TOTJO "Documentary"

More
6 years 8 months ago #292175 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic TOTJO "Documentary"

vladucard wrote: I'd be down for our own. This could shed a light at HOW we do things here from both the new and older members. A gathering would be nice but considering that we are an international community, lots of people wouldn't be able to make it.....but the skype interviews and such would be great as well!

Skype interviews are a good start, there are gatherings in various places that would help, but even just recorded videos from individuals as well to throw in the mix, the more you have from various area's the better. Consider it like a short 1-2 minute intro just like what you do when you first come to the temple, here is who I am where I'm at, what I do, and what/how I believe/follow so be it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292177 by
Replied by on topic TOTJO "Documentary"
well said. We HAVE To do this! It sounds so exciting!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292178 by
Lets be honest. Hannigan is a gift to the community. You put me in a room with a guy recording me for a few hours. Lets just say "I know something you don't know".

Love and Light!
MJ Hannigan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292179 by
I find the trailer kinda funny. I mean in 2 minutes 16 seconds i have 3 very diffrent hair styles and colors. I am pretty happy i am about 30lbs heavier now but oh well. The trailer is doing its job. I believe it will catch some good traction and good things can come about. If you want to know why Laurent decided to interview me well honestly I can not take credit for that. I was interviewed quite a bit over a few days leading up to the gathering, at the gathering and after the gather, as well as the year later. I did NOT intend to even have a part other then back ground in the film. I heard about it when Laurent called me. I thought he was joking and I wanted to finish my workout and i would call him later. Well after me workout I spoke with others and found out he was real so i callled back. But on to the point Laurent choice Myself and I think Opie because he thought we were interesting. Why is this? Well when the community is hating on you a lot and a person looking for a story hears about it they kinda want to know why. So long story short. I would like to thank my haters for making this possible.

For all the people saying we should make our own film. I agree but I ask you are you doing it because you can make it better? Are you doing it to get the people you feel are the most important? Or are you doing it to get the sour grape taste out of your mouth?

Roz you did a great job at that gathering and I was happy that I met you and that we had our crazy long walk in Jackson MI. It sucks how friendships got wrecked since but it was still a great time getting to know you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292180 by

MJ Hannigan wrote: For all the people saying we should make our own film. I agree but I ask you are you doing it because you can make it better? Are you doing it to get the people you feel are the most important? Or are you doing it to get the sour grape taste out of your mouth?

My guess, to show that the community consists of more than 3 or so people? It doesn't hurt to show another side of the community ya know. I'm pretty much new to it so I don't have a sour taste in my mouth....plus, I like sour so it wouldn't bother me either, lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292181 by
There were plenty of people in the trailer. I saw more then just 3 people. Perhaps i will watch it again and count.

The question is not the number of people but how the peoples stories were told. In truth we have 3 very different people in the film and a combined almost 55 years of Jedi Community experience. On of the featured people was a Grandmaster here at TOTJO for a number of years. One of the people have a succesful youtube channel and the other a successful podcast on blog talk radio.

So the question is why would those people not be fair representatives?

More
6 years 8 months ago #292182 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic TOTJO "Documentary"

MJ Hannigan wrote: For all the people saying we should make our own film. I agree but I ask you are you doing it because you can make it better? Are you doing it to get the people you feel are the most important? Or are you doing it to get the sour grape taste out of your mouth?

I'm saying it because it would get a bunch of people off their backsides and doing something, and it'd be a great way to chronicle the journey of the Temple.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292183 by
As an editor, what I would suggest is creating a set list of basic questions that everyone would answer. It makes for a better organized presentation and easier editing while still showing the diversity of the people here.

For example:
1. Name and where you are from
2. How did you discover Jediism?
3. What made you decide to become a Jedi or study Jediism?
4. How has it changed your life?
5. Share your definition/view of the Force.

Something like that.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292185 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic TOTJO "Documentary"
Let's move this to another thread, yeah? :D
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292186 by

steamboat28 wrote:

I'm saying it because it would get a bunch of people off their backsides and doing something, and it'd be a great way to chronicle the journey of the Temple.

So create a youtube channel and have at it.

Per Opie like or hate him (my opinion is not listed) he has been doing vids for 10 years. I have been doing podcasts for 5. I just think people are so busy hating on the subjects that they can not see the big picture.