We're in the news... again!

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #123984 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic We're in the news... again!

Alethea Thompson wrote: Opie happens to live in the same city as Ben, it doesn't surprise me he chose him over one of the other people he could have asked. Of the people he could have asked though, I think he chose the best candidate. I would have been able to answer the questions, but one in particular he was able to answer better than I could have because of his knowledge of the Star Wars Mythos.

Im not taking anything away from anyone, lol...

It interesting thought to hear how many he talked to..

And I agree, I dont know anything about the EU or the myth except what was in the movies...

I may take the time to read them someday...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #123986 by
Replied by on topic We're in the news... again!
Great interview! To be honest, the main things I new about Opie concerned his insistence that Jediism is a philosophy, not a religion. So it was nice to see him give acknowledgement that there are those of out there who do follow it as a faith.

If anyone wanted the link to the magazine article that was mentioned in the video, here it is:
http://www.details.com/culture-trends/critical-eye/201311/star-wars-religion-church-of-jedi
It also has words from Br.John of "Temple of the Jedi Order, the most trafficked Jediism website in the U.S." :D
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #123987 by
Out of interest, does anyone have a copy of Opie's "History of the Jedi Community"? Alethea? I'd like to read it if possible.

More
10 years 6 months ago #124013 by Llama Su
Any suggested star wars mythos reading material from the EU I am open to, especially if I can expand my universe, and apply personal research and studies...

my suggested books are for anyone interested: Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force, The jedi Path, Jediism Philosophy and Practice, The comics are cool too, wish I had the names for them... Or even the two films "Caravan of Courage" and "The Battle for Endor". The cartoon network series is good, as well as the clone wars cartoon, that was done by The Samurai Jack artist...

Please feel free to pm me some suggestions, please... I would love to read more, the universe of Star Wars is so big, where to begin???
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #124033 by

Mark Anjuu wrote: Great interview! To be honest, the main things I new about Opie concerned his insistence that Jediism is a philosophy, not a religion. So it was nice to see him give acknowledgement that there are those of out there who do follow it as a faith.

The art of Jediry versus Jediism. I gather that is the main reason he is not a part of the Jedi temple?

More
10 years 6 months ago #124222 by Alethea Thompson
I can see if I can dig it up. Mark, you might be interested in his new book.

http://www.amazon.com/Jedi-Religion-Academy-Online-Presents-ebook/dp/B00EOJOJUU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383889699&sr=8-2&keywords=Kevin+Trout+AND+JEdiism

That was the first time he admitted publicly that Jediism has merit. It's a wonderful read.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
10 years 6 months ago #124224 by Br. John
That was a good interview. Here's his history of Jediism. Note that the Temple Of The Jedi Order mentioned is not this one. When I registered this domain it was not owned by anyone and I did not know there was a previous organization with that name.

Attachment h979ab0a.pdf not found

Founder of The Order

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Llama Su

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #124230 by
Thanks John. Slightly disappointing that we are afforded only a small and slightly dismissive paragraph...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #124241 by
To be fair, Mark, in 2008 when this thing was first thought of... I had no idea that this website even existed. I had been in the community for a while, and this site NEVER came up on the other side of the community.

At least not at the places I was.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #124242 by
Perhaps it's time for an update then? ;)