TOTJO "Documentary"

More
6 years 8 months ago #292158 by steamboat28
If you're that worried about it, perhaps we should make one of our own?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #292159 by
Replied by on topic TOTJO "Documentary"

steamboat28 wrote: If you're that worried about it, perhaps we should make one of our own?

Amusingly enough. My husband said just that when we first watched the trailer XD lol

Id be up for it. Can set up a gathering and such to bring us together. I really loved the place we did it for American Jedi. The Laberynth was beautiful
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago #292160 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic TOTJO "Documentary"

steamboat28 wrote: If you're that worried about it, perhaps we should make one of our own?

I've considered proposing such a project in the future after i get done with some of my other studies and projects.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292161 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic TOTJO "Documentary"
With modern tech, it wouldn't take long to get interviews from a vast array of people here. I could help edit it, we could see if anyone in Temple would want to do graphics and music and such. Make it a group project. It'd fit nicely on our YT channel, I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292163 by

steamboat28 wrote: With modern tech, it wouldn't take long to get interviews from a vast array of people here. I could help edit it, we could see if anyone in Temple would want to do graphics and music and such. Make it a group project. It'd fit nicely on our YT channel, I think.

I would encourage rules for something like that.....I've seen Jedi do Video Blogs/ Web cam interviews with trashy backgrounds and clothing/appearance.... It is important to give people a natural/normal feel on the members and what they are like but at the same time....a bit of professional/Clean appearance never hurt anyone.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292164 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic TOTJO "Documentary"
I mean, obviously it follows that we'd want guidelines.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292167 by
I've got the graphics editing capability and access to a whole library of royalty free music and sound effects. I'd be happy to assist.

Here's a short example of my work back when I was in graphics production for TV (Zakk Sabbath was my radio name at the time LOL) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK05rfHzRbg

But... my experience with this kind of work tells me that this takes a LOT of time and effort for what will likely draw a whole bunch of criticism from arm chair movie producers who think they can do it better, so documentary might be a big leap for little reward.

Someone previously mentioned a "Welcome" video to be put on the Home Page here. That might be a better place to start. We could have representatives here welcome newcomers to the site, share a bit of background about Jediism, and point them to the FAQ, library, and the appropriate officers for questions. A sort of virtual tour/Meet & Greet, if you will. There will be less need for sensationalism or entertainment value (we can leave the sabers and robes out of it, or use them to demonstrate how our love of the films does not define who we are), but we can still put some real life personality into it. People can record their parts via web cam at home even. It doesn't have to be the highest production value.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292168 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic TOTJO "Documentary"

I've been thinking about that too. I've been an associate producer on some movies with a cameo in one.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, steamboat28,

More
6 years 8 months ago #292170 by Alethea Thompson
Hannigan and I said that about a year ago when this still wasn't out :laugh:

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292173 by
I'd be down for our own. This could shed a light at HOW we do things here from both the new and older members. A gathering would be nice but considering that we are an international community, lots of people wouldn't be able to make it.....but the skype interviews and such would be great as well!