I thought that the Path of the Jedi and the Jedi compass made up part of the Jedi bible?

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301573 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Bible

FTPC wrote: I thought that the Path of the Jedi and the Jedi compass made up part of the Jedi bible?

Excellent sources of learning, but not quite a bible. But again, are we gonna stick with the Christian holy book name even if we did have holy scriptures?

More
6 years 6 months ago #301574 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Jedi Bible
Oh, they must have forgotten that we already publish a book that money goes towards UNICEF....

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC, MadHatter, Kobos