Jedi Bible http://JediBible.org

More
6 years 7 months ago #301636 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Jedi Bible

Lykeios wrote: What a load of bullspit...

Me, a load of Bull spit........;) you got me dead to rights!!!

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301645 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Jedi Bible
So, I was given the opportunity to quickly read through some of the lessons that are charged for, and i will just leave it at this because in reality it is not worth losing any sleep over. After reading through it, the fact that he charges for IMO useless lessons based off of his personal opinion with no application of actual resources such as complimentary readings and proper assignments. Coupled with the very cut and dry presentation of what he believes a Jedi to be leaves me feeling that my initial opinion is somewhat correct.....It's like a televangelist Scientology (the ranking system is very similar with levels ect. based off how many lessons you pay for.) cross using Jedi instead of Zenu or Jesus. His teachings are not necessarily bad and could help a lot of people, it just kinda seems like he's avoiding or at least trying to make it seem like no one should ask why. It kinda makes me sad that this is a dude who claims to be a founder of Jediism, and directly speaks about not using the force for personal gain then charges for lessons that are essentially covered in any form of life coaching.......then there's the midiclorian thing (everyone has different views but that's just not one I buy). Thank you again! this message is going to be almost word for word what I am going to put in the forum hopefully some people take it for what it is, neither good nor bad just another path led by someone whom blinded himself IMO.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

Daniel if you happen to read this for some odd reason; I mean no disrespect but you really need to take a look at what you are teaching and the nature of the force within the mythology of Star Wars and other world religions. Second please please do not charge people for the chance to improve their lives or else you are already running counter to your very first lesson.
Love and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 7 months ago #301661 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic Jedi Bible

Arisaig wrote:

FTPC wrote: I thought that the Path of the Jedi and the Jedi compass made up part of the Jedi bible?

Excellent sources of learning, but not quite a bible. But again, are we gonna stick with the Christian holy book name even if we did have holy scriptures?

The Christain bible is Flawed and history has proven it

it is like watching a movie on HBO than a month later The same movie is water down and censored and filled with commericals see my point

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301662 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Bible

FTPC wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

FTPC wrote: I thought that the Path of the Jedi and the Jedi compass made up part of the Jedi bible?

Excellent sources of learning, but not quite a bible. But again, are we gonna stick with the Christian holy book name even if we did have holy scriptures?

The Christain bible is Flawed and history has proven it

it is like watching a movie on HBO than a month later The same movie is water down and censored and filled with commericals see my point

That came out of left field, nor was related to my post in any way. This is not a christian bashing thread, please keep it on track. :)

More
6 years 7 months ago #301664 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic Jedi Bible
I am not turning this Christian bashing thread,

I am just saying IF CJI Christian & Jewish and Islam followers have the faith in One God and Pray at one wall in Israel

Then why in world do we have 3 different biblical books dividing us, There are pieces of history that are in the Torra that is NOT in King James

that is all that I am saying

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #301665 by

FTPC wrote: I am not turning this Christian bashing thread,

I am just saying IF CJI Christian & Jewish and Islam followers have the faith in One God and Pray at one wall in Israel

Then why in world do we have 3 different biblical books dividing us, There are pieces of history that are in the Torra that is NOT in King James

I understand that, but that's not the point of this thread.

EDIT: All that to say, a Jedi knows when to act.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #301678 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Jedi Bible
I thought my Jedi Coke thing was super clever, but either it's not as clever as I thought, or I'm, uhh, I've been told about this? can't remember the words. Anyway, I'm sure I ignored the opportunity for growth then, and I'll ignore it again now.

My point was, putting the word Jedi on something doesn't mean any of us have to care.

I've never heard of this dude, and I'll never likely read his book (unless it's in a bookshop and it's raining outside and I want an excuse to stand around and watch the cute girl behind the counter out of the corner of my eye)

We all sort of take the hits with using the Jedi word in the first place, so if we can do that with a sense of humour, I don't think we need to rush out and
A. Care
B. Make any response to

anyone else using the word differently.

This bloke just saw a marketing opportunity and took it. I'm a capitalist, I can dig that. What's it got to do with Jediism as I see it, or my path as a space wizard? bugger all.

We might as well complain about the next star wars movie not portraying Jedi in a fair light and encouraging hate crimes against us

TIGGER WARNING - JUST FOR OB1
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos,

More
6 years 7 months ago #301679 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Jedi Bible

FTPC wrote: I am not turning this Christian bashing thread,

Trivia: The Roman Catholic Bible has several more entire books (in the Old Testament) as well as additions to others that are not in any protestant version of The Bible at all.

They are:

Tobit.
Judith.
Additions to Esther (Vulgate Esther 10:4–16:24)
Wisdom (also called the Wisdom of Solomon)
Sirach (also called Ecclesiasticus)
Baruch, including the Letter of Jeremiah (Additions to Jeremiah in the Septuagint)
Additions to Daniel
1 Maccabees.
2 Maccabees.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #301683 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Jedi Bible

Kobos wrote:

Lykeios wrote: What a load of bullspit...

Me, a load of Bull spit........;) you got me dead to rights!!!

Lol. I meant the article about the book and the very idea of the book. Anyone trying to sell me a book he (or she) refers to as a "Jedi Bible" is immediately a fraud in my mind. I know nothing about the author and he may be a "great" Jedi, but his statements alone make me think he is full of himself and has far too big a head to be any kind of reputable Jedi.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301932 by

MadHatter wrote: Whelp I just read this article http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jedi-bible-released-followers-star-11164263

Article text:

Star Wars fanatics will be able to get their own Bible - after the founder of Jediism published a book on the religion.

Become The Force: 9 Lessons On How To Live as a Jediist Master promises to teach followers how to use "the force" for good in their lives.The sci-fi self-help book has been written by the Church of Jediism founder Daniel Jones.

Daniel, 31, says his teachings are inspired by the Star Wars films' fictional Jedi Order.He claims the "Bible" will "inspire followers to live meaningful, empowered lives" and with lessons preaching "tolerance, self-belief and how to find the light in a world of darkness."

Jediism was officially recognized as a religion in 2001 and is estimated to have 500,000 practicing members worldwide.

The church claims to have more members in the UK than Scientology, Paganism, Humanism, and Rastafarianism combined.

I am not sure how I feel about the article, its tone, or the claims made. So I would love to hear outside opinion

This source actually claims DJ started jediism? Please this is funny. They should have brought up the drunk guy that beat up their club when they were doing lightsaber training and scared off DJ's brother.