TOTJO "Documentary"

More
6 years 8 months ago #292187 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic TOTJO "Documentary"
The trailer makes me want to see to movie. I'll be getting it the first day it's available.

The 'movie' we're talking about making here is not a documentary and not really a movie. It's a collection of short bite size videos on various aspects of Jediism and The Order and things like that.

Just from watching the trailer, Hannigan looks like he may be the best part of it, especially if they cut Ros' deadly triple black belt feng shui demonstration.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292188 by
Replied by on topic TOTJO "Documentary"

Br. John wrote: The trailer makes me want to see to movie. I'll be getting it the first day it's available.

The 'movie' we're talking about making here is not a documentary and not really a movie. It's a collection of short bite size videos on various aspects of Jediism and The Order and things like that.

Just from watching the trailer, Hannigan looks like he may be the best part of it, especially if they cut Ros' deadly triple black belt feng shui demonstration.

Good to see you old friend. Me topless now would be a great part but sadly not then. I think you are forgetting about Grandmaster War Beauty. She was a great role in this film. With her history and life experience how could she not be.

You should call me at some point. If you saved my number it has not changed in years. We should catch up.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #292189 by Alethea Thompson
Opie Macleod (34) turned to Jediism as a way to escape his days as a misguided, fledgling gangster, but his most difficult challenge turned out to be losing his wife to the “dark side of the Force” – a real-life Sith named Miles.

I didn't catch this part was in the description until just now, but since it's out in the public eye: I hope that Opie tells the truth of what happened during this situation. Because the way this trailer protrays it, it paints two very good people in the wrong light. So for any of you that were thinking "OH THE SITH ARE EVIL!" or "WOW SHE'S A WHORE!", you've got it wrong- you've got it soooo very wrong. (And that's all I'm going to say on the matter)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #292192 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic TOTJO "Documentary"
Are we starting now with the videos?

Also, I like to move it move it...

Split from "American Jedi"

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Rosalyn J.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292193 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic American Jedi Documentry

Rosalyn J wrote: Are we starting now with the videos?

How about that be in it's own thread and after we get the Knight's Council Advisory Committee settled?

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 8 months ago #292196 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic TOTJO "Documentary"
I guess we should decide what we really want to do. What story we want to tell.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292198 by
Ok ignore all my posts here as they have nothing to do with what totjo does. These posts were made before the split off from American Jedi film.

I wish totjo well in this process. They discussed it back in 2012 i hope they finally get around to getting it done.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292199 by Alethea Thompson
I'd probably talk about the doctrine, and how studying it translates into real life. How it's transformed people. I saw a thread somewhere around here asking how the Jedi Path has helped people in life.

I'd also have something in here about what it's like to be a Minister and what it's like to be a Jedi Knight at the temple. But also it is important to talk with the people that are not actually considered members, and those that are apprentices.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #292202 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic TOTJO "Documentary"
I would be able to assist with the graphics and video editing as well.

Edit: Depending on when it's done and what my class and internship loads are like.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292204 by

Alethea Thompson wrote: I hope that Opie tells the truth of what happened during this situation

1.) You don't know the "truth" of the situation. Only three people know that (and truth never gets portrayed properly - people always try not to look the like the idiot of the situation). So for once in your life stop acting like you know. I understand that calling your gossip - gossip - may not appeal to you. But please, try to let go of the high school mentality for two seconds. Instead making snap judgments before you have anything to make judgments on. Your assumptions are telling.
2.) Why would anyone, especially a Jedi, jump to such awful conclusions about people they know nothing about? You threw that out there, not the trailer. Again, your assumptions are telling.
3.) I told the truth as best as a person can who is dealing with it. I didn't hide my idiocy or mistakes and my own issues. But that doesn't change facts.
4.) I have no idea how it plays out in the documentary because I wasn't involved in the process. Editing, Additions, all of that can change a lot. And if I don't know - then you definitely don't know. So how abut we wait and see what they do with it before passing judgment?